Problem with sim file.PLZ HELP

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Problem with sim file.PLZ HELP

Post by Nitro »

Supposing I've made a new car,how can I import it to a profile so I can use it?I've made a quite nice bodykit for the 2000 911Turbo(996).I've changed the original 996.crp and renamed it to 996SP3.crp.I've copied all the other original files from the original car and just renamed them like this : 996SP3.clr , 996SP3.tpg , 996SP3L.fsh , 996SP3D.fsh.Finally the problem!!I've taken the original 996Tcoupe36.sim and made some changes for greater top speed , acceleration and grip and saved it as 996SP3.sim.I've placed them to the correct folders , created a new profile with SaveGen.exe, and with the instructions from Erix page , using the Carsuite.exe I imported the car.The problem is that although the car is the way I designed it, when I race it's using the original .sim and not the tuned one.Following the same steps I made some other cars based on the same (911 turbo) but I have the same problem.Plz HELP.!!!!!!!!! :? :(
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i'm no good with nfs5 :roll:

but if you take a look at this site: http://erix.nfsunlimited.net/main.html

it has a tutorial on making nfs5 cars, it might be helpful :wink:
Golf Ball
Ricer
Ricer

Sim edit

Post by Golf Ball »

Make sure you name the sim the same in the gamedata/simulation/carmodel as in the file editor. What I usually do is I name the sim the same as the crp. That should fix it. :D
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

As i wrote in my first message :
"Finally the problem!!I've taken the original 996Tcoupe36.sim and made some changes for greater top speed , acceleration and grip and saved it as 996SP3.sim."
Every file i made has the same name (only different extension).Any other suggestions?? :(
Viper thanx i'll look at it now. :D
Golf Ball
Ricer
Ricer

Solution

Post by Golf Ball »

I've had the same problem, so I no what you're saying. Ok try this, open file editor, click on your save game, choose that car, click edit, then change the sim name to what you're caling it. Then close the small window and a msg will come up "save changes" yes....... That has to fix the problem. Otherwise make a new sim and rename it. :? :) You need to use file editor to add your own cars. I'll send you an e-mail with easy to follow instructions today...... You'll have it fixed in no time.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I finally found what caused my problem. :) I was doing the testings for the sim i was making on my original 911 Turbo which has also some additional parts such as racing shocks, bigger intercooler, twin turbo,stiff sway bars+++.Well,for my project i had taken the original files from the CD so the car was absolutely normal.This means that the game was using the sim i made but i couldn't understand that because when i imported my project to the profile i was comparing it's driving with the one i had tuned from in-game...So i bought these parts and for this car and everything's just fine.. :lol: :D Thanks everyone!! :D :) :D

PS: Golf Ball please send the manual anyway.. It will be helpful for future problems :) :)
Golf Ball
Ricer
Ricer

Sim edit

Post by Golf Ball »

Dude I just logged on and saw your msg. I'm sorry I totally forgot :oops:
Things just got really hectic around here, I'll do it A.S.A.P!!!!!
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

No problem :D There's no need to rush..I solved my problem but as i said it would be helpful if sth comes up again.. :?

Return to “Editing”