Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

The Future of Need For Speed
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Re: Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

Post by t3ice »

2furio wrote:I think it's time to REALLY return to its roots, like pre-Underground roots. We need Hot Pursuit 3, NOT Most Wanted 2. I want supercars with awesome scenery from all around the world with epic police chases. I don't even want free roam since the tracks just suck and there's nothing memorable about them but if EA concentrate on a few tracks (say 10 maybe) and work on every single turn and shortcut of the track (think High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 but better). We just need an EVOLUTION of the classic NFS, not a revolution.
Completely agree here. Ea needs to return back to its roots..

Tbh, i dont care about a huge city and free roaming. Bring back individual and innovative tracks like the the pre-undergrounds had. This will ensure some re playability, not like how in all these new nfs games all the tracks look the same because they have the same ambience ad setting.

Next, make it fun to thrash the Ai, and at the same time they can be hard too. I referring to high stakes which had great re playability because it was fun crashing Ai, making them flip, head-on into traffic, etc.. Unlike mw onwards, the Ai always felt heavier than you, and spining them or crashing them was hard/frustrating and thus booring.

Oky, Ea chosen the arcade handling option, then make it easier to handle the car and make the car lighter. I hate how in these new nfs, where there is an 'automatic brake' everytime you leave the accelerator, and how they tried to get in between both arcadic and simulation characteristics.

AND BRING BACK THE OLD NFS DEVELOPERS...THEY WERE THE TRUE NFS CREATORS AND GODS...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

TONTO89 wrote:I personally like free roam, but i also noticed there are alot of people who don't. so for that i think they should include a free roam mode but make it so the people who don't like it don't have to use it.
isn't it the way free roam's been ever since most wanted? you have the choice of going to any race without actually driving there... OR you have the choice of going there yourself by roaming
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

zedex wrote:
TONTO89 wrote:I personally like free roam, but i also noticed there are alot of people who don't. so for that i think they should include a free roam mode but make it so the people who don't like it don't have to use it.
isn't it the way free roam's been ever since most wanted? you have the choice of going to any race without actually driving there... OR you have the choice of going there yourself by roaming
Free roam began in Underground 2.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Andre_online wrote:
zedex wrote:
Free roam began in Underground 2.
i was actually driving to events on underground 2... and also needed to roam physically because you need to find the shops by following the VERY hard to follow road signs... and... i'm not sure you could select available races before beating caleb at least once... but ever since most wanted, i was just using the available race list to go to events...
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

If they do make underground 3 or something similar, they gotta bring back the dyno (just like UG2), I think that was the best way to tune the car, sliders, graphics, etc. Pro Street was alright but not enough.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Andre_online wrote:
2fast4all wrote:So why wont they EVER listen to us?!!
Let me see... no.
Ea did listen to us, we just don't know what we want.

Remember all those n00bs asking for MW2? There you go...
Plus, even if they did listen to us, it wouldn't matter, because by the time the two year cycle was up we would have changed our minds anyway.

Also, why don't they try something like a story-line one year and a full arcade the next, or even just one game they add on to every-year with like, a 3 year renewal cycle (aka all new game.)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, they gave us MW 2, but it's broken and inferior to its competitors. They just gave us a Most Wanted 2... not a MOST WANTED 2 FTW!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

No, they gave us an inferior version of Most Wanted. Undercover is more like MW 0.5
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

prince1142003 wrote:No, they gave us an inferior version of Most Wanted. Undercover is more like MW 0.5
Owned.

I don't mind it much, I actually kinda' like it, but MW still tops the charts of my current-gen NFS's.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

prince1142003 wrote:No, they gave us an inferior version of Most Wanted. Undercover is more like MW 0.5
That's exactly what I was saying. They gave us a meh version, not a woah! version. :|

And I think Underground 2 Pwned in terms of gameplay. MW was good too.
Countach
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Countach »

2furio wrote:I think it's time to REALLY return to its roots, like pre-Underground roots. We need Hot Pursuit 3, NOT Most Wanted 2. I want supercars with awesome scenery from all around the world with epic police chases. I don't even want free roam since the tracks just suck and there's nothing memorable about them but if EA concentrate on a few tracks (say 10 maybe) and work on every single turn and shortcut of the track (think High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 but better). We just need an EVOLUTION of the classic NFS, not a revolution.
I totally agree with you on everything, but no free roam. I mean come on, after 5 or 6 times around a circuit. it tends to get boring. I like the free roam, because it at least is plausible. Cops on a circuit. Please. That just makes me laugh.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Countach wrote:Cops on a circuit. Please. That just makes me laugh.
lol yeah... that's what i was thinking in HP2 and HS while doing in HS... since ALL cars pass by the SAME spot... why don't you just put a double/triple/quadruple road blocks just to stop them all?!? lol... in high stakes, some maps has 1 section with a really narrow 2 lane bridge section, when i was doing the chasing as a cop, i place a spike on 1 side, while blocking the other side sideways so they would either ram me and come to a stop, either hit the spikes and come to a stop, which was guaranteed to catch one of them =b

and if you KNEW where they were going... just GO AHEAD of them! lol

but in free roam you never know which way we'll go =b
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Countach wrote: I totally agree with you on everything, but no free roam. I mean come on, after 5 or 6 times around a circuit. it tends to get boring. I like the free roam, because it at least is plausible. Cops on a circuit. Please. That just makes me laugh.
I thought you were Sri Ibi. Why are you using his avatar and sig? :?

But on topic, the tracks in Most Wanted sucked just as much and that was free roam. Every track looks the same.
korge
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Countach wrote:but no free roam. I mean come on, after 5 or 6 times around a circuit. it tends to get boring. I like the free roam, because it at least is plausible. Cops on a circuit. Please. That just makes me laugh.
Have you played NFS HP, NFS HS, and NFS HP2 because that's exactly how it was. Cops on a circuit. NFS HS had some of the best racing circuits in a racing game in my opinion. I raced on them again and again without getting boring. There's just something about them since they're well-designed tracks.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Free roam isn't a bad thing, but they way it's build up is not right.

IMO all good racetracks are from non free roam games (pre Underground 2). The tracks started to suck in Underground 2.

IMO the best tracks can be found in High Stakes and Underground. both where games with tracks build as is, in Underground they build the "map" around the tracks, not all tracks in Underground where great, but it had some very nice ones, I can't find a track in High Stakes (Hot Pursuit) that I think was bad, the original tracks like Hometown and Rocky Pass where just superb IMO.

I think they should first build some great tracks and then build a city/landscape around it to connect the tracks, so you can basicly drive around the city and areas around the city to escape from the cops, and to have some useless fun.
The way EA build the Free roam games is the other way around they build a map with a downtown and a suburb etc. and get a waypoint system to make tracks once the map is done, which turned out..... horrible and boring.
I can't say there is one track in U2, MW, C that was good or even remembereble.

If EA gives me a game with current gen gfx, a great carlist and just the tracks from High Stakes (and maybe some new ones) I would buy it.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Interesting thoughts on free roam, Stig. I'd never thought of it that way.

By building the tracks first and then a city around them to connect them would allow both police chases and sanctioned (or unsanctioned) events. But it would still be pointless if you could just jump to a race using your mini-map. I think that was a bad idea in post Underground games; often times there's little incentive to actually explore the city.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

True, but to be honest, in U2 It annoyed the sh*t out of me that you HAD to drive to every event just to race, especially the races in the hills took a lot of time to get there... I personally liked the way it was in MW, you could drive around and get in the race but also go there directly from the garage.
I do think you should search for shops and races etc, and once found there should be a jump function. (like there was in TDU, which I liked, you had to explore the map but after that you could get instant action.)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Interesting point on the old tracks. I also did never get bored of the circuit races either. Free roam tracks sucked though.
TheStig wrote:It annoyed the sh*t out of me that you HAD to drive to every event just to race, especially the races in the hills took a lot of time to get there...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

A TDU-like system would be good. Races and shops would be locked until you had explored that part of the map, but once they're unlocked, you can jump to them at your leisure.

Why can't EA learn from its competitors?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

If you like driving games then why does driving to events bother so many people?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

- Rx7 - wrote:If you like driving games then why does driving to events bother so many people?
it takes a long time... that's why...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

- Rx7 - wrote:If you like driving games then why does driving to events bother so many people?
If it takes 20 minutes to drive to the store and 40 minutes to drive to work, most people dont want to drive for 6 minutes to play a game. :)
korge
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge wrote:
If it takes 20 minutes to drive to the store and 40 minutes to drive to work, most people dont want to drive for 6 minutes to play a game. :)
And there's a difference between driving and racing.
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

...and if driving to races in U2 annoyed you (like it did to me, but searching for the shops was rewarding), imagine now, that we have cops.

"Cool, I finally got around the cops. Now back to racing... No! Cops again!!"

...and over, over and over again. Having to escape the cops like 3 times before finally entering a race event wouldn't be that fun, would it? Not to mention that the cities are waaaay bigger now.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

it would be great if underground and most wanted were like... fused together to make an awesome game( including the damage)
Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “NFS 2022”