FD Sprint Challenge

Need for Speed Carbon competitions, challenges, best times and high scores!
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

been working on those truns finally don't hit the wall. and soo far i put a little oversteer and half way mark in the rear bias....new time 1:52..37 :D finally went down a second
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice! Any improvement is a win. :wink:
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

been taking your tips and yes the closest time is 1:51.76
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I could have got Carbon today. I then realized I forgot my money. And have no gas to go back to get it :'(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Seriously offtopic, but consider downloading it via EA Link. At $US39.99, it's the cheapest option too.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

i just noticed a lot of sharp turns in course and i think it depends on the angle u go at it about 115-130 km/h. newest and closest time 1:51.06

Edit: also in the process of beating the shadow for that time

Edit 2: does going at an angle help on the sharp turn help lower the time?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Re edit 2: Every corner is different - this is pretty tough to answer specifically. Some turns will benefit from late, heavy braking and an almost U-turn approach, others will work best with lighter, earlier braking.

In general as far as angles go, you're initially aiming to run in a symmetrical arc through the turn, almost touching at the apex. This of course gives you the best balance between entry speed and all important exit speed. Remember, the race is won on the straights, but it's your exit speed from the turns that determines your speed down those straights.

Once you're able to cleanly pass the turn, you can experiment with braking earlier and later, and adjusting your line through the apex to suit. If you find a certain combination that works for that particular turn (ie, gives you a better exit speed), then you're doing good things.

As a general rule, wider, gentler turns benefit from an early braking approach, while tight turns are better treated with a late, heavy brake deep into the back of the turn, then reef on the wheel and accelerate out past the apex.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

My computer cant run anything much less Carbon
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Just when I thought I might have matched GT3's time, I find out I'm short by about 0.2 seconds. :P

Switching my turbo settings and making the suspension more balanced made a big difference. I was experiencing a bit too much understeer when I opened the throttle fully under my old suspension setting.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hehe, nice going. My setup was pretty balanced too.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Thanks GT. I think the tip you gave about EA mixing up "understeer" and "oversteer" really made a big difference. I tried to work off that tip once, but on a Viper. Didn't quite see that things were reversed. When I tried it on the FD though, the difference was quite obvious. I had some pretty heavy understeer going with my old set up, but I think it really helped me learn decent lines, but was getting pretty close to maxing out what I could do with all that understeer.

Anyhow, I kept going at it since your mark seems so close, though 0.2xx seconds is pretty significant. Took a while, finally beat it, got a 1'47"22x. But I knew I could push it further and I really wanted to wait til I had a bigger improvement before posting. Got a 1'47"06x, was so close to 46, yet so frustrating that my times weren't consistently coming down. In fact, I had a series of 48s and 49s, then I'd get a high 47 before hitting some more 48s.

Took a break and finally put together a couple semi-decent runs, though I still think the turn before the tunnel and the two that come right after still need a lot of work. But I did get that 46 I was after.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/lead ... /entry/912

1'46"565

Think I'm burned out on that course for a few days though. :P

Considering you got your mark pretty quickly, first day of the challenge, I'm sure my mark won't stay around long. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of time you come up with next. I can easily see people here hitting 1'44"xxx on this board legit.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Awesome! Congratulations on such a huge improvement!! I'll give it another try in the next couple days.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I got Carbon again today and will try once I get done with my Taco Bell

EDIT: DAMMIT!!! I cant beat 1:53

I wasnt familiar with my RX-7 as it had been changed.

Any tips?
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Seems I didnt get the SUCKER thing I wanted.

Anyone besides the people here try this?

Return to “Competitions”