Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

The Future of Need For Speed
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yep, Prostreet at the full 30 FPS it's capped at, Undercover at like 28. Underground 2 at 80.
Wezo
Stock
Stock

Post by Wezo »

Underground 3 = biggest fail possible.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

And you know this...
...how?
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

U3 would be kinda risky, but I wouldn't say it would be the biggest fail possible. But hey, this guy seems to be a Hot Pursuit fan or something so it's obvious he hates the idea.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:U3 would be kinda risky, but I wouldn't say it would be the biggest fail possible. But hey, this guy seems to be a Hot Pursuit fanbrat or something so it's obvious he hates the idea.
Fix'd it for ya.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

I was going to say fanboy but I scrapped it... lol.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Not all HP fans are like that, though.
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Not all HP fans are like that, though.
Like me!
I'd opt for a merging thing. BOTH a city AND landscapes (like in NFSC u jumped to the canyons you could jump to a German Autobahn, Mediterranean or an American desert huh?), plus more subtle bodykits for exotic cars - like body1 w MW and C, sometimes Body3 - but they should be actually based on real ones. And they should make for example races with exotics only - meaning looking like old NFS. So that all the fans are happy, no heavy ricing, old roots, new roots AND new ideas.

As to an UG3 -

UG2 was not an Underground 2, it was RiceMe 1. If they made a proper U2 - meaning this amazing gameplay, storyline and thrill of playing - hell yeah, I loved U1. BUT changing lights designs was cool to SOME extent. I think if this mods seldom appeared on opponent cars it'd be cool.
No blingmobiles please.

Here's my 2 pence (or "3 grosze" from the polish currency :P)
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Ricing was pretty much the only thing wrong with U2. If they removed that, it'd be perfect.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Same thing with UG1, only in UG1, it wasn't as "out there".
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

IMO U1 was a nice twist, it had a storyline which at that time was original, and it was fun to play, tracks where good, and the gameplay was nice, and very important online was simple to use and a lot of fun.

U2 was pretty boring in terms of gameplay and racing if you ask me, it was all about the visual stuff (ricing) and free roam.

A game like U1 with more cars would be nice IMO, but a other U2... I'll skip that.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I've said this before, but I disagree with you on that. I think UG2's physics are the best of any NFS game's to date - they simulate torque-oversteer properly, you can actually drift in circuit mode, and the performance tuning is great.

And, although the ricing gets annoying, the right combinations of bumpers can be used in a way which makes it look un-ricey (for example, on the RX7, the Crank front bumper, Snyper rear bumper, and some side-skirt set which I can't remember right now, look like the RE Amemiya kit). You can't turn it off for AI cars though, so that still annoys me.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

All I can remember is that the AE86 and the Hyundai Tiburon were a joy to drive. :)
12th Cylinder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 12th Cylinder »

NO DEFINATELY NOT UNDERGORUND 3!!! The NFS Story ran out of sync after Carbon, they should make NFS MOST WANTED 2!!!!!!!!11
That's it. I've grown tired of being ignored. I am officially leaving NFSUnlimited.net.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

RedCarDriver wrote:I've said this before, but I disagree with you on that. I think UG2's physics are the best of any NFS game's to date - they simulate torque-oversteer properly, you can actually drift in circuit mode, and the performance tuning is great.

And, although the ricing gets annoying, the right combinations of bumpers can be used in a way which makes it look un-ricey (for example, on the RX7, the Crank front bumper, Snyper rear bumper, and some side-skirt set which I can't remember right now, look like the RE Amemiya kit). You can't turn it off for AI cars though, so that still annoys me.
I can't really say I do give a rats behind about driving physics in a arcade game, if I want to be driving realisticly I'll play Forza 2, If I want to drive like a Idiot and do stuff I am not allowed to do, I don't really care if a car torque steers realisticly or not, which btw I don't recall U2 really had but that's besides the point.
And if the physics are so realistic then why is a FWD coupe one of the (if not the) fastest car in the game? (Celica)

The AE86 was way to easy for Street X, you could dominate everything with it....
The Tiburon was pretty nice, had a great engine sound as stock.
12th Cylinder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 12th Cylinder »

TheStig wrote:The AE86 was way to easy for Street X, you could dominate everything with it....
Not only that. It may not look, but the AE86 is one of the best vcars in the game. (The R34 will be always the best of all.)
That's it. I've grown tired of being ignored. I am officially leaving NFSUnlimited.net.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

In my opinion I loved both NFSUG 1 and 2 but then again I also loved MW and C. I guess that would be my favourite game though- Customization but more complex from NFSUG2, Cops and Freeroam from MW and C, a new graphics engine (the MW engine has been in use since like 2005), A good variety of Muscle, Tuner and Exotic cars ( my personal fav. is Tuners, so maybe instead of in the latter stages of the game they could not make exotics dominant by giving Exotics better stock stats but also having the ability to reach those stats with tuners by giving them more performance upgrades than exotics) and a bit of innovation wouldn't be out of place either.
coolcars
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by coolcars »

here is what i think what the next ug3 should be like:
-customization is # 1 for me so the options include:
. real life looking bodykits *(juiced style bodykits and some of the good looking bk that were in u2)
. customization that REAL people do these days ( speakers/sound systems, changing interiors, changing/adding meters, doors) but the splitting hoods, spinners and all the goofy looking bodykits in u2 should be OUT
. the customization level sould be a level higher that of MCLA
.free roam should be an option
. not just one place (maybe in the storyline u fly to another country to race an important figure in the story)
. performance should be detailed (when u change a small aspect it sould be heard and felt)
. story should be a good one (gangsters and all that is just too much now racing is a lifestyle so the ppl in the story should love racing not other illegal stuff)
. cars are good nowadays in the nfs series but more variations and newer cars would be nice
. vynil system should be easy like forza 2 style
thas what i have so far :)
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

I would personally like an Underground 3. Actually NFSU is the only NFS i keep playing and have never deleted it from pc. U2 had a better carlist and...Actually U2 had improvements that were sure to happen, things like better graphics, carlist etc. I like the rims selection. But I hate Street X, a lot of parts(spinners,ICE,the way doors and hood opens) and SUVs. I think that EA confused tuning with ricing at some point. Also U2 gameplay was boring. U1 was a lot of fun, it was more for the racing than tuning.
So if U3 is a reapproach to U1 i would enjoy it. Also, I would really like cops in U, and I am sure some muscles and some Euro tuners would be a nice addition.

Speakers and interior tuning are meaningless, maybe some buckets and steering wheel customization, if there is interior view.
scotth123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scotth123 »

Underground 3 would be awesome! Especially now the autosculpt has been develooped and ther is a new paint and vinyls system, i definately think underground 3 is the way to go. Although Underground2 got a little ricer with the 106 and the corsa etc. so what, its was still a decent game, i think ther should be a free roam but like the undercover free roam so you don't have to visit different shops to buy different types of parts like in UG2. Fingers crossed for a remake of the underground series because as the tuner scene just keeps on growing i think its time need for speed went back to underground.
Alienware
Stock
Stock

Post by Alienware »

I attended to your call:)

Yes ... Underground 3 would be great, but I do not think so.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I think there needs to be an evolution of the genre. It's easy to box the games in their respective classes, but I think it would be far better to have a game that encompasses the differences between the mentalities.

For instance high speed illegal racing across europe (HP, HS and HP2) was a core of the game and I don't think it should be dropped. However the tight and twisty street racing of U, U2 and Carbon is also a real laugh. In an open world setup it would be easy to encompass both forms without dropping either. To progress the storyline it would be quite easy to have a dual or even triple branching setup (to include track racers) with joinders for specific events giving a much broader replay value and a tri-linear approach to the storyline (different stories depending on the route you take). Also this allows for the respective cars to shine in their environments. A 911 GT2 is unlikely to be seen at a city street race or drift event, but on the high speed mountain runs of Europe or Track Racing. Conversely a Honda Civic modded to the max is more likely to be in the street scene or race scene than on the European mountain runs...

I will echo the calls for realistic bodykits. Some street kits are needed for the cars that suit them and race kits too. There is a big difference in the two as the street kits often don't benefit the cars performance much, where the race ones do. It also allows people to mod the cars if they wish without forcing them to do so. Same with Vinyls/Decals and Paint, again optional not a necessity.

The main premise of the game should be the cars and the storyline with an open world available after completion. Once the story is complete the game becomes a sandbox for you to play out the other styles (without story) of racing or just cruise about. But hey I don't think EA are going to go that direction any time soon...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

it's easy enough to say that but you can't be a "jack of all trades" - most instances a game that tries to do everything ends up removing polish and quality. EA really have to choose a direction (though they've tecchnically started that by looking at new directions I'm sure they'll go with the most popular concept for the next game)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Games can be large and incorporate much in design, but if we know anything about EA, is that they are STRICT on deadlines and with those deadlines becoming annual, there is no way they can make a large game that does anything right.

If their games did 1 thing right, then I would agree with you, but the fact that they focus all their attention on 1 single feature and still cant ship a selling title is worrisome at best.
korge
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

yeah that's an imporrtant point as well EA needs to learn that they can't rely on one intuitive new feature to sell games

Return to “NFS 2022”