WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

The Future of Need For Speed
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

Post by korge »

Now you can guess for yourself! With this great formula given to us years ago by board member, SP4RCO, we can now see into the future!! Thats right! Here, attached below, is the updated formula. Excite yourself with enthusiam for the next NFS title!

Seem like even EA is catching on with the "Go Green, Recycle!" campaign. Isn't life grand folks?

Cheers! :)
korge
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

lolwut :roll:
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

OMG I remember this when NFS MW was being discussed by Sparco ... D:

Sparco rulz man...he does

Anyways, it's always the same...and it's going to be the same. Maybe NFS is lost for ever?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

How come I've never seen this being circulated around last time? :|
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

My name is there :D

i win :P
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

@ - Rx7 -: Not exactly... take another look. :P

And as funny as this is, I'm still having good hopes for NFS XIII, if they mess that up...
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

- Rx7 - wrote:i win :P
Not quite..all the things on the picture are meant to be the fails that EA has provided us for the last few years.. ;)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

No, you fail.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Bojan wrote:
No, you fail.
Ahh awwwwww :( :cry:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

t3ice wrote:
Not quite..all the things on the picture are meant to be the fails that EA has provided us for the last few years.. ;)
You call drift, police and free roam and parts "fail that EA has provided us for the last few years"?

No parts means no customization.
No free roam takes away the fun, IMO.
I really want drift racing as long as it's not like the one in Carbon.
No police? Dang.

Unless you meant body kits, spoilers and stuff and the how they're badly designed. But seriously, why the heck are Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted on that list?
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:No parts means no customization. No free roam takes away the fun, IMO.
I agree with this, people want old school NFS, but it will never be like that,, ever. The simple fact is that without customization and freeroam (what the majority of the consumer want) the game will be "dead" to any new fans. All the fan boys wanting to see Hot Pursuit 3, sorry its not going to happen. EA have too much to lose, as if they haven't lost enough already.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:
t3ice wrote:
You call drift, police and free roam and parts "fail that EA has provided us for the last few years"?

No police? Dang.

Unless you meant body kits, spoilers and stuff and the how they're badly designed. But seriously, why the heck are Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted on that list?
Because they're Hot Pursuit fanboys and any game after HP2 sucks to them. I'm betting they also think that just because tuners are inferior to exotics in terms of speed, that exotics are the only deserving car class in NFS. So not only are they being exotic twatwaffles in this case, they're also being nostalgia fanboys as well. Well, let me say this, if EA does cave in and go to the NFS of days past, scrap the customization and tuners, keeping only high-powered cars, and the gameplay STILL blows, that'll be the blatant end of NFS.

And the only ones to blame will be the nostalgia fanboys/exotic twatwaffles and their retarded, ignorant, right-wing, biased bigotry.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Lol, yeah. I personally find it annoying how all these "nostalgia fanboys" are still here to make fun of the NFS series. I mean, sure the classics were awesome but Underground, U2 and MW were also great games. I understand about Carbon [to an extent], ProStreet and Undercover [again, to an extent, frame rate and graphics are main issues IMO].

It will be like this; EA gives them what they want, a modernized High Stakes-style game exempt from vehicle customization or police, resulting in as you said, the total downfall of NFS. Then they'll all go complaining "No police or customization? Can't EA do anything right?"...
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

With Carbon, I can see where they're coming from, seeing how horrible it was. On some views with ProStreet I can see where they're coming from [frame rate and graphics as mentioned before], but still reserving judgment on Undercover. But what they're saying in terms of UG1-MW is just IMO tuner hate, which, as I see it, looks like one of the following things:

A(Nazi-ism)
B(Car Class Segregation)
C(Terrorism)
D(Fanboyish bogitry flaming)
or even, E (Bush Policies - sorry, it felt like an opportunity for that)

One things for sure, EA has the right to make an NFS in their vision, just as much as we have the right to buy them or not. Don't like the game, don't buy it. "But no, that would make too much sense. We have to bash the game instead of just ignoring it if it is, by any chance, bad." I'll say this right now, the new games (2/3 of them I've played, anyway) are just as good as the old ones. Hell, in honesty, I like UG1-MW better than most of the old ones (the only exception is NFS3), and no, it has nothing to do with the fact that tuners are in those games.

Gameplay over ALL ELSE (and we all have opinions on games), people, which is what IGN and those IGN/nostalgia/exotic fanboys can't seem to understand.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

*WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS COMMON SENSE*
BEST IF READ THOROUGHLY

Anyone who does not love tuners is a car class segregating, terroristic, fanboyish bigotry flaming, Bush lovin, Nazi?

You sir are an idiot, And your interests and location section in your profile also shows your biased absolute fanboyish love for tuners...

"Location: In my NFSPS Nissan GT-R "
"Interests: Scaring away supercars with their tails between their legs."

[sarcasm]Yeah.. You must really show those supercars. You must really whip their butts with your absolute kllr ownage online. in Your "Real" Nissan GT-R....[/sarcasm]

Back to your comment,
I dislike NFS, not because of customization and tuners. Get your facts straight. You remind me of the guy who would not S T F U and kept telling me,as if i didnt know my reasons, kept telling me that I didnt like Obama because of his skin color. Understand the whole story before pulling ideas out of your rear.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote: One things for sure, EA has the right to make an NFS in their vision, just as much as we have the right to buy them or not. Don't like the game, don't buy it. "But no, that would make too much sense. We have to bash the game instead of just ignoring it if it is, by any chance, bad." I'll say this right now, the new games (2/3 of them I've played, anyway) are just as good as the old ones. Hell, in honesty, I like UG1-MW better than most of the old ones (the only exception is NFS3), and no, it has nothing to do with the fact that tuners are in those games.

Gameplay over ALL ELSE (and we all have opinions on games), people, which is what IGN and those IGN/nostalgia/exotic fanboys can't seem to understand.
Dont be a bigot when you are trying to point out flaws in the bigots them selves. If you can think for yourself, most of us "Exotic Fanboys" play Test Drive Unlimited, Racing sims, or Project Gotham, or anything that has to do with cars. If anything is true it shows us how narrow minded the new NFS games truly are. They try to please two crowds while not really doing either successfully. The new vision (bush policies? wtf?) of tuner cars is great, as they are the only developer to pull it off this well, but I think this trend of six games in a row and not too much to show for is just pitiful.

So even though you are 16, yes I was at one time to. 3 years ago if you can count, I was in high school, not old enough for a job, couldnt smoke, couldnt watch an R movie, so I spent some time playing a healthy amount of video games. I however didnt actually buy them since I was sorta broke.. I just wanted them. So when I asked my parents for them they would give them to me even though they didnt know I was actually being decieved by EAs MASSIVE MARKETING!!!!!! You idiot!!! We arent BASHING THIS GAME , We are just disturbed that these games sell so well but offer so little.

If you are trying to be a little fanboy, then atleast know the whole case.
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Lol, yeah. I personally find it annoying how all these "nostalgia fanboys" are still here to make fun of the NFS series. I mean, sure the classics were awesome but Underground, U2 and MW were also great games. I understand about Carbon [to an extent], ProStreet and Undercover [again, to an extent, frame rate and graphics are main issues IMO].

It will be like this; EA gives them what they want, a modernized High Stakes-style game exempt from vehicle customization or police, resulting in as you said, the total downfall of NFS. Then they'll all go complaining "No police or customization? Can't EA do anything right?"...
You cannot please the New age NFS fanboys (kammy and elie8) and the old school fans of the first era of nfs games (most of us).

I poke fun at this series because after Underground 1, I started to notice a trend (back when I was 15 i think) and I KNEW this is where the series was headed. I constantly pointed out marketing tricks and schemes and the total dump on the past NFS series after UG1. I hated it even though UG1 was a great game. However after that, I lost total respect for this series. Honestly, you cannot believe you are spending full price on a constant annual series that offers nothing more than more advertisements?

Check yourself before laying blame to the NFS hatrs out there. Maybe we actually have a point to make.
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote: You call drift, police and free roam and parts "fail that EA has provided us for the last few years"?

No police? Dang.

These arent All fails. These are reasons why for the past 6 or 7 years, you have been conned into buying the exact same game with different bells and whistles.
korge
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Oh man, 5 RX7s in the next game which will be an Underground remake? Dang, that will probably be one nice car list. This game will be sweet, thanks for the heads up! 8)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:It will be like this; EA gives them what they want, a modernized High Stakes-style game exempt from vehicle customization or police, resulting in as you said, the total downfall of NFS. Then they'll all go complaining "No police or customization? Can't EA do anything right?"...
High Stakes had cops, lots of them, numbnut.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I have to agree with Korge on this one.

I always was a huge NFS fan from the start, and a big fan of exotic cars, but personally have nothing against "tuners"
And I did like NFS Underground because of it's high fun rate, and the fact that you could race fairly normal cars, and mid level sportscars.
And even though I do hate ricers with a passion, I have nothing against entry level sportscars, and the perfect carlist would have a lot of entry level sportscars, sport orientated cars and sportscars in general.

But I don''t like EA's recycling sytem where everytime you see the same stuff OVER and OVER again, it's a serious lack of imagination, I don't mind seeing the same cars in a new game but it has to add something more and new stuff.
And the recycling isn't the worst thing but the fact that EA keeps rushing stuff recently, and even with all the recycled stuff they keep giving us unfinished games, and that is what bothers me, and I think most classic NFS gamers, because the old games where not rushed, they where very well made with great tracks and where very stable and hardly had any glitches, EA took their time with those games.
I was glad to see that in NFS MW you where still able to customise your ride, but you didn't have to so it was suitable for most NFS gamers, where in NFS U2 you had to fully rice out your cars with the most UGLY parts just to finish the game, even though a lot of people loved NFS U2, it was IMO a ricer game with the focus to much on the customising, it was to much ghetto/ricer then Racer, it did have some nice original touches, and you could make some nice cars as long as you didn't have to make a car according to the star rating :wink:

I'm getting pretty damn tired of Kammys fanboyism, sure you are telling everyone how annoying the old school "fanboys" are, while infact you are the biggest fanboy of them all (explained by Korge in above post)
I also don't like the fact that you link people who like the old NFS games with Bush and politics in general. It's completely irrelevant and Comparing certain fans with Nazi's is just plain wrong and I'm personally offended by a comment like that!
don't post stuff you don't know anything about, cause calling people Nazi's just because they have a different opinion then yours is one of the worst things you can say, I think it's time for you to start to open a history book and see what you can actually learn about WWII and then look what you just wrote.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

korge wrote:
Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Lol, yeah. I personally find it annoying how all these "nostalgia fanboys" are still here to make fun of the NFS series. I mean, sure the classics were awesome but Underground, U2 and MW were also great games. I understand about Carbon [to an extent], ProStreet and Undercover [again, to an extent, frame rate and graphics are main issues IMO].

You cannot please the New age NFS fanboys (kammy and elie8) and the old school fans of the first era of nfs games (most of us).

I poke fun at this series because after Underground 1, I started to notice a trend (back when I was 15 i think) and I KNEW this is where the series was headed. I constantly pointed out marketing tricks and schemes and the total dump on the past NFS series after UG1. I hated it even though UG1 was a great game. However after that, I lost total respect for this series. Honestly, you cannot believe you are spending full price on a constant annual series that offers nothing more than more advertisements?

Check yourself before laying blame to the NFS hatrs out there. Maybe we actually have a point to make.
So... I'm a fanboy because I like the new games more, even when I've played NFS3 and Porsche Unleashed, correct? That makes sense... as does EA's marketing plans (ahem... total sarcasm).

I've played NFS3 and Porsche Unleashed and every game after Underground 1 (with the exception of Undercover). Although, yes, Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed were good games, there may have been the possibility that I was - hmm, let me take a wild guess, I may be off on this one - NOT A BIG NFS FAN AT THE TIME, PERHAPS?! Then in December 2003 came Underground 1, and that was a great game. Inferior to Hot Pursuit, superior to Porsche Unleashed. That's what gave me a ticket to the NFS fandom although I didn't come here until July of 2007.

Speaking of July 2007, let's fast forward there, 3 years after I got Underground 2, which is inferior to the original, but at least tolerable. This is when I came to NFSUnlimited as a total noob, asking retarded questions, answering with even more retarded statements that make fun of themselves. There's me admitting I was a dumb-s**t back then, but I liked Underground 2 not because of advertisements, tuners, and customization, but because of it's okay game speed, decent controls, and likable carlist (in comparison to Carbon's). Now ProStreet isn't one of the best games, but it's okay, and I don't get the constant complaining of bugs 'n' glitches. You want a racing game with bugs and glitches? 6 words: "Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing". Sure, ProStreet's gameplay was slower to most of the NFS games, but it had AI that at least tried to attempt to win, not to mention that the carlist is (somewhat) equally divided among the car classes just to prevent the whining. But the storyline sucks... #-o

June 2008, I got Carbon, a move which I now regret for the rest of my alias's days as a NFS FAN (just a regular fan). I mean, who doesn't LOVE driving slowly in an uninspired city such as Palmont? I am as dumbfounded now how crappy the game was as I was back when I bought the game in June. I mean, hey, to be honest, when I first heard how bad this was on YouTube, I honestly expected NFS to abruptly DIE right then and there. THAT'S HOW HORRIBLE THIS GAME IS! Thank god for torrent fishing, which is how I got Most Wanted, which, yes, is the best NFS game EVAR. The one game superior to Hot Pursuit, which is a REALLY HARD NFS to top. Fast game speed, tight controls, worthy AI, decent storyline, and the one game where I actually tolerated exotics. Best of all? NO TIERS plus an equal playing field, so you don't have to get a Lambo just to beat Razor, although I didn't reach him.

And I'm not trying to blame a single NFS hater out there for the supposed "decline" of NFS (which is, in reality, just an opinion of one's view on the series); I'm just telling the nostalgia fanboys, those who can't seem to deal with the simple fact that some of the new NFS games are actually decent, to get it over their craptastical egos and play them before they judge them.

Note that neither this nor my previous comment is aimed at anyone in this site, in real life, or even AT ALL in particular, I'm just telling my views on this whole situation. But no, I'm supposedly a New Age NFS fanboy, so I'll discard my opinions and go back under my rock. And how's about asking me if I've even played an old school NFS game before you make that assumption again? kthnxbai :|

P.S: About the New Age NFS fanboy comment, I can disprove that with this whole post. Can't say the same for elie8, though, he sure does type like one.
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:I've played NFS3 and Porsche Unleashed and every game after Underground 1 (with the exception of Undercover). Although, yes, Hot Pursuit and Porsche Unleashed were good games, there may have been the possibility that I was - hmm, let me take a wild guess, I may be off on this one - NOT A BIG NFS FAN AT THE TIME, PERHAPS?! Then in December 2003 came Underground 1, and that was a great game. Inferior to Hot Pursuit, superior to Porsche Unleashed. That's what gave me a ticket to the NFS fandom although I didn't come here until July of 2007.
Just gotta reply to this. It's a poorly kept secret that I'm a huge fan of NFS Porsche, but I'm gonna tell a little story behind my love (it is actually love, yeah) for the game.

I was 16 when the game was released in 2000, and I sucked. I got halfway thru the test drive practice, and I was owned by the 911 Carrera RS when I reached that in the other storymode. Couldn't control it at all. So I gave up on the game, I didn't wanna play a game that kept ruining me. And it took 2-3 years before I touched the game again, and in the mean time, I had played other games, and improved my driving skills. So I tried PU again, and this time, the 911s wasn't a problem anymore, I had total control of them, and the test drive practice also went much better. Sure, there were some tasks I was very lucky to complete, but I got thru it. And I got thru all the cars as well. And that's when I realized just how good this game was, it wasn't just a game that you could sit down and race thru, it actually needed practice, and some actual skills. I didn't have those skills when I was 16. And just like that, it went from a game I hated, to the best game I've ever played, and the only game who's ever been close to feeling that good since, was Test Drive Unlimited, which pretty much is what I wanted NFS to be after NFS Underground. Underground was good, I had a lot of fun with it, but I wanted the series to go back to the roots (the real roots), and not keep up with the underground theme.

So I'd recommend that you give NFS Porsche another shot later. You never know, it might grow on you. It sure did on me. :D
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Actually, I'm through with the whole anti-exotic gig. Though I will probably still keep my thoughts on Porsche, I should give it another try... if I had my disc still.

As I said before, I don't care if exotics are in NFS or if people dislike the series anymore. I just don't wanna be classified as "New Age Fanboi" anymore. Only 30 minutes after this and I feel like the George W. Bush of my generation. I'll even type an apology note if I have to. I just don't want to be labeled anymore.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Sorry to point this out, but why does every argument always end with a false "Reductio ad Hitlerum" analogy? :P

Anyway...
korge wrote:You cannot please the New age NFS fanboys (kammy and elie8) and the old school fans of the first era of nfs games (most of us).
Korge, you've hit the entire core of EA's problems with that statement right there. However, looking at the "tuners versus exotics" thread, and just by looking at Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, the compromise is right in front of everyone.

Why can't you have realistic enough but not totally simulation-esque physics (yes, I know this won't sound like a compromise, but how about UG2's?) and have extensively tunable Japanese sports cars (not Civics, more like Skyline GT-Rs, Supras, Evos, Subarus, NSXes, Silvias, and Toyota Chasers) as well as less-tunable exotics with Hamann bodykits, if even that, and if not, tunable performance and paint and rims only? As far as I can see it's a perfect compromise and it's totally within reach of EA. I don't see why pleasing one fanbase is mutually exclusive with pleasing another, but, seeing how very poorly EA attempts that, EA needs to learn to do this better or, like Carbon, may end up pleasing neither.

EDIT: When you guys are talking about the "roots", I'm thinking that there are two good points to be made there:

1. Well, TNFS did have exactly three Japanese cars, which are Japanese sports cars. Three out of the eight were Japanese. Back then there was no "tuner scene" in the US, and with it, the connotations of that marketing area were nonexistent - so no exotic fans complained about the RX-7 being in the game, because the RX-7 was an exotic too. Heck, I'm pretty sure that, when talking about the NSX, the talking guy says the word "exotic" at least ten times.

2. It's a bit late to be talking about the roots. Underground was introduced three-quarters of the way through the series and now it's history like the rest of the games. As far as "six games in a row": that's probably why Underground was released in the first place, because exotics dominated the last "six games in a row" and the tuner scene was emerging. Honestly, fanboys (on EITHER side) are probably the most powerful motivators for EA, and I think that trend should stop - especially because most fanboys (not naming names, but I don't mean Kammy or anyone else here) have no idea what they're talking about, even if some can cough up some technical "jargon" that they can't explain. For example, anyone who thinks Carbon's car-class system is either accurate or even how cars really drive is sorely mistaken - the Supra, Skyline, 350Z, and Evo were all very similar in handling when they are all radically different in real life - the Supra and Skyline are heavier than the 350Z and Evo, and the Skyline and Evo are 4WD while the Supra and 350Z are RWD. Now, some fanboys may know that but they will rarely understand what that means for the entire feel of the car.

I'm sorry that it may look like I'm being hard on fanboys - heck, I was one at some point - but they really need to do research before they start pretending like they know what they are talking about. Now, I'm using "fanboy" a little loosely, but I hope that it will be excused in this case: I'm using "fanboy" to mean anyone who overloads on either Fast and the Furious / Fictitious (sure, a Skyline hits a pole and is wrecked while an Evo smashes through a STEEL GATE and is unharmed) or Gone in 60 Seconds and Redline ("I'm just throwing cool cars in because they're cool, movies I and II"), and generally just goes "wooh" at key moments when the cool car is doing cool stuff. :P
Last edited by RedCarDriver on 06 Dec 2008, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

May as well not forget the muscle cars, too... but that's just me...

Oh, wait, I'm a "NEW AGE FANBOI" so my opinion only amounts to the usefulness OF A DEAD MOUSE!
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:May as well not forget the muscle cars, too... but that's just me...
Actually, that was a decent point; muscle cars shouldn't be neglected, even though they're pretty hard to create tuning for in comparison to most Japanese cars - at least performance tuning, as usually older muscle cars do not have bumper kits.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Oh, wait, I'm a "NEW AGE FANBOI" so my opinion only amounts to the usefulness OF A DEAD MOUSE!
Okay, that was just flaming. Please, understand that the name was (hopefully) intended in the spirit of a friendly joke, and far less extreme than actually taking action on you for flaming and stuff.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

I wasn't trying to start a rage war guys. If someone likes a certain race genre let them, i was simply stating the fact that a new NFS HP game would be unrealistic.

Return to “NFS 2022”