Ability to edit steering in Hot Pursuit 2?

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
CarlC
Stock
Stock

Ability to edit steering in Hot Pursuit 2?

Post by CarlC »

Hi,
This is my 1st post - thanks for having me... I'm using N4S Hot Pursuit 2 with an Indianapolis 500 vibration steering wheel. Here's my problem - every car in this game is practically out of control when I'm steering - it's like it overcorrects when you pull the wheel to the right or left. I have a generic Windows game controller capability to calibrate it, but basically only to find center and to determine left or right steering. I've tried tweaking the dead zone up and down, and it's only marginally better.

Is there any way in the cars.ini file to edit the steering controlability of a car, maybe by lowering or raising a number? I've downloaded and installed some modded cars and thought maybe it could be done. I love this racing wheel - it's the only pc wheel I've found with gas and brake paddles on the wheel itself instead of separate foot pedals, which I can't stand.

Any tips or pointers? Thanks!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you dont have a option to adjust steering sensitivity ?
CarlC
Stock
Stock

No sensitivity option, I don't think

Post by CarlC »

Hi,

I have two options. The first is through the game controller calibration set up through my Windows control panel. That lets me find center, and determine left and right steering, but I don't believe it has sensitivity settings.

The second option I have is the dead zone setting through the game. That helped a tiny bit, but it still overcorrects and is hard to control no matter what car I use.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmmmmm to me it sounds like a sensitivity problem. i had a steering wheel once and i was experinecing the same problem you are but i could turn down the sensitvity and that fixed it. do you have the latest drivers for it?
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

dont you have hardware specific driver for it? (normally you get a cd with a wheel, otherwise its on the net :)
windows drivers are ok sometimes, but specific drivers have much more options most of the time
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that is very true. go to the website of whoever made your steering wheel and see if they have drivers which they should. if not then i would send them an e mail explaining your problem
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

Do what they sayed : Find good drivers for it and ur ok
User deactivated:

Return to “Editing”