Nfs Hot Pursuit 3 2009 or 2010!?

The Future of Need For Speed
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Nfs Hot Pursuit 3 2009 or 2010!?

Post by Andre_online »

Bojan wrote:Heh, anybody remember the uproar in this forums when it was announced that ProStreet was closed circuit racing?
Not saying that NFS games should have free roam, but it seems it's popular these days.
I wouldn't disagree. I love PGR the first time I tried it. I wouldn't mind trading Undercover for it had I bought it. :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Bojan wrote:ProStreet actually didn't sell bad: 5.85mil compared to 3.62 of Carbon and 7.09 of NFSMW.
MW is the NFS milestone. Only reason why they made Undercover and "went back to its roots (read: money)"
korge
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

korge wrote:That and free roam.

Expect car modding and free roam games in NFS for the rest of your life.

How fun does that sound!?
As long as the gameplay isn't crippled, there's no problem with it.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

^ Yup!! Couldn't agree more. Image
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

korge wrote:Agreed. On top of the poor sales, that sounds like the nail in the coffin as to why you will never see closed circuit tracks in NFS ever again.
I wouldn't mind having closed circuit tracks if it was in combination with free roam like in UG2
I rather like both modes but I like free roam a little better coz its nice to just drive around non competitively sometimes
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

IMO nfs most wanted is HP3 and Undercover is HP4, name it whatever...

So it doesnt make sense to get another cop game. Maybe in 2011 --- NFS XV (15), you know a cop game each three ones... :D
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Wezo
Stock
Stock

Post by Wezo »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back to oldschool days.

They have ruined the series for MONEY concentrating on ricing up ever car they can see.

What I would like to see...
- Exotics and only Exotics, no tuners whatsoever, no suv, none of that crap. Would like to see Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsche, Maserati, etc. Please no "great brands" such as Nissan, Toyota, etc.

- Only customization would be custom paint, or justa large amount of beautiful colors that look good on every car. These colors would preferably be the real colors you could get if you purchased the car in real life. Id be worried for the custom paint as people would start painting cars pink to be "unique".

- beautiful tracks and only beautiful tracks. I dont want to be in some Ghetto city. Im talking North America and Europe tracks. ex. Through mountains in Wyoming and Colorado, Along the coast of Italy, through Germany, etc. Im sick and tired in cities that look like Compton and Brooklyn etc.

- High tempo Techno and Electronic music. No cRap music with "Ghetto Dawg Joe"

I mean forgod sake EA has been pumping out crap games for about 5 years with each one being worked on for only several months before the next. Take your time, even work on it for a couple years, get the game good before you pump it out like the past 5 novembers.

Also EA you dont have to be worried you will loose your major crowd of 15 and under "Tuner" or "Ricer" crowd. Why? Because youll win ALOT of real NFS fans back who simply want to race beautiful EXOTIC cars, without having to look over to your left at the start of the race and seeing a Corolla. Change is good, bring it back to OldSchool true racing for once.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

And the Winner of the "Most One-Sided Post Award" goes to... WEZO!

If anyone wanted to know the reason why I opposed exotics 2 months ago, this would be it. Why are you trying to cripple the major fanbase of the tuner scene; trying to make it an all-exotic game (even though if they do try it, if the gameplay is decent, I'll live) instead of even being lucky that there are any exotics after the Underground series? And by real NFS fans, you're saying those who think all the classics are good and all new ones suck, right? Yeah, that's totally fair and balanced. :roll:

And what's wrong with ghetto cities? Are they not good enough for NFS?
Nothing to say anymore, that statement makes fun of itself...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Wezo wrote:
What I would like to see...
- Exotics and only Exotics, no tuners whatsoever, no suv, none of that crap. Would like to see Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsche, Maserati, etc. Please no "great brands" such as Nissan, Toyota, etc.

- Only customization would be custom paint, or justa large amount of beautiful colors that look good on every car. These colors would preferably be the real colors you could get if you purchased the car in real life. Id be worried for the custom paint as people would start painting cars pink to be "unique".

1. As much as I like exotics, I'm going to disagree on this statement. First of all, I'm sick of people constantly demanding Ferrari cars. They're awesome but think about it, Underground gained some controversy from automakers who were worried that depicting their vehicles in illegal acts [street racing] could spoil their image. Don't you think that's the reason there are no Ferraris? The car selection is great the way it is.

2. ...Why do I even bother answering this?

3. I'd like to see more metalcore/melodic hardcore like Bullet for My Valentine, Mastodon, Rise Against, Lamb of God [ more like death metal but still], etc... it makes a nice soundtrack for a street racing game, IMO.

I do agree with you on the beautiful and detailed tracks though it wouldn't hurt to race in an open world environment like in Most Wanted but more detailed and include more accessible areas [such as a gas station where you can refill, that would be nice].
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

@Wezo: Go get PGR3 then..
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Wezo wrote: Also EA you dont have to be worried you will loose your major crowd of 15 and under "Tuner" or "Ricer" crowd. Why? Because youll win ALOT of real NFS fans back who simply want to race beautiful EXOTIC cars, without having to look over to your left at the start of the race and seeing a Corolla. Change is good, bring it back to OldSchool true racing for once.
Oh, and let's get one thing straight here. There are people who actually like the sort of thing you hate and are well over 15 (one of my cousins is a prime example). Or another example: I, myself, am 16 1/2 years old and am a big fan of the classic (even though I only played HP1 and Porsche) and new NFS games (my only despised NFS is Carbon, still). And I jumped in the NFS fandom because of *surprise surprise* teh tuner racing scene of course!

Or maybe I'm being a New Age Fanboi again. I guess it doesn't matter...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Neutral would do, Kammy. Neutral. Just be it, and you'll be fine. :P
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Likewise. :)
UberSil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UberSil »

It'd be really nice to see a game where slower tuners are tossed out but if you think about it most of the cars that have been brought as desired in this thread can easily be custom painted and have colourful artwork put on them. So doesn't that kind of put a quash on factory floor colours only?

And there are many exotics that could be introduced that are capable of competing against rear wheel drive 'tuner' cars.
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:And the Winner of the "Most One-Sided Post Award" goes to... WEZO!
:D

He has some valid points and I can agree with him. HOWEVER:
They won't do it. The only way is combining. First thing is to sort out the ricing of beautiful cars and 350Zs competing with Carrera GTs - VERY easy to do this - how? ONLY introduce EXISTING parts. So there are spoilers and bodykits for Carrera GT (Gemballa, TechArt) - but ONLY use the existing ones, they never rice - Novitec Rosso (Ferrari tuner) also has lots of taste. We've got ricing sorted, now the classes:
NO exotic/muscle/tuner divisions - because they are just rubbish. Divisions in races should look like this: "Cars up to 200HP/Tonne" or "Cars with 0-60 up to 6.5s", "Cars up to 2000kg", "Cars with displacement from 2.0-3.5", "V8s only".
Classes: Superminis (Mini Cooper S, Alfa MiTo, Fiat 500 [Abarth also], Ford Fiesta ST) Compact Cars (golf gti/r32, bmw 1s, focus st/rs meganes), Middle Class Cars (Audi A4/S4/RS4, BMW 3/M3 Saloon, Mercedes C/C63, Mondeo 2.5T, Passat R36/CC), Full-size Cars (Mercedes CLS/E, Audi A6/S6/RS6, BMW 5/M5, Jaguar XF/XFR), Coupes/Convertibles (Jaguar XK/conv, Mustang GT/conv, Aston V8 Vantage/roadster, BMW M3/cabrio, Carrera S/Cabriolet, Audi A5/S5/RS5/Cabriolet), light sports cars (370Z, Cayman, Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS-Roadster, Audi R4, Boxster, Honda S2000, Pontiac Solstice), smaller supercars (Porsche 911 Turbo/GT2, Lambo Gallardo/LP540-4, Ferrari F430/Scuderia, Aston DB9/V12 Vantage, Nissan GT-R/V-Spec, SL65/SL600, CLK65/CLK DTM AMG, C6/Z06/ZR-1, Viper SRT-10), GT (599GTB, Murcielago, DBS) Big GTs/supersaloons (Panamera, M6, BMW CS, Audi A7, Mercedes CL, Aston Rapide, Lambo Estoque) supercars (Veyron, Enzo, Carrera GT, SLR)

This all (cars mentioned are just examples) plus older cars (in place of a 997 there would be a 964 if it raced a C4 Corvette and a Ferrari 348 and Lambo Countach 25th or 993 if it raced C5 and 355 AND Lambo Cala)
-this would make a STUNNING carlist satisfing EVRY1!

Then, the enviroment. For variety should be different smaller freeroams with different storylines, cars, characters - placed in fictional places in Greece & Italy (Mediterranean), South America (Rainforests), some USA locations (some nice stuff u got lots of this), Germany (a nice net of autobahns), Poland (your suspension ripped off and watch out for the roads :P), Britain.

Each would have: different stories, genuine languages spoken genuine police and police cars.

Then, stupid pursuit system replaced by a more believable one closer to actual pursuits - u should be FRIGHTENED of the cops (but not by destroyin 30 corvettes a minute) when you'd see the police Gallardo in Italy or a Camaro in USA or TechArt 911 in Germany.

How's that?
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

What's so bad about ricing it up? There's no big deal about it. If somebody wants to rice up a Gallardo or 350Z, who's stopping them?

Though I'd love if it had a world travel feature and different police units in different countries. Police Gallardos in Italy would rule.
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

That's right - who's stopping them?
There's nothing wrong with ricing as long as player is the only one doing it - when I drive a stock-looking Gallardo, compared to other riced supercars i seem naked and psychologically incomfortable to myself o_O - think if you had a megariced car - the opponents should do too.
If you're keepin it stock they'd just change what u did (wheels or colours)

Return to “NFS 2022”