Bit of everything
46%

Total votes: 102

Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Re: - What would YOU like to see next -

Post by Sir Tristan »

McLaren - ano, it never was meant to be a simulator. But it's just SO naive, the cops stuff. I think it would work either if cops could waste (immobilise) your car after some time (or damage it, you could only survive 2 roadblocks, maybe 4 if you had a big grand tourer like BMW M6, maybe 1 if you had a little light roadster like Elise) OR if you couldn't immobilize them - EITHER WAY, there should be much less cops and therefore more drama and less feeling of driving a tank, and more emotions - cos the targets of destroyin stuff make all pursuit stuff so normal - you should be frightened of them! If they caught you once you would lose your precious ride...
And the damage should be paid for, after the race you decide what to fix and that

I'm VERY tired of American Metropolis - there should be little freeroams located in Italy, Spain, Greece, UK, Germany, USA, Australia - with different speaking cops, storylines and missions as well as characters.

Tuning/Customization should be limited or BANNED on supercars, and classes should be based on power/weight ratios and stuff, not rubbish Muscle Tuner Exotic and Tiers division.
Cos Porsch or Merc ain't no exotic - and what's the definition? Muscle car=American? Ya, right, why's Ford GT an exotic? Muscle car=big V8 in the front and RWD? WTH's DB9 and XKR doing in exotic? Tuner-Japanese Import - c'mon, Scirocco, Golf and Clio V8 are European, so should be exotic then... Also Viper and Corvette have typically Exotic qualities.
Classes for me: Sports Cars, Compact Cars, Saloons/Wagons
Also where are all the roadsters/convertibles?

The only TRUE exotics are cars like Cizeta which are rare.
And EA, why the only classic cars are Muscles? Why do you FOCUS on them?
Marius_08
Stock
Stock

Post by Marius_08 »

I would like something like Underground 2, especially for the car parts (headlights, rear lights, trunk...) with new cars, and new parts.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Sir Tristan wrote:McLaren - ano, it never was meant to be a simulator. But it's just SO naive, the cops stuff. I think it would work either if cops could waste (immobilise) your car after some time (or damage it, you could only survive 2 roadblocks, maybe 4 if you had a big grand tourer like BMW M6, maybe 1 if you had a little light roadster like Elise) OR if you couldn't immobilize them - EITHER WAY, there should be much less cops and therefore more drama and less feeling of driving a tank, and more emotions - cos the targets of destroyin stuff make all pursuit stuff so normal - you should be frightened of them! If they caught you once you would lose your precious ride...
And the damage should be paid for, after the race you decide what to fix and that

I'm VERY tired of American Metropolis - there should be little freeroams located in Italy, Spain, Greece, UK, Germany, USA, Australia - with different speaking cops, storylines and missions as well as characters.

Tuning/Customization should be limited or BANNED on supercars, and classes should be based on power/weight ratios and stuff, not rubbish Muscle Tuner Exotic and Tiers division.
Cos Porsch or Merc ain't no exotic - and what's the definition? Muscle car=American? Ya, right, why's Ford GT an exotic? Muscle car=big V8 in the front and RWD? WTH's DB9 and XKR doing in exotic? Tuner-Japanese Import - c'mon, Scirocco, Golf and Clio V8 are European, so should be exotic then... Also Viper and Corvette have typically Exotic qualities.
Classes for me: Sports Cars, Compact Cars, Saloons/Wagons
Also where are all the roadsters/convertibles?

The only TRUE exotics are cars like Cizeta which are rare.
And EA, why the only classic cars are Muscles? Why do you FOCUS on them?
Less cops is not a bad idea at all. But your idea of getting caught once and instantly getting your car confiscated is ridiculous. Do you know how annoying that would be?

Customization and tuning on supercars to be banned... stupid idea. Limited, yes. But not too limited. Put some reasonable customization features for supercars and some extra, that would be good enough.

Also Muscle, Tuners and Exotics were good labels. And not only extremely rare vehicles like the Cizeta-Moroder V16 are exotics, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Pagani and such... the real deal.

I'd like to see them as "Sports, Tuners, Sedans, Coupes, Supercars,."

Sports... well, Lamborghini, Porsche, you know the drill.

Tuners - import tuners. Mazda, Nissan and such.

Sedans - Stuff like Toyota Prius, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Malibu, etc.

Coupes - BMW M3 Coupe and such...

Supercars - Grand tourers and muscles shall also fall into this category.
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

The confiscating of the car is not what I meant - I meant that the player should see cops as something strong that IS going to bust them if they dont make a quick getaway.

But Muscle-Tuner-Exotic...
The classes of Compacts, Sportscars, Supercars and such I like the most.
Cos an XKR is an exotic - but it has all of the Muscle qualities - big V8 at the front and RWD. And a Viper has V10.
Oh, so Muscle must be American? Why is a Monaro in it and why Ford GT isn't?
Tuners must be Japanese imports... Megane, Golf, Clio V6 are European so should be Exotic... right? Cos everything that falls into the Exotic thing should be European. And why the hell the only classic cars are muscle?! They hurt my exotic character by not putting a proper competition for the old muscles (911 930, Ferrari 328, Daytona, Jaguar E-Type or XJS... even Datsun 240Z)

And the meaning of Exotic... It's something that is not common. Porsches and Mercs, also entry level Ferraris & Lambos are common and at least well known. They're just supercars/sports cars, for God's sake!
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Tracks that have checkpoints instead of you being locked in the track (like burnout paradise or midnight club)+ a track editor ( free roam map and you can put the checkpoints where you want).
Decent AI that actually drives properly without "cheating".
I really don't care what cars they put in if it's balanced.
Also free roam that's like Underground 2 with cops.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:I'd like to see them as "Sports, Tuners, Sedans, Coupes, Supercars,."

Sports... well, Lamborghini, Porsche, you know the drill.

Tuners - import tuners. Mazda, Nissan and such.

Sedans - Stuff like Toyota Prius, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Malibu, etc.

Coupes - BMW M3 Coupe and such...

Supercars - Grand tourers and muscles shall also fall into this category.
what the crap impala prius - Sedans are more like the Toyota Chaser, BMW M5, Audi RS4... well, at least the sports sedans.

Honestly, I agree that cars should not be subdivided that rigidly. Instead, I think that cars should have "tags" attached to them, like "4WD", "RWD", "Lightweight (less than 3000lbs)", "Four-door", "Rotary engine", "Big Power (500+HP)", "Japanese", "Pricey (total cost > $60000)" etc, and that races should be sorted by this. In addition, the ranking system should be based in part on raw HP numbers, skidpad rating, etc.
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

Pro street,underground mix,where you can buy daily drivers,and at day visit the race track that`s in the city you live in,and when night comes,you get to the nearest race or car show where you can show off.And also the same things available online.This will never happen,will it?
MarioManeski
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MarioManeski »

And you can buy secondhand cars,because there is no point at buying a NEW 1969 charger in 2009?Right?And also there should be a junkyard with some old racing cars,maybe not in driving condition,so you tune them,and with the right combination,you get a monster.There should be new car showrooms around the city,like in TDU,and tuning houses like in FnF,with real names and real tuning parts,or like in Midnight club 3 Dub edition remix.I would like to hear the music from Midnight club 3.And how about having the ability to save decal presets and buy cars with scratches on,or with terrible paint.What about having the ability to fix your own engine.I mean,The game that is called Street Rod(for DOS) is even better than crappy undercover with that most wanted yellowness from which i get a headache.Nuff said?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I like the idea of second hand cars.. Heh! I think it'd help us save a lot of money for performance upgrades. Visual aren't that necessary after all. The more scratches it has, the more bada** it looks. :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I remember Used Cars in Porsche Unleashed. I have to admit, such a feature would be interesting to see in a newer NFS game.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:A mix of MW and Underground incorporating some elements from old school.
:D I agree with you completely! Underground and Most Wanted are pretty much my 2 favourite NFS games and a hybrid of the 2 would be awesome. It would be awesome to include a massive city incorparating all the games' cities from UG1 to Undercover (obviously exculding Prostreet) like the concept behind World Online, dynamic weather, more vehicles and a new graphics engine- the Most Wanted engine is too dated for me. As for HP2 (''oldschool''), I haven't played it myself but from the feedback I've been given it sounds pretty cool.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

MarioManeski wrote:And you can buy secondhand cars,because there is no point at buying a NEW 1969 charger in 2009?Right?And also there should be a junkyard with some old racing cars,maybe not in driving condition,so you tune them,and with the right combination,you get a monster.There should be new car showrooms around the city,like in TDU,and tuning houses like in FnF,with real names and real tuning parts,or like in Midnight club 3 Dub edition remix.I would like to hear the music from Midnight club 3.And how about having the ability to save decal presets and buy cars with scratches on,or with terrible paint.What about having the ability to fix your own engine.I mean,The game that is called Street Rod(for DOS) is even better than crappy undercover with that most wanted yellowness from which i get a headache.Nuff said?
8) Cool Ideas, building on the second hand cars, they could have like an EBAY sort of thing where you can pick up second hand cars for bargains, but the cars could be dodgy in some minor way as a trade off. The TDU thing was cool, I played that and the brand showrooms is a great idea, I haven't yet come across a real showroom selling every car under the sun
scotth123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by scotth123 »

i'd like to see a game more like underground but with cops, underground style cars (japanese imports and euro hatchbacks) nfs undercover style customisation but with more variety of aftermarket parts, especially more bodykits so you can make your cars realy unique, and also its a little ricer but i think you should be able to change small things like headlight, taillights and side mirrors again, just again to make your cars more unique. And also i think online should be a kind of cruise/car show, where you can view other peoples rides maybe buy or sell rides, but more important than online is the gameplay itself which i believe hasnt really been the same since most wanted, i mean alot of people liked carbon but for some reason i really didnt. I agree with Robi_26 except the tuning should be a mix of underground and undercover, but parts you put on your car should affect perfomance like in Forza motorsport 2, and therer doesnt really need to be an really in depth story line, it could just be like underground just kinda racing for the sake oof it. anyway ill stop now because i really could go on forever with my ideas on how to make a great need for speed but obviously everyones opinions are different and most of my ideas will probably be hated lol.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah from my heart it's saying "hybrid of UG's and MW" but my brain is saying " INNOVATION! The game's been the same but with a different paint job, there think they've mastered the gameplay with MW so they stick to that path and try to innovate in other catergory's, which gives nothing to the gameplay!"

Im split, we gotta do both a HYBRID OF MW & UG and PROVIDE GAMEPLAY INNOVATIONS.

IMO I think they've taken the first step with SHIFT, NITRO and WORLD ONLINE so let's see were they're like and then bag the worst one.

PS. Are they still doing the 4th unknown game
12th Cylinder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 12th Cylinder »

4th unknown game = Underground 3
That's it. I've grown tired of being ignored. I am officially leaving NFSUnlimited.net.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I wouldn't actually mind that cos I thoroughly enjoyed the Underground series so lets bring on ridiculous amounts of neon and front bumpers!
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

I would prefer something along the lines of UG 2.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

yeah I even completed UG2 3 times despite it's grinding sort of gameplay, which from what I've heard most people can't be bothered.
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

it's my most favorite NFS game but I only beat it once. (and my most favorite game I never beat)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

In all seriousness though, they really need to innovate and find a new formula which everyone will look at it as they do with HP2 and UG2
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Stoplight

Post by Lucky 13 »

SHIFT is gonna be great (assuming I can get a PS3), but next year do an open world on console pl0x. You're going to capture the adrenalin of closed track racing with its wrecks and tight finishes, next try and tackle the unbridled andrenalin of heads up street racing. Stoplight drags, cop chases, and traffic always getting in the way.

-Keep exotics out of the lineup. When's the last time you raced a Lambo from a 20mph roll? Uh huh, never. Maybe a limit of $70,000 or equivalent on a car's real world price when new would be good.
-Keep out drift, except for canyon drifts and touge.
-Leave the crazy kits and retarded spoilers out plz.
-Keep the tier system. 180mph Civics make a game feel really tacky.
-Any circuits or sprints sould be in out of the way places.
-Trunk audio and the like need to stay out again. I'm not saying the audio system shouldn't be customizable though.
-Autosculpt can be canned.
-Keep those 1K layers and licensed parts!
-NOS should function as it does in real life.
-Instead of choosing level 1, level 2, etc, the cars should use actual performance parts, identified by brand, and, if applicable, product name. This includes tires.
-Maybe include a displacement increase mod for select cars?
-Say yes to the '69 Nova SS396, '57 Bel Air, and '32 Ford "duece coupe".
-Keep the physics realistic.
-A fully customizable soundtrack! Make a deal with iTunes or Wal-Mart Music Downloads or whoever that plauers can, while playing this game, connect to their online music store and expand the games soundtrack with their tracks/albums, if not for free then at a reduced price and/or after completeing achievements in the game.
-Standard (as in real world normal) and vanity plates, or even custom front plates! Licensed, of course.
-Cars should be unlocked a whole tier at once, but parts need no unlocking once an applicable car has been unlocked.

Oh and I forgot to mention it needs blackout head/tail lights available and a '95 Mustang Cobra R.

Then the year after that, maybe try an offroad game with Jeeps and the redneck-tastic Chevrolet K10 pickup!

Here's an example of the custom plate thing. This one could go well with a '67 Camaro.

Thanks to licenseplates.tv for this image (Yay platemaker)
Last edited by Lucky 13 on 16 Jun 2009, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
*farts*
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Merged your NFS Stoplight topic into this one.

Ooh and please don't double post.
numberONE
Stock
Stock

Post by numberONE »

Old school but I wouldn't mind customization. It's just I want a simpler non-Hollywood NFS game.
teddyprkr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by teddyprkr »

My bad. Whatever is next I'd like to see the increasing customization through tuning and buying parts. When I get a lot of money I almost have twice the fun upgrading cars and goofing around with them compared to actually driving.
MURD3R3D 0U7
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

TheStig wrote:Merged your NFS Stoplight topic into this one.

Ooh and please don't double post.
oh yeah sorry about the double post above it was just i was trying to quote 2 different people and 2 separate posts was easier

Return to “NFS 2022”