What about NFS 2009?

The Future of Need For Speed
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

What about NFS 2009?

Post by Hydro_PT »

I've seen that we have here a section for each NFS game released so far, and we also have a section for an upcoming NFS, which will be released in 2010. But what about NFS 2009? Did you forget that there will be a new NFS game this year? I'm sure we are going to have one.

The teams were divided, each one working on its own tittle, but they still release NFS games every year.

"When this change was implemented in mid-summer 2007, one team started working on Undercover (giving it only a 16.5 month development cycle), while the other team finished ProStreet and then started working on the next title.

ProStreet was finished (probably) around November 2007. Since then, the "ProStreet team" is working on the next tittle, which must be released around November 2009 to give them the 2 years development cycle. And then in 2010 we will have the release of another NFS game, which is being done by "NFS Undercover team".

Even on Wikipedia, it appears "Need For Speed XIII (2009)" and under that:

"When talking about Undercover, John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts CEO, also confirmed a thirteenth Need for Speed title is under development. The development of this title started after ProStreet."

So uh, am I missing something here? Why don't we have a section for this year's NFS and just for 2010 NFS?

I don't think I'm wrong, and sorry if I'm somehow mistaken, but I don't think so. At least, from what I know, it makes sense what I just wrote. :?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: What about NFS 2009?

Post by Bojan »

NFS2010 (working title) is the next NFS being released, which will probably come out in november 2009.
The naming is similar to EA Sports games - FIFA that came out 2 months ago was FIFA09.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

.. it's released at the end of 2009 for the year 2010, when people will actually be playing it. Get it?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Hmm... well, ok, but it should be NFS 2009 and not 2010. Because NFS games don't follow the same criteria as Fifa games do. While you don't know the official title, you must describe the game by putting "NFS [year of release]".

So, it's NFS 2009 and not 2010. Unless it is going to be released next year, which I don't believe, EA always set NFS releases for November.

GT3x24x7: I think you're wrong there. :)

At the end of each year everyone has already played the new NFS, no one is saving it for the next year. The game is released on November just because it's been like that for ages. It doesn't mean it's meant to be played only in the next year.

Well, I have no doubts anymore, sorry if the topic sounded a bit stupid. But I still think you should call it NFS 2009 or XIII instead of 2010. Since this is not FIFA, it can give people the wrong impression. Plus, it doesn't make much sense...

:mrgreen:
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Hydro_PT: I think you're wrong there. :D
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I don't think so. :D

But OK, I understand your point of view. But I think mine makes more sense, after all, Undercover was never NFS 2009, it was NFS... well, XII or 2008.

:D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Hot Pursuit 2 won an Interactive Achievement Award for Best Racing Game of 2003 despite being released October 2002. It's because there's only a few months difference and it counts as a 2003 game.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Same goes for a car release date, often 2009 models are sold halfway 2008 or so, same goes for the car of the year award, it's revealed well before the start of the new year....

Some things simply work that way, stupid or not.

Return to “NFS 2022”