UG2 Online Competition with Hamachi

Need for Speed Underground 2 competitions, challenges, best times and high scores!
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

UG2 Online Competition with Hamachi

Post by RedCarDriver »

Okay, since my idea for a ProStreet competition on PC fell flat, here's my next idea: a UG2 competition online, using LAN and the Hamachi tool. The server is at:
Name: "N F S U 2 - O n l i n e - S u p e r F u n" without the spaces or quotation marks
Password: "w 0 0 t n 3 s s" without the spaces or quotation marks
...and these are the rules that I'm thinking we'll use:
  • The competition will (hopefully) run from December 6 to January 10 but may be postponed if not enough interest is shown.
  • Game server will be public for the whole time but you must post that you are joining (or at least be aware of the rules) to compete.
  • All rooms are player-run and anyone can join; the competition is for how many wins you can achieve during the time period. This will use the honor system, so seriously, no cheating, it's no fun for anyone else if you do.
  • Wins are counted as three points, second place earns one point, third and fourth earn none. Hint: keep a running Notepad document or some other form of keeping track while playing - heck, draw tally-marks on a piece of paper.
  • Cars:
    - Any car except the Corolla and the SUVs are allowed, with the exception of the Corsa, 106, Civic, and RSX, because they are not available for all versions. FWD cars are allowed but considered lame, an exception would be the RSX but it's not allowed anyway.
    - It is encouraged, if not required, to have Stage 3 and Unique performance parts on all cars - 500HP is considered the minimum here.
    - Start a new career file with any car you would like, and use Djiel's unique performance tool, Haruyuki's part unlocker, and any other tools THAT AFFECT SAVEGAMES ONLY however you would like.
    - Tuning is your own responsibility, and you are ideally shooting for 500HP or more.
    - Recommended cars are the Supra, Skyline GT-R (BNR34), Skyline (CPV35), Evo 8, Impreza WRX STi (GDB-C), 3000GT, and 350Z, but any other cars except the ones listed at the top are allowed.
    - Using DL'ed savegames is lame, but you can do that if you want (within the existing car limits).
    - Please don't rice your car; heck, stock looks are preferred to total rice. This isn't a hard, enforcable rule but it's preferred if your car is styled like most clean JDM rides; lip-kits or tasteful bodykits work well.
  • Outruns and circuit races are recommended, but not required, and please pick tracks that encompass more than the starting area.
  • Post all point totals here or PM them to me (heck, email them to me if you need to), and I will announce first, second, and third place on January 11.
  • Using physics trainers will get you kicked. Again, savegame and unique-part-unlocking trainers are fine because the rules state that it is encouraged to use them, but nothing that affects the game's physics is allowed.
  • While playing, please use your forum name or, in the case of people not registered here (it's possible), the name you log in to Hamachi with - don't change your name a billion times for no reason.
Okay, anyone interested? I really don't want this one to die like the ProStreet one.
Last edited by RedCarDriver on 05 Dec 2008, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: UG2 Online Competition with Hamachi

Post by powerof1000 »

I am intertested, but i'll have to wait until I get a new power adaptor for my laptop because I can't play any games currently with this one i'm borrowing...
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

powerof1000 wrote:I am intertested, but i'll have to wait until I get a new power adaptor for my laptop because I can't play any games currently with this one i'm borrowing...
Sweet, it's nice to see some interest, unlike last time when no one replied.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

The new adaptor should be arriving today, so I can start playing tommorow or maybe even today (if anyone is online)
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

powerof1000 wrote:The new adaptor should be arriving today, so I can start playing tommorow or maybe even today (if anyone is online)
Cool, I guess I'll be online. I don't know what time zone you're in though so I'll probably just leave Hamachi on until when / if you get on.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

I wish i could play but i don't have a Hamachi key :(
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

- Rx7 - wrote:I wish i could play but i don't have a Hamachi key :(
You can download Hamachi and use a free, non-commercial license. That's what I'm doing.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

RedCarDriver wrote:
- Rx7 - wrote:I wish i could play but i don't have a Hamachi key :(
You can download Hamachi and use a free, non-commercial license. That's what I'm doing.
Oh ok.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Hey, Powerof1000, I figured out two more reasons why it wasn't working.

1. I don't have the right ports forwarded,
and
2. if you right-click on a user you can set them, under Alias VPN or something, to look like they're on your local network or something.

Also, @ everyone:

Tournament postponed to January 11 - February 8, due to apparent technical difficulties

Return to “Competitions”