underground editing question

Discuss editing Need for Speed.
Slipt
Stock
Stock

underground editing question

Post by Slipt »

Has anyone done anything to edit NFS:U? This game does have its flaus, but i have an idea that I would like to bring to reality. The things im going to need to do are make some maps, probably 3, i can do that myself but i would need a program to do it with. I also need a way to load up those maps once in the game, but ONLY use cars that I set up personally, well at least the performance... still let the user change the visual if they want, not fully tho, leave out a lot of the upgrades or so. Then the last thing i need to do is make it so when you play the tracks ive made, the physics it uses is either that of stability control OFF or drift physics... maybe somewher between.

Is this possible, the only graphic stuff i need to do is maybe make the menu choice, and the tracks, everything else is coding i think.

suggestions and direction would be very nice.
Slipt
Stock
Stock

Post by Slipt »

Ive decide that drift physics wouldnt even work... so just force the user to use preset performance cars.

So yea, switch my question to is there any way to make maps for NFSU, or is anyone even trying?
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

I saw a post like this one before but Im not sure wether if it was here or not, but I think editing NFSU wouldnt be a good idea unless you plan on playing it offline only, since NFSU players online have to have everything the same, and if not, it could mess something up, and PS2 players cant edit anything so it would be a mess.
Slipt
Stock
Stock

Post by Slipt »

It does seem like a lost cause when you put it that way, but I have already considered that, and I figure eventually someone will figure out a way to fix the LAN options, or make it possible to connect to others without using the EA.com service(thus opening up mods). But yes, if multiplayer is never solved for nfsu, then this would be solely single player. Its a shame, because the graphics are so nice in underground, as is the ability to adjust the cars to different levels. Anyway, my question still stands, because I will make this even if it is for single player.

Return to “Editing”