Problems with editing!!!

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
GRaecuS
Stock
Stock

Problems with editing!!!

Post by GRaecuS »

I have 4 problems with editing vinyls:
1) When I open a folder where I've extracted a vinyl (dds file), Microsoft Explorer crashes.
2) When I open dds file with PhotoShop, it opens as a 1054x512 image and not as 512x512 with vinyl in several sizes!!
3) When a edit a vinyl and import it, game crashes when I select this vinyl in game. Why?
4) Do I have to edit a vinyl and its mask?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

1) set view to 'details' or ignore the 'send error report' or don' send error report message. Just drag that window somewhere out of sight, till you are done with whatever you wanted.. This is a good time to set the view to 'details'.
2) When it asks to create 'minimaps' say NO (this is in the readme)
3) Don't edit a vinyl and import it. Just edit it, than copy it and paste into a new 512x512 document. Now save as DDS and preferably over the previous one... Actually the name of the vinyl isn't important. It's where you import it that counts (don't import a color into mask for example).
4) Yes and Yes. See readme how to do that.

On number 3 - so that you understand wny your thing crashes... In Photoshop7 there is a tab that says Layers and Channels and something else. Usually you have it on Layers. Now click Channels and you'll notice not only your edited stuff, but the last layer in Channels will be the mask of the original vinyl, before you edited it... You can just delete that and it will solve the problem. And if you have the game crashing - just replace the corrupted folder with backup from CD1 of the game.
GRaecuS
Stock
Stock

Post by GRaecuS »

Thankz, you helped but I have some new questions:
1) How can I create photorealistic vinyl (=with pictures)?
2) Do I have to put custom vinyl only in place of side & wood vinyls or I can put it in custom vinyls as Samantha's too?

Return to “Editing”