NFS5PU car editting

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
Suske
Stock
Stock

NFS5PU car editting

Post by Suske »

Hi there,

I need some help from a real NFS5PU car tuner!
I want to change the 996 911 turbo '00 into a cabrio.
How do I have to do? :?: ? :(
Don't say me to go to Erix' Porsches, I already did, but with no resultates... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks for help.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Are you sure that erix porsches didn't help??If you click the "parts" button it gives you an explanation on how to edit .tgp files...Take a careful look at it and if it won't help i'll try to give you a little help..
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I have tryed to do the same, but no luck so far.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

:oops: My mistake :oops: I thought i had made a 996 Turbo cabrio but i was wrong..It was a gt2.I'm not very sure how possible is the thing you want to do... :? No matter how i tried,i couldn't make a good one using the tpg file...I always had these 2 results : 1)The car had all the exterior parts of 996T but it was a coupe and a cabrio at the same time!!!I mean that it had simultaneously the roof of the coupe(couldn't get rid of it :x :x :mad: ) and the convertible top of the cabrio....
2)The car had the cabrio top, but only the front bumber and lights reminded of the 996T.The other body was from the Carerra(996)..
The only thing i can think of now is doing it in combination with the crp file..Meaning that you have to make the roof and the other parts needed transparent using the alpha channel and then add the cabrio top mechanism from the tpg file(which is easy)..But that needs work...If you 're not bored you could try it...
Z-Racing
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Z-Racing »

It's very possible to do, I have made the GT2 and the 996 Turbo into Cabrio's. For the big part of it you need to start with a new player created and buy a 996 Carrera Cabrio, that is the only car that you can have in this player then you pull all the files out of the game and put them where you out the cars that you edit, just copy and paste to a new folder, then just figure out which parts are the turbo parts and delete the rest out of the tgp file. You need a 996 Turbo and a Cabrio tgp, it's much easier to work the tgp if you have both opened and work with them side by side.

I can not explain this very well but if you look at Erix's site I believe that he explains it much better. Any more questions feel free to PM me. :twisted:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Nitro, your idea of making parts transparen wont look very good, since the reflection of the parts will still remain. (I've tryed it and it looked really bad.) Of course, you culd turn details down, so thet the reflection is omited, but that would be little anoying.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

It was just an idea..I hadn't tried it...
Another thought would be to do it only from the crp file..Take the Carerra cabrio crp file and copy all the parts of the 996T to the Carerra cabrio so that it looks like it.(don't know if it'll work but it's worth a shot.Maybe i'll try it someday but surely not now :P :P )
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Sorry, but I'll have to try first. I'll do it right away. :wink:
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

No, didn't work. I acn get a Turbo with Both hard top and convertible top.
But I have identifyed which are the geometryes which meke the conv roof. 24 mekes the interior of the roof tranparent, while 54 mekes the rear windshield transparent from the inside. Finally 37 is the convertible roof itself. The thing is the exterior of the roof is attached to the gemetry of the whole body, in geometry 1, type 1. Type 2 is the convertible body of the old 996, and some parts, like the bumpers and bonnet get missing if you change it. If you symply omit it, you have an old 996 coupe.
I'll try to edit the file under Zmod, which I don't think will wor, but anyway.
Below is the modifyed file ,so you can try to make some improvement

[style5]
name=Turbo
count=18
geometry1=1
type1=2
geometry2=3
type2=1
geometry3=4
type3=1
geometry4=5
type4=1
geometry5=6
type5=1
geometry6=11
type6=1
geometry7=12
type7=1
geometry8=15
type8=1
geometry9=16
type9=1
geometry10=17
type10=1
geometry11=19
type11=1
geometry12=22
type12=1
geometry13=24
type13=1
geometry14=31
type14=1
geometry15=37
type15=1
geometry16=42
type16=1
geometry17=54
type17=1
texture18=13
type18=1
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Koffy that's exactly the problem i had as i said in a previous post....Maybe doing it from the crp file will work.If you have time you can try it, or else i'll do it when i find some time..
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

No, didnt' work, cause there is no export plug-in for NFS5 with Z-mod. I've been looking arround, but I couldn't find one. I have the car modifyed in 3ds.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Since this didn't succeed, im going to maka a series of Cabrio and Targa GT2, called Red Fury - Superloaded. Just to do something.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Erix made a Turco Cabrio (look in his car section). It is just a normal old 996 cabrio with the Torbo hoods, truk bumpers, etc. It doues not look very good tough. (It has no wide fender, for example)
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

I have a few cars ready but i'm toooooooo laaaazyyy to make some minor changes for uploading... :lol:
@ Koffy: Can't wait to see pics of Red Fury... :P
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Well, I think you will have to wait a bit, since I don't have much time this week, and probably the next neither. But as soon as I get down to working with it, I will post some pics. The tpg and sim files ere already edited. I just have to tur my brain on and think of some texture.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

An early preview. Still much to do.
Attachments
gt2Targa.jpg
(23.84 KiB) Downloaded 4396 times
bigtwit
Stock
Stock

Post by bigtwit »

sorry but that looks like a bit of a waste of time the car looks crap
DenZer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DenZer »

I think the car looks cool. .. .
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

If you hace crap in you eye it's not my fault. Take it out and look again.
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Hehe... :D I see you have started it.... :D Looks very good... Really nice wheels mate and the wing is perfect... ok..A little suggestion...Maybe it would be better to make the stripes this way that they look like they are joined with the fire on the hood...(can't explain it better sorry.. :( )...Keep it up man.. :wink:
sgtskid
Ricer
Ricer

porsche motors

Post by sgtskid »

[b][i][color=black][/color][size=18][/size]I am wanting to learn how to put a 911 turbo motor into a 356 coupe/cabrio.....
can some one tell me how please. eric dont show how to do that....
Thank you Sgt. Skid :? [/i][/b]
sgtskid
Ricer
Ricer

another question

Post by sgtskid »

hey Koffy nice start hope it works out..... now on to bussiness.
How can I add a spoiler to a 356 and can some one teach me how to do this right ? I need a great teacher.. and will name my first car after them....
Hows the Koffy Can sound......lol
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

About the engine thing....If i get it right you want to make the 356 have the performance of the 911T....Simply find the .sim file (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed\GameData\Simulation\CarData) of the 356 and 911T (for example if you want the 911-model of 2000 the .sim file is "996Tcoupe36.sim") open it with simedit (look in the utils section ) and copy the values under the tab "power data" from the 911 .sim to the 356...(Also don't forget to change and the "maximum rpm" and "maximum speed" under the tab "global)..You can also change and any other value you want but remember that even if you change everything from the .sim file of the 356 you won't have a 911T with the 356 "costume"...Handling won't be the same and some more things....That's because the cars have different physics and use different AI family..
About the spoiler thing...Find the .crp file of the 356 car you want (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed\GameData\CarModel) and extract it with the CRP-FSH Editor .Now you will have 5 .fsh files.Extract them with FSH-Tool and you will have 5 folders with bmp files..Follow the steps described in erix porsches and you will make the spoiler you want... :wink:

PS: Sorry about my message..It's a little messed up and confusing but right now i couldn't express it better. :oops: Hope it helps..

Return to “Editing”