WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

The Future of Need For Speed
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: WHAT IS COMING iN 2010!!!

Post by korge »

We can pretty much say that about EAs method of marketing the game industry.

If you heard, They are implementing a new method of publishing. Its called EA Partners where they sponsor and get a cut of the profit, by instead of buying studios (not stupid enough to sell out) they hire independents and give them a budget and help promote.

Id and Valve did it and it worked out pretty well.
korge
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

I'm sorry but adding realism and street racing is just STUPID... People would be crashing into traffic and light poles non-stop. Considering this is EA and focused towards the normal gamers.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

donaldgladden wrote:I'm sorry but adding realism and street racing is just STUPID... People would be crashing into traffic and light poles non-stop. Considering this is EA and focused towards the normal gamers.
I agree. And as I've stated many times before: REALISM DOESN'T MATTER IN AN NFS GAME.

If you're going to constantly complain about unrealism, play another racing game.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Realism Racing Games (GT5)

High speed action and somewhat realistic response (TDU)

Normal decent balance but not sim (GRID)

Arcade style and gameplay but somewhat believable (MCLA)

HOLYWTFROFLPWN Arcade Racing For ages 3 and up (NFS)
korge
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:I'm sorry but adding realism and street racing is just STUPID... People would be crashing into traffic and light poles non-stop. Considering this is EA and focused towards the normal gamers.
o_O people do that now aswell, in Undercover we have a bigger bounce of the wall effect then we had in UG2. But atleast we dont do wallrides with out car anymore as much as in UG2. And sorry for saying this but your comment is stupid, adding realism and street racing is stupid o_O, i hope in this case your misplaced your words. And it should have said adding realism and arcade racing is stupid. And what do you consider a normal gamer?
donaldgladden wrote:I agree. And as I've stated many times before: REALISM DOESN'T MATTER IN AN NFS GAME.

If you're going to constantly complain about unrealism, play another racing game.
Plain 4th grade thinking. You have realism in gameplay (like Gran Turismo) and realism in elements. It's the realism in elements i want to see, and still keep the game play arcade style. So if you think it should be more fantasy/arcade style with no realism, i suggest you start playing old school games like rollcage or mario kart again. Because in nfs games you should have the feeling that you can do that aswell if you wanted to in rl. In the first parts you had hot exotic cars racing each other on tracks that could be real, but it still had a arcade style gameplay. That is what i want to see. Tracks that are made up but still look like it was copied of a real place on this earth. So you have the feeling you are accually racing on a real road. And not on a customized fantasy track. I also want the same elements for the cars, it must look real not fantasy. NFS should go back to the original concept and improve it.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

The current NFS games' tracks are no more fantasy like that in the old games. I mean come on, aquatica with an underwater glass tunnel? Corsica with 4 lane roads? Mediterranean with wide roads and windmills?
The only difference is that the old games had more worldly tracks while the new ones have north american worlds.
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

Give NFS a Australian setting imo :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

- Rx7 - wrote:Give NFS a Australian setting imo :D
Already done back in HP2 (PS2 version)

NFSHP2 Outback Course: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=b6YOGHo5o7U
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Like the Australian Microsoft Windows edition?
http://www.netbloke.com/images/aussiewindaz2000.jpg
- Rx7 -
Drift King
Drift King

Post by - Rx7 - »

GT3x24x7 wrote:

LOL That looks nothing like the Australian outback. #-o American developers
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

GT3x24x7 wrote:

Is that a custom track or was it a console-exclusive thing?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I dont think consoles are capable of custom tracks :-k
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The whole desert/outback environment was exclusive to the PS2 version of HP2 and contributed three distinct tracks to the game (plus reverse versions). Remember that for HP2 there were two separate development teams - one made the PS2 version (which was a great game) and another made the PC/Xbox version (which was largely touted as rubbish, but in fact I thought it was pretty good).

More here and in the wiki proper.

Anyway, this should be about the next NFS and it's content. Apologies for the sidetrack.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I have both... the PC version is fun, if you want multi-player or something. While it is fun, the PS2 version is still lengths ahead of it. :P
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

korge wrote:HOLYWTFROFLPWN Arcade Racing For ages 3 and up (NFS)
I thought Mario Kart would fill this role much better, but I understand that NFS needs to be dissed every few posts so please continue. :)
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

donaldgladden wrote:I'm sorry but adding realism and street racing is just STUPID... People would be crashing into traffic and light poles non-stop. Considering this is EA and focused towards the normal gamers.
TNFS had oncoming traffic, NFS:HP had it, NFS:HS had it, and the list keeps going, and that's something I've been wanting in all games I've played. Need For Speed has always (except for Pro Street) been mainly about racing on streets (either in cities or out on the countryside), and having traffic is very natural in a game like that. It's an extra challenge, yes, but I don't see that as a problem. And light poles? Just stay off the sidewalks, and that won't be a problem.

It won't hurt with a little more realism in NFS.
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:I agree. And as I've stated many times before: REALISM DOESN'T MATTER IN AN NFS GAME.

Well, realism should matter in an NFS game. Unfortunately, it hasn't really mattered in the last NFS games, and that's part of why the NFS series has been slowly dying for me. I can live with NFS being slightly arcadeish, but there's a limit, and that one has been crossed a long time ago. Wallriding, speedbreakers and stuff like that... Now THAT's stupid...
Dragon-of-Rune wrote:Plain 4th grade thinking. You have realism in gameplay (like Gran Turismo) and realism in elements. It's the realism in elements i want to see, and still keep the game play arcade style. So if you think it should be more fantasy/arcade style with no realism, i suggest you start playing old school games like rollcage or mario kart again. Because in nfs games you should have the feeling that you can do that aswell if you wanted to in rl. In the first parts you had hot exotic cars racing each other on tracks that could be real, but it still had a arcade style gameplay. That is what i want to see. Tracks that are made up but still look like it was copied of a real place on this earth. So you have the feeling you are accually racing on a real road. And not on a customized fantasy track. I also want the same elements for the cars, it must look real not fantasy. NFS should go back to the original concept and improve it.
Couldn't agree more.
Bojan wrote:The current NFS games' tracks are no more fantasy like that in the old games. I mean come on, aquatica with an underwater glass tunnel? Corsica with 4 lane roads? Mediterranean with wide roads and windmills?
The only difference is that the old games had more worldly tracks while the new ones have north american worlds.
Never thought about that, but now that you mention it... NFS has become too American, that's probably why it's become so boring. There's really no big variation in the tracks anymore. :(
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Morty wrote:
Bojan wrote:The current NFS games' tracks are no more fantasy like that in the old games. I mean come on, aquatica with an underwater glass tunnel? Corsica with 4 lane roads? Mediterranean with wide roads and windmills?
Never thought about that, but now that you mention it... NFS has become too American, that's probably why it's become so boring. There's really no big variation in the tracks anymore. :(
To be honest, I felt weird racing in Aquatica in High Stakes. I mean, it's a closed circuit track in some science centre/park themed place, and just police squad just came out of nowhere to bust us. Sure, I love the chase. But I actually prefer how the tracks are designed now, at least in Most Wanted, where there is actually a Police Department Headquarter. And so does Undercover.

At leas that makes the pursuit more real in a sense that we know where the police came from rather than just having them appear out of nowhere, literally (reason I said literally is because they actually do appear out of nowhere). :)

Just my 2 cents.
UberSil
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UberSil »

I thought that the police came from the sky? I remember seeing in MW police cars actually falling from the sky. And I think I may have seen one do the same in Undercover.

As to realistic driving...well, we'll never get the real thing but do we want to see NFS become MarioKart? I like driving over lightposts and signs and stuff. It gives me bounty...which is useless but has red text. And it's not like the lightposts slow me down.

Return to “NFS 2022”