NFSU1: Fastest Offline Circuit Times

Need for Speed Underground competitions, challenges, best times and high scores!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

It has been a long while since anyone posted here...

I don't play nfsu anymore,

but I know I practiced port royal a few times offline.

I know I got way under the 40 sec but never thought of posting it... tread was a bit forgotten.

maybe I can give it a try again... but....

BTW I will add the times to the list

now GT is gone till.........
Mistral
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Mistral »

And the sun shine again on Market Street! :twisted:

Pic's comment : I was trying a new TJ's set on my car. Tires, Turbo and Weight Reduc. It done in the same conditions as Jeff (not sure, the guy with the video on the first page). Wall surfing... Though, I can reach 1.02 on a lap without NOS and without surfing like a looser. (Btw, I haven't use NOS on my lap. I used it AFTER)
Attachments
market_rx7ung_freerun01.jpg
(50.78 KiB) Downloaded 7989 times
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

GT3x24x7 wrote:... a whole bunch of screamingly quick NFSU lap and sprint videos by my new hero, 'Skroting' are now available from the new 'Show Your Skills' section of the Unlimited Movie Productions site at http://movies.nfsunlimited.net

This guy is even faster than Jeff! You're sure to pick up at least a couple of tips you never thought of or tried before... :wink:

GT
8)
@All hotlappers: check out this 'Skroting' guy in Atlantica: 37.89 :shock: no nitro... I'm VERY CURIOUS: can u actually do this driving an automatic gearbox??? Cuz I saw this guy is in 2 gears only:
  • :arrow: he's always in 5th, top of 325 km/h at the pillars in the channel
  • :arrow: only when he enters the 1st corner w/ 320 km/h, he taps the brakes (where the red/white barrier starts) and shifts back to 4th resulting in an exit speed of 290 km/h!
  • :arrow: then he stays in 4 and only shifts up to 5th again somewhere on the straight at the exit of the sandy shortcut. Of course, he doesn't take it though, just goes over the asphalt next to the fence
As for the race line, I've got exactly the same, but never got it as fast as 38,57. But I guess I used nitro on it :s cuz normally I do a low 39.

I drive an automatic gearbox, cuz I never really tried manual, but if this is the difference I might give it a try. Of course, I've been practicing for a couple of days, but I still suk at it.

Anyone also went from auto to manual for this reason?????
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

First time I've seen this thread. As posted, Skroting, and IH8Skylines are some of the fastest drivers. There's also a few others that are very fast.

The issue though is that some PC machines are going to result in faster lap times with NFSU than others. The difference is that on some machines things that should slow down a car don't have as much effect on these NFSU "friendly" machines, this includes just cornering, landing from jumps, and wall scraping or banging.

Skrotings videos are fast, but with his older system he was faster still, but unable to make the videos as the older machine was too slow to allow a capture with fraps.

So it's difficult to tell how much of these lap times are driver skill and how much is due to advantages of one PC machine versus another. I'm hoping that this is fixed in NFSU2.

If you have a fast system, and play NFSU version 1.0 from your cd-rom, turn down graphics, vsync off, and the game goes into hypermode, a sample video of a sub 40 sec lap time at Market Street, not clean at all because it's next to impossible to control the car:

msfst.wmv

When EA patched the game to fix this, they overdid it and now faster systems are penalized a bit compared to slower systems.

Also on some medium speed systems, running fraps can help improve lap times. Not sure if there's much effect with faster systems.

I've started another thread about this if you want to read more about it. Nice to see that you guys enjoyed the videos though.

Regarding the setups, I've now just gone back to engine, ecu, turbo for most of the tracks. If you look at Skrotings replays, it explains which car and which setups he used. Some of this is also PC dependent though.

Lastly, my all cars file now include 8 different 3 TJ combinations for racing (installed on all 20 garage cars too):

nfsuac.zip
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

jeffr wrote:If you have a fast system, and play NFSU version 1.0 from your cd-rom, turn down graphics, vsync off, and the game goes into hypermode, a sample video of a sub 40 sec lap time at Market Street, not clean at all because it's next to impossible to control the car:

msfst.wmv
lol just browsing through old posts, and found this file. This movie of marketstreet NFSU1 is sick :lol: : 36,70 sec! Actually, talking about sick: play the movie full screen, don't take ur eyes of it and watch it 3 times in a row: guaranteed to make u feel light in the head :wink:
PSiTorque
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PSiTorque »

well here my NFSU atlantica results...

i beat the PLATZDA guys (kannix and fast)

were racing online here

Image[/img]
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi PSi!

Your time is good but can be greatly improved... I don't play NFSU1 since February this year, and at that time it was not rare to do 6m30-31s in a 10 Lap Race over Atlantica. I remember I could do a 38.1s without Nitro and I had a middle 36 as best time using Nitro, both times achieved offline. And I am a keyboarder... A few months later I talked again to some of my buddies (like BusterOne) and he told me that wheel Drivers were able to do 6m28s in a 10 Lap Race! ;)
I was using a RX-7 with following uniques: Engine, ECU & Weight.

Cya!
PSiTorque
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PSiTorque »

well tnx for the comment VG

well i dont play it often now too...

i have this screenshot saved in my photobucket and just post it here now...talkin about screenshots..

well i can do it also offline...well Atl is not my fav map though...im a keyboarder too

and i know busterone...hes a german...he was beaten by that Korean in the recent WCG

m i right? well tnx again have a nyc day..

anyway were r u from?

l8r!
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi again! :)

Yeah, that is BusterOne! ;) I don't talk with him for a long time now... From before the WCG. I knew him, when he went to my Clan Channel to invite me to be his 2on2 partner! :)

I am from Portugal! :D ;)

Cya!
burnout88
Stock
Stock

you guys r slow!

Post by burnout88 »

i can race OS forward in 37 secs and i will post picture to prove later on when im back from college

Return to “Competitions”