I'm new here and have a question in reguards to texturing...

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
Decka
Stock
Stock

I'm new here and have a question in reguards to texturing...

Post by Decka »

I download both decompilers, vivmagic and fshtool, and extracted the texture files for the car I planed editing (Crown Victoria). After about an hour messing around with the texture in Photoshop I saved it in both the skin00 and skincop directories. I tried renaming skin.viv file thinking that nfshp2 would then pickup the bmp files but that didn't work. I'm wondering if there's a compiler so i can put the bmps into fsh files and those into a viv file then it might work, or is there a better way to do this? I would appreciate any and all help in this matter.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Look into the folder where the bmp files are. there must be a file called index."something". Open this file with the fsh-tool. this will repack the bmp files into the fsh file you unpacked before.

I dont know how to pack it then into viv. :?:

Post by Guest »

thanks for the hellp, but I found out a little bit after i posted this topic.
To compile it back into a viv file you first must take off read only on the skin.viv file (I would suggest to back it up) then I use fsh tool to compile the bmps back into the fsh files and then i use viv edit and import the fsh files into skin.viv, save it and you got your skin in nfs hpII

Return to “Editing”