Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

The Future of Need For Speed
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

Post by korge »

Hmm... (extremely) Plausible.

And would make sense to revive their best series since they just made a sequel to MW. Im guessing UG3 is up next to revive the series but who knows. What do you think?

I say after Carbon, Prostreet, and this Undercover, I think its long overdue and since the NFS franchise has been beat to death, whats EA to lose.
korge
kimd41
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Post Undercover - NFS Underground 3?

Post by kimd41 »

I think they should make Underground 3 too. But I'm sure they'll screw it somehow.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Its time to return to the tuner scene. Will it be another fail uhhh maybe/maybe not.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I think it's time to REALLY return to its roots, like pre-Underground roots. We need Hot Pursuit 3, NOT Most Wanted 2. I want supercars with awesome scenery from all around the world with epic police chases. I don't even want free roam since the tracks just suck and there's nothing memorable about them but if EA concentrate on a few tracks (say 10 maybe) and work on every single turn and shortcut of the track (think High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2 but better). We just need an EVOLUTION of the classic NFS, not a revolution.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I could digg an underground 3
I'd need a better balance of street and track racing tho. give it a cooler story line too.
and where it makes sense not to add exotics in an underground version, at least have a good list of euro tuners like Audi's and BMW's.
AND DEAR GOD NO SPINNERS!!!
I could deffinitly see myself buying an underground 3 if they at least come close to those expectations
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

TONTO89 wrote:I could digg an underground 3
I'd need a better balance of street and track racing tho. give it a cooler story line too.
and where it makes sense not to add exotics in an underground version, at least have a good list of euro tuners like Audi's and BMW's.
AND DEAR GOD NO SPINNERS!!!
I could deffinitly see myself buying an underground 3 if they at least come close to those expectations
LOL spinners are dead now, not even the cool escalades these days dont have them, just 24s.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

2fast4all wrote:
LOL spinners are dead now, not even the cool escalades these days dont have them, just 24s.
lol you never know, the way EA recycles stuff in the NFS series, they could show up. I mean as horrible as it sounds, imagine spinners with the autosculpt capabilities. it would a posers field-day
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

TONTO89 wrote:
2fast4all wrote:
lol you never know, the way EA recycles stuff in the NFS series, they could show up. I mean as horrible as it sounds, imagine spinners with the autosculpt capabilities. it would a posers field-day
oh god, that would be horrible :? , I hope who ever gives Ideas (better not be dumb people) does not include spinners, lambo doors, neons (there old now) stupid looking spoilers, half cut hoods, odd looking roof scoops or none at all, aftermarket taillights and headlights. Most little kids who play nfs think all that crap is awesome and cool but guys like me and real tuners know its RICE.
TheMostWanted1
Stock
Stock

Post by TheMostWanted1 »

I agree, but isn't NFS Underground Rivals UG3?
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I'm gonna have to agree with Prince on this one. I'm sort of getting tired of the tuning scene (not in general, but video game wise). We need an Hot Pursuit 3.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

krazyammo wrote:I'm gonna have to agree with Prince on this one. I'm sort of getting tired of the tuning scene (not in general, but video game wise). We need an Hot Pursuit 3.
Eh? I wasn't aware I posted in this topic.... I guess I should.

To be honest, I personally can live without the visual tuning. The NFS games I liked best had very little visual tuning (Most Wanted would be on one extreme end of that spectrum). What I would prefer in an NFS game is more focus on the cars and the gameplay than the visual tuning. Now I'm in no way suggesting that there be no tuners, I like my Mazda RX7 and Toyota Supra, but the presence of those cars does not necessarily imply that they have to be tuned visually. The first Need for Speeds focused on letting us drive cars and tune their performance to some degree, not putting body kits and a plethora of vinyls on cars (and sometimes ricing them). I would love if an NFS game went back to those roots.

Having not played HP2, I can't say that I want a HP2. However, a true MW2 would satisfy me. Toned down visual tuning, but still present. Good gameplay and replayability value. Maybe improvements to the AI engine, more cars, more aggressive and varied police, larger world but one that doesn't feel as empty, and total freedom during races. Addition of a selectably arcade vs. pseudo-simulation handling would be a nice addition.

How much of that do I expect from EA? None. Not with their rushed development cycles. Look at games like Diablo and WOW, and even some of the other games in the racing genre. Their development cycles are much longer and result in games that feel more complete and finished, and are actually worth playing.

Just my two cents.
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

OK...But just in case there are some people who do want customization tuning, maybe put a separate mode? And I agree they should focus more on the cars and gameplay, same with just letting us drive the cars and tune to their performance in someway. I would also agree with you for a true MW2. EA most likely to listen to us the fan? That's not gonna happen for a long time.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I made this point on the official EA forums, so I'm basically restating what I said there, here.

Honestly, I don't care too much about what the game is about as long as the quality is okay. And, as many of us (not all of us, because saying "all" is tricky) feel, the quality of the past games has been slipping. I'd rather have the next game be very well-made but not at all what I'd want in a game than everything I want specifically but with the overall quality very poor (like a wish-granting from Corrupted Wish Game :lol: :( ).

As far as the actual theme goes, UG3 would be fine as long as they got rid of spinners, hydraulics, split-hoods, etc., and totally ricey body kits (or, somewhat like what UG2 was like, made them not too obtrusive). A less ridiculous version, with real (and actually decent-looking) bodykits, better cars (no SUVs and fewer FWD cars), better performance tuning, and good physics (the physics of UG2 were pretty good but could be tweaked ever-so-slightly to make them better), would be awesome, but, as many of us (again, I'm not saying "all") feel, EA won't do this because they always have to have a gimmick behind the game - usually a useless or worse-than-useless one, as far as I'm concerned (e.g. SUVs in UG2, which were useless, and racedays in PS, which detracted from the quality of the game and the ease of starting races).
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I could live without tuning and free roam for a year or so, after all, we have all these new ones that basically have the same things in them, and isn't the REAL arcade games what we all (minus n00bs) got hooked on years back?

So, I'll pitch in for a HP3. :P
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Underground 3, god damn i hope so!

Sorry but i cannot live without free roam + in depth customization, its what brought me to NFS anyway, if there is none of this, the showroom dies, the website dies eventually.

But i think the main problem is just EA. Someone else should make it :S
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I don't see why they can't take their time and bring out a game that's not compromised in every single way. Crytek, Bethesda, Polyphony and the like crank out much more complex and ambitious games and all, and GRID is superb too! Tons of modes, difficulty, good AI. I don't see why NFS devs can't take something simple that they've done before and just enhance it and get it right while other devs tackle more complex tasks and pull them off much better.
Jem7V
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jem7V »

this would be cool .. :)

here's what i hope they would do //

if they are to add bodykits , make it like those found in the cars in GRID. real racing functional bodykits. and NOT spaceship looking bodykits. they also have to creat new ones. scrap the old models. new graphic engines require new ideas dont you think ?

good car physics. including damage and car handling.

sort of a mix of GRID and Gran TURiSMO's good car physics, handling and graphics,

and then NFS customization. but not RICEY customization ( hell im happy with good looking rims and the ability to change paint and lower my car's suspension.

then add a bit of OLD NFS good scenery :)

wat do u guys think ? :)
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'd like to see Eddie, Melissa and Samantha return to the series. They were such worthy opponents. :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The thing is EA try to release one NFS game every year since Underground [maybe even Hot Pursuit 2]... if they gave an NFS game a longer development cycle, they could make something better.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

So why wont they EVER listen to us?!!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I believe Most Wanted was the last game to have spent more than one year in development. I think EA started developing MW soon after UG1 was finished, with UG2 being an interim game marking the first of the one-game-a-year series.

And look at how that turned out. There hasn't been a NFS since that has had the appeal of Most Wanted (although I personally liked ProStreet a lot). Seriously, EA is on a downhill slope with this one-game-a-year thing.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

2fast4all wrote:So why wont they EVER listen to us?!!
Let me see... no.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Andre_online wrote:
2fast4all wrote:So why wont they EVER listen to us?!!
Let me see... no.
Hah, wrong way to answer him.

I think I'd like to think EA would publish HP3 or UG3 next, but a part of me says that the developers will just hash out another NFS title in 2009. New name and with new hodgepodge of ideas with no real core idea on gameplay. :?
korge
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

really i don't care what the next years plot/theme next years game is gonna be, it has just gotta have

-great driving engine (cars feel good to drive)
-good carlist
-good jumps to fly your car off of
-decent graphics

^and thats a perfect nfs game. if ea will actually do that, then people cannot complain, it will be like the the old days when nfs was actually the best racing game out there.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I think if they did come out with an underground 3 they would need to work on the customization a lot more. I mean I know some people want to go back to the roots, but for me I need personalization, I like to make my car my own. IMO perfect customization would be all the options from pro-street with better more current body kits. I wanna see stuff that looks like what hamann and rieger and Lorinser does with their cars. I mean obviously not the same thing but at least something that looks good like that. and also I think it would be cool to modify fender width lol coz I like my Audi's wiiiiiide. I personally like free roam, but i also noticed there are alot of people who don't. so for that i think they should include a free roam mode but make it so the people who don't like it don't have to use it. visual mods should not have any effect on game progression other than just looking cool.
and i think I'm agreeing with everyone when i say they deffinitly need to take their time on the next one (or since I've heard rumors of one coming out next year, they should take their time one the one after the next one.)
thats what I think

Return to “NFS 2022”