nfs4->HP2 converting.

Discuss editing Need for Speed.

Post by Guest »

wen you click apply, does it immediately become transparent?
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

no.......you won't see it untill you're in the game.
Jayboi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jayboi »

viper_gts wrote:to make the windows transparent.......make sure the parts name has [t] after it and also select all the verticals of the windows in zmodeler then goto the top bar and select Plugins-OIF Custom settings, then in the vertex color box put the value 7F000000 and click apply. :wink:
Well, I did what you said and the windows are still a solid black. I dont know what i'm doing wrong. Anyway, here are some pictures of my current conversions (Note that I will NOT be releasing them to nfs websites)
Attachments
Acura NSX.jpg
(144.84 KiB) Downloaded 5522 times
Pagani Zonda.jpg
(159.76 KiB) Downloaded 5522 times
Nissan Skyline.jpg
(122.08 KiB) Downloaded 5522 times
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

there awesome jay :) (it's a real pity you won't be releasing them).

when you convert the oif back to O with the OIF tool, do you go down the parts list and make sure everything is being replaced with what it should be. if you can't get it figured out, send me one of the files if you want and i will hopefully be able to pinpoint the problem straight away :wink:

this is the problem i'm currently stuck with, notice the grey dots on the paint work........they flicker about ingame (it only happens with some cars i try to convert)........as soon as i figure this out, i can finish off the tutorial.
Attachments
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
(103.63 KiB) Downloaded 5504 times
Grungy Harry
Stock
Stock

Post by Grungy Harry »

Viper, just look at this, man, that's the only reason why I still haven't made anything for NFS HP2. WTF is that?! :(
Attachments
WTF.jpg
(37.9 KiB) Downloaded 5496 times
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

@harry, make sure you're skeleton.O file is not read only mate. right click on the Skeleton.O icon and goto proporties from the menu that appears.......make sure read only is NOT ticked and archive is ticked then click apply and ok.

hope this helps :wink:
Grungy Harry
Stock
Stock

Post by Grungy Harry »

I checked that, mate, but the skeleton.o is an archive. :( Moreover, that tool shows me runtime error very often... :cry: And the zoomer works just like... (i think you need :censored: smile here, huh?:) I must check ALL files to make sure they all are archives...
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

have you tried contacting arushan mate?
Grungy Harry
Stock
Stock

Post by Grungy Harry »

Ok, I'll try to mail him. But I'm starting to lose interest in NFS 6 editing already... As I know it's almost impossible to model damage there, i really don't like that. :? Moreover, I just got myself a good GTA converting tutorial lol
V12 Vanquish
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by V12 Vanquish »

hi there i have a prob with my back ligts i have set them all up in oedit so that they r in the right place. But when i try it in the game one side is in the correct place and the other side is where it would be in the original skeleton.o file. c pic if u dont uderstand,
V12
Attachments
lights.jpg
(14.26 KiB) Downloaded 5526 times
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

are you sure you've moved the correct bones to the correct places?

double check it and if you still can't get it, send me the car.viv and i'll see what i can do :wink:
V12 Vanquish
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by V12 Vanquish »

also viper in oedit even though i select all the light parts from the skeleton.o file i can only ever view one side left or right side lights. but when i close oedit it shows the other side is this normal?
toofastforyou
Stock
Stock

Post by toofastforyou »

hi viper_gts
i want one simply explanetion:
where is the OIF tool or OIF plug in? i've zmod 1.07 and i can't find it
should i download somethink?
pls help me
thanx :wink: :wink:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

toofastforyou wrote:hi viper_gts
i want one simply explanetion:
where is the OIF tool or OIF plug in? i've zmod 1.07 and i can't find it
should i download somethink?
pls help me
thanx :wink: :wink:
you can get both from Here
toofastforyou
Stock
Stock

Post by toofastforyou »

thanx viper-gts
Anathema
Stock
Stock

Post by Anathema »

Do it. And explain in this tutorial also how to make cars from scratch :?: :?: . And if you can do this in German I :D ......

Sorry, my English is not the best :lol: .....

Greeting from Germany
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

sorry, i haven't got time to right a tutorial about making scratch made cars.........besides, you can get the one i learned from Here :wink:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Why don't you see if there ia one in german at nd4spd.de ?
aightz
Stock
Stock

Post by aightz »

ok.. i've been working on converting for 4 1/2 hours now.. and i've come to the final stages. How do u have different colours?
and also, i have a problem with my car... everytime the car moves or rotates. this part of the car goes all glittery, how to fix this?
Attachments
Image1.jpg
wtf^^
(55.66 KiB) Downloaded 5249 times
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

the glittery part you pointed out is caused by polies on the other side for the interior being to close to the outer row of polies............you will have to carefully select the inner row and scale them in abit.

as for different colors.........is the car folder you will have the skin.VIV, packed inside is all the skin.fsh files............skin00, skin01, skin02 and so on..........each one is for a different color.

hope this helps.
computerguy
Stock
Stock

Post by computerguy »

I opened the newly converted BMP and I changed it to grayscale mode but I don't know how to apply color coding from white to black on the appropriate places. Also after I am finished with the above how do I change it to indexed mode what program should I use to do the above.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

using photoshop to change to indexed mode........activate you're document and on the top bar goto image/mode/indexed color.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

Question on a few of your tutorial instructions...

Post by Bob McD »

I have a some questions regarding your instructions given in your tutorial for NFS4>NFS6 conversions.

I followed your tutorial instructions but I have come accross a few problems. When I edited the textures for the Skin.viv, it made me put them in 256x256 pixels in order to repack into the index file instead of 512x512 that you instructed.

Also, I have gotten the car I am editing to work on NFS6. However, when it is on the track it shows up backwards and when you go to drive it, the wheels rotate over and under the car in a huge circle (they don't stay and rotate under the car where they are supposed to). Do you know what I did wrong? I thought maybe the wheel problem was because I have not edited the skeleton.O file yet. However, when I attempt that in Oedit, it says "File may be corrupt or does not conatin valid mesh data".

Lastly, when you mirror the car in Zmodeler, you mirror the whole car, correct?? And you mirror the top and side views?

Thank you very much for your time as I am clueless on some of this, :lol: :lol:
Bob McD
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

When I edited the textures for the Skin.viv, it made me put them in 256x256 pixels in order to repack into the index file instead of 512x512 that you instructed.
open up the index file for the skin in question in wordpad and where ever it says 256, change it too 512 and also double the value of the "BUFSZ" number.
Also, I have gotten the car I am editing to work on NFS6. However, when it is on the track it shows up backwards and when you go to drive it, the wheels rotate over and under the car in a huge circle (they don't stay and rotate under the car where they are supposed to). Do you know what I did wrong? I thought maybe the wheel problem was because I have not edited the skeleton.O file yet. However, when I attempt that in Oedit, it says "File may be corrupt or does not conatin valid mesh data
if you had followed the tutorial, then you shouldn't have these problems.........look over it again.

if the car is facing the wrong way in game then mirror it in zmodeler.
as for the wheels.......go back to the tutorial and do exactly as the "The Skeleton.O file" paragraph says.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

I was able to open and edit the Skeleton.O file when I looked at the instructions again. In Oedit, I selected all four wheels and 4 wheel bones, and the 4 wheel bones showed up but only the front Left actual wheel showed up. It actually looked like the front left brake when in Oedit.

I have attached some pictures of this situation. Note: I intend on using this car for my personal use only, am not going to upload it at all. Also, I noticed afterwards that the player was in the wrong location in the car, but I have just changed that, so it has been fixed.
Last edited by Bob McD on 12 Mar 2004, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Editing”