Nfs Hot Pursuit 3 2009 or 2010!?

The Future of Need For Speed
nfs-hot3
Stock
Stock

Nfs Hot Pursuit 3 2009 or 2010!?

Post by nfs-hot3 »

Hey! I rely want a New Nfs hot Pursuit game!

This is a Real Hot Pursuit game:

1. No Styling /tuning
2. diffirent places ex freeway, coruntry, and more (not in same city)
3. the focus on Supercars
4. you Can drive the police cars, and arrest racers!
5. good music

and more

what do you think?

http://www.nfs-hot.3w.se

Nfs-hot3 group
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Nfs Hot Pursuit 3 2009 or 2010!?

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Yes, that would be awesome but after the release of Undercover, I don't know if EA will try to ignite the series back into full action or keep on going like that...

But no styling or tuning? That would suck completely.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

There wouldn't be a showroom here for that game. :(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok nfs-hot3, that's two posts promoting your site/group, and that's the limit our rules allow. Please don't spam this any more.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Two? I always though we could only have one; oh well, shouldn't have anymore for atleast a few more... whoops.

:mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah, I'm all in for the old school band wagon. I'm growing bored of massive open-worlds, tunable cars from the 90's, and a bunch of ricers screwing up the only decent cars in the game.

Although, an open world with only exotics... extremely unrealistic, but yet awesome. Kinda' a TDU kinda style would be cool, although I wouldn't pray for it.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah it is just one actually. Thanks for pointing that out.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't want a TDU clone :?

Personally, I wouldn't mind some amount of tuning. I remember Porsche Unleashed where we could tune, but we were limited to legitimate aftermarket (in that game, only Porsche) parts. That kind of tuning I wouldn't mind seeing. Especially since Tuners kindof beg to be tuned, and I'd be extremely disappointed if my favorite Supra and RX7 weren't in an NFS game.

As I've mentioned in the other HP3 topic, I don't mind open-world; just not the way EA has been executing it recently. They should first create the tracks, then a world around those tracks; not they other way around which is what they've done the past few games. They also have to give the player some incentive to explore the world and not be able to jump from race to race using a mini-map. Maybe a system of locked roads/races like TDU would be good. Races would be locked on the minimap until you've drive by its location, after which you can use your minimap to get to any race in that area.

I think if EA focused only on Supercars, they would lose a HUGE fanbase. In fact, I'm not sure I'd play such an NFS game, even though it was the exotics that really attracted me in the beginning. They'd have to maintain a balance of tuners, exotics, and muscle. Honestly, I thought ProStreet and Undercover did a very good job of that.

As for cops, cops mean no Hondas/Acuras, along with quite a few other manufacturers. I like cops, MW was fun. But the pros of having cops (challenging and integral to gameplay) need to outweigh the cons (unavailability of certain iconic cars). But as with the open-world environment, the police element also needs to be integrated better. The police should not simply seem like a nuisance like a fly, but more like an aggressive adversary. I don't mind the unrealism (seriously, how many police departments can afford unlimited cars in pristine conditions), but such features should not deter the player from racing. I don't know how that would work out, but I'm not the one designing successful games. And it's late.

So basically, NFS has come a long way since HP2. There are certain elements that have become integral to the NFS "genre" and removal of those elements would alienate a lot of fans. In that light, a true HP3 would be an unrealistic expectation from EA.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

nfs-hot3 wrote: 5. good music
made me lol..

although the music in the hot pursuits actually was good, you realise music is a matter of taste right?
just because its good for you or me doesnt mean its good for all

demanding "good music" in the game is honestly quite pointless :lol:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Carcrazy wrote:Anyway, yeah, I'm all in for the old school band wagon. I'm growing bored of massive open-worlds, tunable cars from the 90's, and a bunch of ricers screwing up the only decent cars in the game.
You know, it's funny, because (in my opinion) this is one of the most understandable but controversial, problematic, and divisive issues for EA. If they do this, they will lose the tuner fanbase (heck, I would like the Skyline and Evo and stuff in and I'd actually like more - decent, like JZZ30 Soarer - tunable cars). If they do not, they won't gain the exotic fanbase. This whole issue started in 2003 with Underground, which I am thankful that EA made (I don't like tuning Civics but it really helped popularize the Skyline, RX-7, Supra, and 350Z, as well as making UG2, one of the best NFS games, possible), but it can't be easily fixed because EA now has three audiences they're trying to juggle. If this is one of their problems that is causing the bugs, then I can entirely understand EA's predicament.

However, I almost entirely disagree with you. Although I agree with you that the exotics should not be riceable (maybe like Hamann kits only should be used), and that "ricing" is annoying (lots of body kits would be nice, but not EA's crappy copy-and-paste kits), I would not like to see "tunable cars from the 90's" disappear. In fact, I don't think EA has even close to enough. I can think of several off the top of my head that would be nice to have, and none of them are Civics or anything (okay, there's one and that's the 2006 JDM Civic Type-R / Acura CSX Type-S). Among these are the JZZ30 Toyota Soarer / SC300, the MA70/JZA70 Toyota Supra Turbo, the Skyline GT-R BNCR33 and BNR32, and the Z32 300ZX - and this is the most basic list I could think of at the moment. There have been many great cars from Japan that are largely overlooked in games, and I would like EA to at least consider them instead of ignoring them entirely.

In fact, if there is no car tuning at all I doubt I'd get much enjoyment from a game, as tuning cars is a large part of "re-play value" - what keeps me playing the game for a long time, which is a big part of what I base my opinion of a game on - for me.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

I agree. Keep the exotics limited, and their fantwats will continue to complain, which I can bear no longer. Make it into an all-exotic game (which is BS, in my personal opinion), and there'll be hell to pay for EA by those who liked those cars (such as myself), which I'll leave the series if it does actually happen. So I'm guessing the muscle car fanbase is in between? But yes, EVERY CAR CLASS (EXCEPT SUVs) has the right to be in a racing game. It isn't limited to exotics and never should be so. And yes, Japanese cars are HIGHLY overlooked in terms of racing games, but I feel that ever since UG1 and UG2 have been released, they've been getting the popularity and respect that's been long overdue.

Hell, in honesty, the overrated-ness of exotics and the constant use of them in popular racing games is why I've come to despise the class with a passion. Come on, Japanese cars have lots of things in the car world them, such as FnF, Super GT, Initial D, a few other animes I can't mention at the moment, and even the street racing scene itself. Muscle cars have very high prestige as well.

But all I see in terms of the exotics is two things: Their somewhat appealing looks and the huge price tag. Now who, in the world's current state, can afford an exotic? RICH PEOPLE, and there's not that many of them.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Actually, I see your point but I disagree with you that exotics are overused. Sure, they're equally fanboy-abused along with Japanese cars (neither side has any freakin' idea what they're talking about in many cases), but, like Japanese cars, they're not entirely represented in games either. The sad truth is that, if the NFS series is a representative sample, no single car class is represented enough, and cutting one out is a mistake that will prove as fatal for EA as trying to balance it out more. Put bluntly, EA is currently in a vise.

As far as "Japanese cars were represented in UG and UG2", yes, they were, but it was the American, FnF-overdosed view of them. Sure, the Skyline, Evo, and Impreza WRX STi were in, but many more deserving cars were not put in, in favor of (IMO worse) cars like the 206, Focus, and Civic, because American audiences (EA's obvious target audience) are not as exposed to them. This is the only thing I am now unhappy about with UG2 - heck, if someone figures out how to add cars to UG2 and mod performance like in Most Wanted, and someone makes an S14a Silvia, a R33 GT-R, and a few other cars, all replacing the lame FF cars like the Focus, etc., I'd be pretty happy.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Come on, Japanese cars have lots of things in the car world them, such as FnF, Super GT, Initial D, a few other animes I can't mention at the moment, and even the street racing scene itself.
Wangan Midnight? Speaking of, do you play Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune at all? I do, but not nearly as much as many people. I have like one card, an R33 GT-R, that isn't even full-tuned, because I only play when I happen to go to the arcade. lol
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

There won't be another Hot Pursuit for these reasons:

Even though this game was good, it only has few fans left. Obviously not the target market EA are trying to attract, all they want is they're capitalist gains, they're stocks and they're PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS MONEY... ahem.

Another reason is that without tuning and without free roam the game is limited in its "playability" and again, will only attract the diehard fans of the series.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

You mean the Hot Pursuit fanboys? If so, than that's the only fans that they'll have left if tuners AND (to some extent) several muscle cars go. But I don't think, however, that EA is all about money. They're not as uptight as 4Kids Entertainment, and if you've seen their weewee-poor dubs, you'd know how uptight they are. It's more like they're trying to keep fans of all car classes at least contempt.

But I can't help but get the feeling that the series is starting to become exotic-based AGAIN, which is something I DON'T want. NFS should be about all car classes and using automobiles from the long history of cars (1960s-present anyways). Removing a car class from the series is like segregation in the 19th-20th century.

@ RedCarDriver: I HAVE played one arcade game at the mall, but I forgot the name. All I remember is that you use a card to save your process.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

#-o

The current NFS titles sell well so they will keep using their formula of wild driving, autosculpt, police, and open world driving to sell their games.
korge
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

True..but now long can they bare the embarrassment and bad reviews from all the game review sites? ;)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

t3ice wrote:True..but now long can they bare the embarrassment and bad reviews from all the game review sites? ;)
EA is a corporation with a footprint the size of a god. They have no need for "embarrassment." Undercover got a "good" review average of 7. That sells.

If you really want to show them you cant be fooled, buy Midnight Club LA, GRID, etc and not NFS games until their reviews pull in numbers in the 8 to 9 range again.
korge
RDS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RDS »

Hot Pursuit 3 ...
No Car Mody ?
sabasabasaba
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sabasabasaba »

i think it would be wonderful if EA made hot pursuit3 because I and II parts vere cool and i think third would be better
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

no tuning in NFS for me = no showroom here and get board easily for me
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I don't know about others, but I think EA can't escape from making a game without tuning features.. It's the root to NFS' success. If EA took it off, sales will undoubtedly plummet.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

That and free roam.

Expect car modding and free roam games in NFS for the rest of your life.

How fun does that sound!?
korge
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

sound fun for me
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Heh, anybody remember the uproar in this forums when it was announced that ProStreet was closed circuit racing?
Not saying that NFS games should have free roam, but it seems it's popular these days.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Agreed. On top of the poor sales, that sounds like the nail in the coffin as to why you will never see closed circuit tracks in NFS ever again.
korge
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

ProStreet actually didn't sell bad: 5.85mil compared to 3.62 of Carbon and 7.09 of NFSMW.

Return to “NFS 2022”