WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

The Future of Need For Speed
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Re: WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

No, - Rx7 -, I was the one who started the rage war. In honesty, if I had just stayed out of this topic, none of this would even be happening.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

RedCarDriver wrote:When you guys are talking about the "roots", I'm thinking that there are two good points to be made there:

1. Well, TNFS did have exactly three Japanese cars, which are Japanese sports cars. Three out of the eight were Japanese. Back then there was no "tuner scene" in the US, and with it, the connotations of that marketing area were nonexistent - so no exotic fans complained about the RX-7 being in the game, because the RX-7 was an exotic too. Heck, I'm pretty sure that, when talking about the NSX, the talking guy says the word "exotic" at least ten times.
Well, when I'm talking about "roots", I don't think about the cars, I think about what the game is focusing on. In the old days, it was just racing. Now, the focus is more on the story, which in my opinion has nothing to do in a racing game (see here). What other people puts in the word "roots" is up to them, but the cars in the game don't really matter to me. I like exotics, I like tuners, and I like muscle.

Exotics are better for high speed driving, tuners are better for visual styling, and muscle are better for driving pleasure (I like to drift). :)
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Morty wrote: Well, when I'm talking about "roots", I don't think about the cars, I think about what the game is focusing on. In the old days, it was just racing. Now, the focus is more on the story, which in my opinion has nothing to do in a racing game (see here). What other people puts in the word "roots" is up to them, but the cars in the game don't really matter to me. I like exotics, I like tuners, and I like muscle.

Exotics are better for high speed driving, tuners are better for visual styling, and muscle are better for driving pleasure (I like to drift). :)
I don't mind if NFS doesn't go to it's original roots - as if I cared about roots to begin with (Super Mario Sunshine isn't even covering the roots in its series). As long as the gamplay is good, has decent controls, manageable frame rate, challengeing AI, and likable cars, I'm OK (which is why I like ProStreet. A bit oddball game to the series, but it's at least decent unlike Carbon. Plus, I have yet to see how PS rips off Gran Turismo, probably because of the closed-track, legal racing concept).

And I actually like exotics now. I guess you could say that playing Most Wanted from August to November really shifted my thoughts on them. I'm actually now multi-role in terms of my favorite car classes. The only gripe with exotics now: you can't give them a complete makeover in terms of modding, otherwise they'd lose the elegant look.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

To be honest, I actually am liking where NFS is going, despite having played NFS since High Stakes. But there's jut one thing which EA has got to improve, and that's the gameplay. I too don't bother much about the cars. As long as I have fun playin the game, I'm pretty much satisfied. :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I think TheStig has a point here. With yearly releases they have to meet the deadline and with limited resources Need for Speed games cannot be all we want them to be. Take NFSUC for example: at the community day we asked them about "be the cop mode" (something that has been missed in nfs for quite a while). The response was: if you could choose between highway battle and be the cop, what would you choose. And that is the core problem of recent games: tradeoffs. You can either get A or B but not both. We are getting games with great potential which are missing just a little bit to become truly great. It's either quality issues or lacking features. And the lack of support after the game is released just makes it worse.

About the fanboism: I don't think it really matters whether the game is a tuner game or an exotics game or both. Fanboys which would only go one way are a small minority and don't represent much of the total games sold (the majority will always go to the casual gamer). So instead of wanting a tuners/exotics game, let's just wish for a great racing game (whichever way it goes).
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

I guess getting EA to give the fans what they want would be too much for them. Even I admit ProStreet could have been better, then it wouldn't be cited as a Gran Turismo rip-off (in which it's not) on a consistent basis.

As I said before, I'm quitting my "crusade", if it can even be mentioned as such. Though I still, to some extent, dislike exotics, me bashing them isn't going to make them disappear. To be honest, I don't wish for a great racing game. A decent one at least will do me some good, though.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:I guess getting EA to give the fans what they want would be too much for them.
As if fans really know what they want. Go through the "next nfs wishlist" topics - there's so many different views of what the next game should be you could make 10 games and you still wouldn't make everyone happy.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

That explains why there are so many differing opinions on the games. Same with me...

Hot Pursuit 1: 4.5/5
Porsche Unleashed: 2.5/5
Underground 1: 4.5/5
Underground 2: 3.5/5
Most Wanted: 4.75/5 (the AI sucks at times)
Carbon: Obvious one here, a well-deserved 1/5
ProStreet: 3.5/5 (Don't understand the unanimous hate on this game, especially of the closed-track concept)
Undercover... no dice.

In honesty, it's actually a good thing that EA is making games for sales. If it was all about fans, the NFS series would be dead due to the fanbase's unsure-ness (I know it's not a word)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Bojan wrote:I think TheStig has a point here. With yearly releases they have to meet the deadline and with limited resources Need for Speed games cannot be all we want them to be. Take NFSUC for example: at the community day we asked them about "be the cop mode" (something that has been missed in nfs for quite a while). The response was: if you could choose between highway battle and be the cop, what would you choose. And that is the core problem of recent games: tradeoffs. You can either get A or B but not both. We are getting games with great potential which are missing just a little bit to become truly great. It's either quality issues or lacking features. And the lack of support after the game is released just makes it worse.
There is a very simple solution to this tho. Don't release a new game every year. I know that's what they've been doing ever since the NFS series started, but where does it say that they have to release a new game every year? Instead of shoving out a decent game every year, spend that extra year to make it great. That way the NFS series wouldn't be seen as just a series with potential, it would be a series of true racing quality. And with an extra year, they would also have time to do some post-launch support.

Just an example: Gran Turismo is, as far as I know, seen as a series of games that are just magnificent. They were released in 1997, 1999, 2001, 2004 and 2009/2010. I see a pattern here, the better they want the games to be, the longer time they spend on making it. And even tho I'm not gonna buy GT5, since I prefer highway racing and don't play on consoles, I have a feeling they're making a new classic there...
vZv
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by vZv »

2 KammyworldRacerGT4
Speaking about unshureness, if you unshure this doesnt meant that everyone around you think same, I by myself have a genious concept for gameplay and how it shold look to enjoy everyone, but you know what, EA never listen to their fans, they have heard something and made it "as they see it", and you know what, that's s*x :? ...

P.S. I would pu 4.0/5 for Porsche Unleased and 2.3/5 for PoorStreet :)
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

EA, Comon already and give a ME sum ROOTS!!!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
korge
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@Kammy:

HP: 3.4/5.0 now, 4.2/5.0 at the time it was released
HS: 4.0/5.0 when modded, 3.2/5.0 unmodded
PU: 3.5/5.0, 3.9/5.0 when it actually works properly (newer PCs don't work well with it)
HP2: 3.9/5.0
UG: 4.5/5.0 when released, 3.5/5.0 now
UG2: 4.8/5.0 - the best game
MW: 4.1/5 before modding, 4.5/5.0 with modding
C: 2.2/5.0 once I finished it, 3.1/5.0 up until (or just when it actually ran properly)
PS: 3.8/5.0
UC: N/A - I'm not buying it. Ever.
Morty wrote: There is a very simple solution to this tho. Don't release a new game every year. I know that's what they've been doing ever since the NFS series started, but where does it say that they have to release a new game every year? Instead of shoving out a decent game every year, spend that extra year to make it great. That way the NFS series wouldn't be seen as just a series with potential, it would be a series of true racing quality. And with an extra year, they would also have time to do some post-launch support.
THANK YOU. Finally someone sees my point. Heck, why not make it five years like GT? With PC's moddability and EA's like for downloadable content, and the generally longer support for higher-quality, heavily-moddable games, this should be a no-brainer, but, much like the EA Sports games (which are usually terrible and only last a year anyway), EA apparently looks at NFS as a "franchise" with "installments" rather than a series with games.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

@RedCarDriver: That's what I and many other people have been saying... spend more than just one year to develop an NFS game.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

EA already has all the things they need to create the perfect NFS game and they dont even know it. They have all the elements people want but are stupid enough to combine them, and remove all the stuff nobody wants. Simply said if you put all the good parts from NFS I - NFS Undercover (yes even undercover has some good parts) together you get the perfect NFS game. In-short if you combine all the good elements you pretty much get this (short version):
* Menu screen (Auto load last safe game):
- Career (Arcade):
> New
> Continue
> Load
> Save

- Quick Race:
> Classic (Old nfs style that we all love, no damage models so we can drive our favorite ferrari's again and all the other cars from the good old days)
> Arcade (New nfs style, full custom rides, damage and all the good stuff we have now)

- Garage (Where we can create our custom cars for Quick Race, with option set car mode to Arcade or Classic, i do like a color change on ferrari's ;) )

- Free Roam:
> Enter City
> Test Track (To test our fine tuning done in the garage)

- Multiplayer:
> Online
> Lan (For pc's)
> Offline (For console's)

- Challenge's (To test your skills and get extra stuff)

- Options (you all know what is in here :D )

*Game Modes:
- Circuit:
> Race track
> City
> Country Side (like we had in the classic nfs)

- Sprint:
> City
> Mountains
> Country Side

- Drift:
> Race Track
> City
> Mountain:
-> Downhill
-> Uphill

- Drag:
> Drag Track
> City

- Competitions:
> Race Track (legit)
> Underground (illegal)

- Police Battles:
> Destruction of public property
> Destruction of Police property
> Escape

- Outrun

- Highway Battle

- Checkpoint

- Speed Challenge

* Cars (All the cars they used from NFS 1 - UC, they also need to add more hatchbacks):
- Tuners (Bring back the old ones like the civic, S2000 and more)

- Exotic (Bring back cars like the Alfa Brera)

- Mussle (Add more then just the ones all car noobs know of)

- Casual (Like the 206 and corsa, i enjoyed tuning my 206 in the UG series)

* Customization
- Autosculpt (On all parts)
- Aftermarket:
> Single body components (Like we had in UG1 and UG2):
-> Front Bumper
-> Side Skirts
-> Rear Bumper
-> Rimms
-> Spoilers
-> Hood
-> Roofscoop (Yes even those, cant make a decent rally car without it)
-> Head and tail lights

> Full body set:
-> Widebody kit
-> Race Track kit (complete body with spoiler and hood, you still decide the rimms)

- Interior Design:> Seats
> Steering Wheel
> Trunk (They can leave this out for me, but i know some of you enjoyed creating audio cars in UG2)

- Exterior Design:> Color:
> Whole body
> Seperate Parts

> Vinyl
> Neon (This still belongs on a tuner show car)
This is pretty much just a small list. The one in my head is a little bigger because i have kept adding stuff with every mistake EA made. Also i think i forgot some small stuff with what i put down. But i think you get the general idea. Give some comments about this, and tell me if i forgot anything. Btw this is just content data. I know i didnt add stuff like gameplay. But maybe we can bring something like this list to EA and hope they understand what we all want.

As you all figured, this is what i like to see in the NFS game that comes out in 2010.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

That's a great idea, D-o-R.

If a longer development cycle was spent on developing that, it could be the perfect NFS game indeed. But if we send this to EA... I'm not sure if they'll listen.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Neon (This still belongs on a tuner show car)
Neons! How could I have not realised it's been missing? God yes! Bring that back! Image
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:That's a great idea, D-o-R.

If a longer development cycle was spent on developing that, it could be the perfect NFS game indeed. But if we send this to EA... I'm not sure if they'll listen.
Accually before sending something to EA we need a bigger document that contains:

- Content
- Gameplay
- Our Reason

And still there is a very big change EA will flush it down the drain XD
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

If you guys actually manage to make that kind of a document, I'll gladly send it out to EA.
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

That's a great idea. I guess I'll add some input on the list, although so far it's looking good. Also if this were to be an official document I guess I'll try to fix grammar and stuff. :lol:
* Menu screen (Auto load last save game):
- Career (Arcade):
> New
> Continue
> Load
> Save

- Quick Race:
> Classic (Old NFS style that we all love, no damage models so we can drive our favorite Ferraris and all the other cars from the good old days again)
> Arcade (New NFS style, full custom rides, damage and all the good stuff we have now)
Yes, this is a good idea. Maybe you could name it Old School and New School, although that might be too cheesy.

- Garage (Where we can create our custom cars for Quick Race, with option set car mode to Arcade or Classic, I do like a color change on my Ferraris ;) )

- Free Roam:
> Enter City
> Test Track (To test our fine tuning done in the garage)
Perhaps you could enter the city and there would be a test track you could drive or teleport to for car tuning/testing.

- Multiplayer:
> Online
> LAN (For pc's)
> Offline (For console's)
I think separating LAN and offline is redundant even if they are for different consoles. In my opinion you should leave offline multiplayer as LAN for all versions.

- Challenges (To test your skills and get extra stuff)
That would be pretty cool. Bringing back the Porsche Unleashed stuff?

- Options (you all know what is in here :D )

*Game Modes:
- Circuit:
> Race track
> City
> Country Side (like we had in the classic NFS)

- Sprint:
> City
> Mountains
> Country Side

- Drift:
> Race Track
> City
> Mountain:
-> Downhill
-> Uphill
I think Mountain should just be one option and then from there, when you pick a hill you can choose forward or reverse for race direction.

- Drag:
> Drag Strip
> City

- Competitions:
> Race Track (legit)
> Underground (illegal)
I like this too. Bringing back a little Pro Street but keeping the illegal racing too.

- Police Battles:
> Destruction of Public Property
> Destruction of Police Property
> Escape
I think the two destruction modes should be merged and perhaps you just have to destroy a certain amount of property, whether it be police or public.

- Outrun

- Highway Battle

- Checkpoint
I think it should be merged into Sprint. I am imagining this mode as something similar to the races in GTA, which are all point A to point B. If it isn't, then disregard this.

- Speed Challenge
I think there should be a circuit mode and a sprint mode, thus having this merged into those two modes.

* Cars (All the cars they used from NFS 1 - UC, they also need to add more hatchbacks):
- Tuners (Bring back the old ones like the civic, S2000 and more)

- Exotic (Bring back cars like the Alfa Brera)

- Muscle (Add more then just the ones all car noobs know of)

- Casual (Like the 206 and corsa, i enjoyed tuning my 206 in the UG series)
Not sure what a casual car is. I think they should just be sorted into the above three staple types.

* Customization
- Autosculpt (On all parts)
- Aftermarket:
> Single body components (Like we had in UG1 and UG2):
-> Front Bumper
-> Side Skirts
-> Rear Bumper
-> Rims
-> Spoilers
-> Hood
-> Roof Scoop (Yes even those, cant make a decent rally car without it)
-> Head and tail lights
Adding side mirrors, doors, and that other fancy junk from U2. If you want customization, you might as well go all the way.

> Full body set:
-> Widebody kit
-> Race Track kit (complete body with spoiler and hood, you still decide the rims)

- Interior Design:
> Seats
> Steering Wheel
> Trunk (They can leave this out for me, but I know some of you enjoyed creating audio cars in UG2)

- Exterior Design:> Color:
> Whole body
> Separate Parts

> Vinyl
Decals too.

> Neon (This still belongs on a tuner show car)
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Great Ideas, I dunno about the Head and tail lights, the clear altezza style tail lights are getting played out these days.. Maybe add a feature like tinting taillights, debadge the logos but keep the manufacture ones (just to make sure you dont forget what your driving lol im jk :P.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

lol that sounds like another underground game...which is good in my mind.
I don't think that EA will ever go back to the classic NFS format
at least not for the NFS series
I mean when you think about it, (and I don't really know what I'm talking about this is just speaking from opinion) when they came out with cops in their games that was pretty unique. after a couple titles with this feature they pursued another niche with underground which was very unique in the sense that it catered well to a culture that was building in popularity at the time which was the illegal street racing and modification of your car to those details that were included in UG. when that game came out there weren't really any other games that could match the customization of UG. they had stumbled upon a niche that didn't really match the norm and it was popular because it was unique in the racing genre. I think that to this day they are not very challenged in the field. I mean there have been the Midnight club series and other games but I still think that the NFS series is more in-depth when it comes to the customization of the car. I think instead of seeing them go back to classic form we will see them extend the features like autosculpt because at this point for them to abandon their niche would be suicide in my opinion. I'm not trying to say anybody is wrong or right thats just my opinion.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

@mean2u :
Perhaps you could enter the city and there would be a test track you could drive or teleport to for car tuning/testing.
That can be included. But i think people dont want to be botherd driving across the entire city just to test and tune the car. So the quick link to go to the test track should still be applied.
Yes, this is a good idea. Maybe you could name it Old School and New School, although that might be too cheesy.
Cheesy indeed XD.
I think separating LAN and offline is redundant even if they are for different consoles. In my opinion you should leave offline multiplayer as LAN for all versions.
o_O I think you are missing the point of the home favorite split screen on the console's. Its just a quick name i gave to it. But offline means split screen.
That would be pretty cool. Bringing back the Porsche Unleashed stuff?
That and also the challenge's we had in carbon, only better worked out (this will annoy less people)
I think Mountain should just be one option and then from there, when you pick a hill you can choose forward or reverse for race direction.
-> is a sub for > . And Uphill and Downhill are the official names. There is no forward or reverse on a mountain, roads lead 2 ways not 1 like a circuit. Some only lead 1 way, but they have 2 seperate roads to get from A to B and from B to A. I want to see more realism in stuff like that.
I like this too. Bringing back a little Pro Street but keeping the illegal racing too.
The realism factor i want, even though its a arcade game i want to have real life elements in them.
I think the two destruction modes should be merged and perhaps you just have to destroy a certain amount of property, whether it be police or public.
Then you would remove the fun of the destroy the cops missions from the previous NFS games. Also everybody destroys the police in costs to state missions, it will get the money amount needed much quicker.
I think it should be merged into Sprint. I am imagining this mode as something similar to the races in GTA, which are all point A to point B. If it isn't, then disregard this.
I am not talking about Speed Trap like we had on MW. I am talking about driving your car to its top speed and keep it there untill the finish line without crashing it. I dont know about you but i dont see me driving 390Km/h on circuit for most of the time. Unless its something like the oval twin ring in montegi.
I dont think you should mix a checkpoint race with sprint. For the simple reason your time will be different when driving against other cars. In sprint you set the race record, in checkpoint you set the course record. There is a big difference between those two.
Adding side mirrors, doors, and that other fancy junk from U2. If you want customization, you might as well go all the way.
Like i said with the trunk, they can leave that out for me. I want it to be a race game and not a car show. What good are installed lambo doors when you are driving 350Km/h on the high way. I think i keep my doors closed then. Side mirrors can be a option though.
Decals too.
You can make those yourself be resizing aftermarket vinyls ;)

Also the part about my grammar, i am dutch so english isnt my main langauge. And when i make official documents in english i use spell and grammar check in word. I just dont check all my posts in word before i post them.

@2fast4all :

Tinting tail lights isnt a bad idea. It fits in the tuner world aspect that i want in the game, alot of people have different shades of glass in them. As for the classic elements, i think just changing the body color and keep the rest original on my ferrari for example would be better.

Also the reason i want 2 different kinds of Quick Races. They can easilly add Classic Quick Race cars only, same way they did with Quick Race cars in the past you couldnt get in carreer. But add the option change body color when selecting your car.

@TONTO89 :

I see your point, but its hard to develope something different now for them. They pretty much have done everything already that can be put in a race game. They only never combined it. Except for maybe Rally and Formula 1, but i think you get my point. Also the part you talk about the Autosculpt function, its added in my list ;) . As for the customization part you talk about, they used to be ontop. But now with removing most customization options they are going downhill. Also as a midnight club player myself. I think MC has alot of functions that are the same but just a little bit better on some fronts. Also i like it how they added motorcycles to the game, in the tuner world its not only cars. There are motorcycle tuners aswell, alot of people have custom sport, chopper or cruiser motorcycles. But i dont want EA to add that to the NFS series, because in my eyes NFS is a car race game series not a mix race game series.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

@mean2u
I agree with you on all that
I guess the only point I was trying to make is that its highly unlikely that they will go back to the classic style of NFS since they seem to have found a new niche
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

That "New niche" whatever it may be in EA's eyes is slowly destroying the NFS series. They already destroyed the Red Alert series before that.

EA should have worked with this ancient quote "If it aint broke, dont fix it".
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

I don't think the Niche is what's destroying them because obviously the concept is still popular enough to sell. Game quality on the other hand is deffinitly leading the series to a slow demise.

Return to “NFS 2022”