What cars do we need (for speed)?

The Future of Need For Speed
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: What cars do we need (for speed)?

Post by NaBUru83 »

NaBUru83 wrote: Secondly, we should get more big sedans... and wagons: CLS AMG, M5, Panamera Turbo, Rapide, Quattroporte, CTS V-Series, RS6 Avant, FPV Falcon, HSV Commodore (or however Aussies call them)...
I've found this sports sedan today: Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S. It's actually a Holden Commodore (or whatever), but tuned by Tom Walkinshaw Racing. 564bhp, 0-100km/h in 4.2s. Not bad for a five-meter sedan.

The article mentions the Lotus Carlton / Omega, ie a seriously overpowered Vauxhall Carlton B / Opel Omega A. I've seen it in Gran Turismo 4. It deserves to be a mafia car in World Online or something.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Ah yes, you see a fair few of those over here in Australia, pretty aggressive looking car, isn't it? The only complaint I have about it is that I couldn't see this car visually modded (I'd puke!) otherwise, nice pick.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Some cars I would love to see that are not in the list:

- Dodge Magnum
- 2003 - 2004 Hyundai Accent GT
- Hyundai Tiburan
- Pontiac G6
- Saturn Sky
- TVR
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I think it would be good if the custimization options stayed pretty much the same for visual and performance tuning but it would be nice to see some options from UG2 to make a return (eg headlights, tailights) to make a return for people who like that style of modding. Wouldn't it be great (it would be IMO) to have all those options plus the advanced vinyl system we now have!
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I think it would be good if the custimization options stayed pretty much the same for visual and performance tuning but it would be nice to see some options from UG2 to make a return (eg headlights, tailights) to make a return for people who like that style of modding. Wouldn't it be great (it would be IMO) to have all those options plus the advanced vinyl system we now have!
I completely agree. One of the aspects that I really miss from way back to Underground was that you did not have to take the same BK front bumper as the side skirts or rear bumper. I want to mix and match things more, make it interesting and fun again. Headlights, taillights, even neon trim would be nice to see again.

And mirroring. The number one thing I hated more than anything design wise in Undercover was the lack of mirroring on decals. That made it less appealing for me to design on that game.
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

Even though I like Exotics, I'd like to see some of the older exotics like the Lamborghini Countach. Need For Speed should show more exotic classics.
Tuners are fine as far as I'm concerned. But then again I dont use Tuners much.
I also have no complaints about old school muscle activity in NFS thus far.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Overreactman wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I think it would be good if the custimization options stayed pretty much the same for visual and performance tuning but it would be nice to see some options from UG2 to make a return (eg headlights, tailights) to make a return for people who like that style of modding. Wouldn't it be great (it would be IMO) to have all those options plus the advanced vinyl system we now have!
I completely agree. One of the aspects that I really miss from way back to Underground was that you did not have to take the same BK front bumper as the side skirts or rear bumper. I want to mix and match things more, make it interesting and fun again. Headlights, taillights, even neon trim would be nice to see again.

And mirroring. The number one thing I hated more than anything design wise in Undercover was the lack of mirroring on decals. That made it less appealing for me to design on that game.
Great to hear you feel that way, just if they're gonna have exotics or muscle cars then DO NOT give some idiot the chance to chuck some underglow neon on it lol, just tuners! I'm not a big fan of neon but I have to agree with you on the more intricate body custimization.
An Exotic Classic Said...
Even though I like Exotics, I'd like to see some of the older exotics like the Lamborghini Countach. Need For Speed should show more exotic classics.
Tuners are fine as far as I'm concerned. But then again I dont use Tuners much.
I also have no complaints about old school muscle activity in NFS thus far.
I agree with you about more variety in the exotic list. It's a real pity IMO that brands like Honda and Ferrari will not include their vehicles in games with pursuit chases, Ferrari - it does not degrade you to allow for your car to be in a game "incouraging" cop chase behaviour if opponents such as Lambo. are in it already. Lambo haven't been scrutinised!
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:
Overreactman wrote:

Great to hear you feel that way, just if they're gonna have exotics or muscle cars then DO NOT give some idiot the chance to chuck some underglow neon on it lol, just tuners! I'm not a big fan of neon but I have to agree with you on the more intricate body custimization.
You mean you wouldn't want to see a day-glow Zonda roll by with bright blue neon? :)

And that idea of adding more old exotics is an excellent idea. I would love to see a Testerosa or Countach. I would even settle for an old school Masseratti. Along that same line I would like to see a Datsun Z as well. There are so many great cars in history that get over looked in these games.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

no, I would HATE it if I saw a Zonda with underglow neon lol!

I'm sure the majority of users would second my opinion as well
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lucky 13 »

Actually, a slammed '69 Charger R/T, painted metallic purple with chrome spinners, underglow, and a modern sound system doesn't sound too bad.
*farts*
iBrahim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iBrahim »

I want:

-//M5
-Carrera (Basic Porsche, better & enjoyable tuning)
-A jaguar
tom82
Stock
Stock

Post by tom82 »

hey everybody,

i played every nfs game and i've also made a list of cars a would like to
see in the next nfs-games ;)

. Opel Astra
. Opel Vectra
. Opel Corsa
. new Ford Fiesta
. Ford Mondeo
. Hyundai coupe '08
. Alfa Romeo Spider
. Alfa Romeo 159
. Seat Ibiza
. Seat Cordoba
. Mazda 5
. Mazda 3

i can go on and on...
but as you can see, a lot of normal cars who you can tune up :P
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Lucky 13 wrote:Actually, a slammed '69 Charger R/T, painted metallic purple with chrome spinners, underglow, and a modern sound system doesn't sound too bad.

that better have been sarcastic lol
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

That's apparently PMR style. lol
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:
Lucky 13 wrote:Actually, a slammed '69 Charger R/T, painted metallic purple with chrome spinners, underglow, and a modern sound system doesn't sound too bad.

that better have been sarcastic lol
I think that might work out as one of the boss cars... just for laughs. :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

yeah a bonus car lol
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

I was going to start a thread based on more practical cars needed in NFS but I decided since this thread was made and it seem you guys are on that page I will share a few cars I think are more pratical for the need for speed series that have and have not been used ever.

2003 Dodge SRT-4 (yes basically the neon but stock is better looking)

(any year) Honda CRX: seens some cool customizing from this compact car

92"-01" Honda Prelude: intresting styling has looks like the supra to me in some ways so would be intresting customizing

Lotus Espirit: Just a classic sports car

Mitsubishi 3000GT ( Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi GTO) Would like to see it back in the game was a cool big car for UG2

Nissan 300zx: great car that is seen in Forza series and a few othe games has cool body styling for tuning dream

2007 Hyundai Tiburon: was also a interesting car from UG2

2001-2005 Opel Speedster Great car from the glory days of NFS in the Hot pursuits. ( Lotus Elise I know is the equal but the Opel badging and look has a slight more interest to me).

Mazda Miata MX5 loved the little thing in UG2 nice circuit car that has alot of customizing possibility

93"-97" Subaru WRX: Great Customizing car I think one of the older generation ones is in the Forza Games.

Volkswagen Beetle: yes the bug! I have seen alot fo cool tuning with it and the RSI version would also work its a very cool car

Volkswagen Jetta: Older gens are better looking but any would be intresting circuit cars

and thats about It hope you like.
Ricer
Ricer

Post by supervolvo240 »

i think i got some good ideas:

- 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
- Any fox platform Mustang ('79 - '93)
- 1989 Ford Taurus SHO
- 1987 Merkur XR4Ti
- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (NOT 1971)
- 2008 Volvo C30 T5
- 2010 Ford Taurus SHO or Lincoln MKS Ecoboost
- 2009 Cadillac CTS-V

When it comes to SUVs/CUVs (Underground 3)

- 2010 Ford Flex Ecoboost
- 2009 Ford Edge Sport
- 2010 Lincoln MKX
- 2009 Lincoln Navigator
- 2009 Cadillac Escalade
The power,
the glory
of having a fast Volvo?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

agree with CMuscle1 but I guess were both UG fanboys lol
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

Thanks ya UG2 had a great concept I wish they would have just built on it with police and track racing like prostreet I would have been simple and then add the customizing of prostreet with head lights and tail light option form ug2. Another Suv that would great is the FJ Cruiser :P
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

yeah I really liked the option to change all these small things and if yu don't like all those things on your car then you just don't put them on! But if they're going to have a car list like the previous couple of years then don't let people do it on exotics or muscles we don't want some n00b going around telling everone how cool his lambo is with eyelids and underglow neon
InternationalClassic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by InternationalClassic »

Some cars I'd like to see:

I would like to see more classic muscle cars. Like a 1970 GTO or a 60's mustang.
I'd also like it if they didnt put cars as rare as the veryon in the game cause to me It it's alittle unrealistic even for an arcade game.
Also relating to exotics is that I want you classic ones like the Lamborghini Countach. I'm not say make them the majority but put maybe 2 or 3 in there.
Now tuners are good and have been. really no complaints.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

ah yes I second that InternationalClassic have you noticed that there are no old muscle cars in SHIFT (I think the oldest ccar with the exception of the old skyline is in the 90's) I know they probably aren't the best choice for a track racing game but they're classics you can't leave them out! Maybe they'll release an old muscle dlc but I don't want to pay extra for different cars that just feels wrong! And the Countach would be awesome to drive around in
DzOniZz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DzOniZz »

I prefer japanese cars, especially 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, for me, it could be only this car in the game and i'll still play and enjoy it. But seriously what i want is to see both 1999/2009 supras, 1999/2009 eclipses, celica from U2, 3000GT, ciciv from U2, both lexus IS300/IS350, honda/acura NSX, rsx, integra type R, new civic type R, toyota soarer, toyota mr-2, 2002 mitsubishi galant with V6 engine, of course evo IX/X, skyline,240 SX,200SX,180SX, silvia,350z/370z, honda S2000, mazda RX-8/RX-7,1998 honda accord, hyundai tiburon gt v6 from U2, subaru legacy sedan, not stupid wagon and a lot more imports.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I was shocked when I heard that my beloved '99 Supra wasn't SHIFT it's a real pity imo

Return to “NFS 2022”