nfs4->HP2 converting.

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

if the wheels don't show up in oedit, then it's possible you have named them incorrectly................go back into zmodeler and check you have named them exactly how they should be
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

It's a beautiful TT. Too bad it's a roadster, but it's the best Audi mod I've seen, hope you sort the wheel issue and upload it man. Good work! :)
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Thanks for your help Viper. I got it figured out, there was a mistake in the names of the files. I am not sure why as I double-checked it in Oiftool before the conversion step. I am going to do it all over again though so i can be able to get it to sit on the pavement and not a little below and I also forgot the side mirrors on this mod as well.

UrQuattro,
Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, it is not my original car. However, if I am permitted by the person who did this car from scratch, I will then upload. I'll let you know if I am able to.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

car looks very professional, like Viper_GTS style. Will wait to hear more on it, hope you do get the permission. ;)
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

The original "author", if you will, is Martin Leps.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

Player Positioning problem

Post by Bob McD »

I had a question, but I have just deleted it b/c I solved it.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Hey Viper, I am having trouble with the part where you make windows transparent. Do you do it in Zmodeler?? And how do you select the parts that you want transparent??
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

after you've detached the windows and named them accordingly with "[t]" at the end (don't forget the "[t]" at the end, it's important)..............select all the verticles of the window and goto the top menu......choose
Plugins--->OIF Custom settings and set the vertex color to something like "9F000000".

it's in hex........so you will have to play about with the value to get the desired transparency and color.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

I got that, only, how do you detach the windows and light covers?

Also, why are the front wheels doing that in the screenshot I have attached??
Attachments
prob.jpg
(55.02 KiB) Downloaded 5954 times
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

i can't explain how to do the wheels any better than i already have in the tutorial...........if you've followed if precisely, you wouldn't have these problems.

to detach the windows.......change to faces mode in zmodeler and select all the windows faces and then on the menu too the right choose detach.

for further help related to zmodeler......please check out the zmodeler tutorial Here
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

I cannot find the detach button. :?: :?: But I have everything else figured out. Thanks for the Zmodeler tutorial link.
Tomar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tomar »

I have also no idea where the unweld tool in ZModeller is since i have no use for it. But how about sharing the solution for the wird front weels with us?
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

like i said before.............there the zmodeler tutorial available for help with zmodeler and as for the wheel............i described exactly how to do it in the tutorial.

i don't mind helping people who are willing to help themselfs, but i will not encourage laziness.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Seriously, I looked at your instructions and everything was done like you said to for the wheels. I have yet to find in the Zmodeler tutorial where the detach information is. I will have to keep looking. :D :D
Last edited by Bob McD on 15 Mar 2004, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Tomar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tomar »

Oops....

I thougnt by saying "But I have everything else figured out" you got the frontweelproblem fixed.

My idea of the couse is, the bones stick to close to axis center of the long side of the car, or the bones are even swaped to the wrong sind (e.g. Left bone is on the RightWeel and the other way around) since there is a bug in one O-edit version on save/load. Load and save and load again and look if the "Player"-Bone changes sides.

@Viper_gts I use Zmodeller only as an Import/exrport Tool. Selecting and Setting the Window parameters is basicly the only thing i need to know right now about Zmodeler.
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

I have officially looked through the whole tutorial for Zmodeler and it says nothing on where the detach button is. And, now Zmodeler won't give .oif as a choice for file exporting!!! Strange b/c it worked b/f and now today it doesn't even show in the drop-down menu!! I have even reinstalled, but it is still not showing. Very twisted....
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

this is exactly what i mean.............heres a pic from the zmod tutorial.

about the .oif, make sure you reinstalled the oifplugin aswell.
Attachments
detach.jpg
(233.69 KiB) Downloaded 6110 times
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Thanks!! :D I will give it a whirl.

Do you know where I can find the .oif plugin?? What is strange is that it worked perfect 2 days ago, and then it just disappeared......
computerguy
Stock
Stock

converting the textures

Post by computerguy »

I have opened the newly converted BMP and changed it to grayscale mode but I don't know how to apply color coding from black to white then when I open the BMP should I use put black over the white?
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Does ANYONE know where I can download an .oif plugin for Zmodeler 1.07 :?: :?: :?: :?:
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Re: re:

Post by viper_gts »

Bob McD wrote:Does ANYONE know where I can download an .oif plugin for Zmodeler 1.07 :?: :?: :?: :?:
you can download it from here:

http://oedit.nd4spdworld.com/site/index ... tool&ss=dl
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

Thank god!!! Now I think I am all set!!! :D :D
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

Window Editing

Post by Bob McD »

When you have set the vertex color to 9F000000, or whatever you want, do you switch back to objects level?? Or do you remain in vertices level. I have been having trouble lately with the windows. I set the vertex color to 9F000000 and then export the file, but then it doesn't show as transparent in the game.
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

are you naming them as the appropriate part?

like "window (front) [t]" for example?
Bob McD
Ricer
Ricer

re:

Post by Bob McD »

yes

Return to “Editing”