EA, don't be a n00btard. Read this before you make more!

The Future of Need For Speed
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: EA, don't be a n00btard. Read this before you make more!

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Better yet, have a tuning system like Gran Turismo (excluding the racing tires) and reform the online system. It may not guarantee anything, but it's worth a try.
did not play Gran Turismo(not a console gamer) so could you give a brief explanation of it?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Better yet, have a tuning system like Gran Turismo (excluding the racing tires) and reform the online system. It may not guarantee anything, but it's worth a try.
did not play Gran Turismo(not a console gamer) so could you give a brief explanation of it?
I would say Gran Turismo is the most realistic driving simulator with heavanly graphics
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:
I would say Gran Turismo is the most realistic driving simulator with heavanly graphics
well if it has better graphics than shift, then its overkill 8) yeah i see Shift graphics as good enough already, Burnout Paradise was good enough for me anyway, while it had rather low reqirements.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

ElvenAvenger wrote:
Tuning-wise:
-SPORTS SUSPENSION-
Game Description: An all-purpose, beginner-friendly suspension kit that
covers all types of driving, from street to circuit. Both front and rear
shock absorbers are adjustable to one of 10 damping force levels. Camber
angle is also adjustable. Clearance is lowered approximately 1 inch in the
front and back. Suspension is not excessively hard and so prevents the car
from bouncing on rough roads.

-SEMI-RACING SUSPENSION-
Game Description: A ride height-altering suspension kit for intermediate
drivers. Spring rate and the shock absorber damping force are harder than
with normal sports suspension. Front and rear ride height is adjustablee in
1-mm increments. Damping force is adjustable to one of 10 levels, and camber
angle is also adjustable, Single high-pressure gas shock absorbers.

-FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE SUSPENSION-
Game Description: Enables tuning of all suspension parts. Adjusts shock
absorbers, replaces springs with ones with different spring rates, and
replaces the stabilizer (anti-roll bar), which controls the vehicle's lateral
roll stiffness. Wheel camber can be changed, and toe-in is also adjustable.
Shock absorber compression (bump) and extension (rebound) are independently
adjustable to one of 10 levels.

-SPORTS MUFFLER AND AIR CLEANER-
Game Description: Combines a less-restrictive replacement sports-model air
cleaner with a low-backpressure sports muffler to improve intake and exhaust
flow. Affordable, yet ideal as a first-time turbo upgrade. Improves high-rpm
torque in non-supercharged engines.

-SEMI-RACING MUFFLER AND AIR CLEANER-
Game Description: A competition-grade air cleaner with urethane sponge filter
is combined with a low-backpressure muffler designed to enhance engine
performance at high rpm. Ideal for large displacement turbo engines. When
using with a non-supercharged engine, proper tuning beforehand is a must.

-RACING MUFFLER AND AIR CLEANER-
Game Description: Delivering even better intake efficiency than the semi-
racing model, this racing air cleaner with a velocity stack is combined with a
high-efficiency straight muffler designed for racing cars that normally
operate in the high-rpm range. Suitable for tunings that maximize peak power
(e.g. Japanese imports that hit the limit of 276 HP). Reduces low-rpm torque
and so requires proper consideration of engine characteristics, gear ratio,
and other factors.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

^ it seems like it would belong in Shift if it was for a NFS
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

I prefer Colin McRae's and MW's easy to use five- or seven-notch bars.
sgtskid
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sgtskid »

the idea that you gave lucky 13 sound alot like you are thinking along my idea.. BRING BACK MOTOR CITY ONLINE
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

If you want something along the lines of Motor City Online, have a look at the NFS World Online Forum.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:If you want something along the lines of Motor City Online, have a look at the NFS World Online Forum.
its kind of motor city online merged with carbon/most wanted with tuners and exotics added, and the tuning is less complex(for sure its not going to be like motor city online)
Phantom_pain33
Drift King
Drift King

Re: EA, don't be a n00btard. Read this before you make more

Post by Phantom_pain33 »

Lucky 13 wrote:There are four routes I see open...

IF YOU GIVE US ANOTHER CUSTOMIZATION GAME...

1. GIVE US OPTIONS! Give us more than ever. Neon, head/tail lights, chop top, maybe even Buick fender vents! Give us total customization, but leave the reputation/visual rating meter on the shelf, thank you very much.

2. GIVE US A BIG, BIG CITY! Bigger than we could ever imagine. Maybe even a huge environment containing large cities and smaller towns, as well as some twistier country roads.

3. GIVE US SOME BETTER CARS! There are six cars I want to see in another car customization game. They are the '32 Ford coupe ("deuce coupe"), the '57 Chevrolet Bel Air, the '69 Chevrolet Nova SS396, the '93 Ford Mustang Cobra, the '95 Toyota MR2 Turbo, and the '04 Acura NSX (I almost think the early '90s version looks better properly modded though). They've put so many legends into these games, but have always those out (with the exception of the MR2, which looks best with the CF Altezza lights that aren't in Carbon).

IF YOU GIVE US AN OLD SCHOOL GAME...

1. CUT OUT THE AVERAGE JOE CARS! I mean, come on. A Civic CX? In an old school NFS, if it can't go from 0 to 60 MPH in LESS THAN eight seconds flat, forget it.

2. MAKE THE TRACKS INTERESTING! Give us some longer, twistier courses than ever before, in new places like Italy (which was admittedly featured once before with Raceway in HS).

3. MAKE THE COPS COOLER! Cop chases should be MW-style. There were things that made them less than enjoyable in pre-MW games.

4. ASIDE FROM THAT, USE HP2'S GRAPHICS AND PHYSICS MODEL! Those were almost perfect - one of the only problems with HP2's graphics was that they were a bit shadowy in places, especially on the car select screen.

IF YOU GIVE US A RALLY RACING GAME...

Bet you never thought about a rally game in the main NFS lineup.

1. GIVE US SELECTION! While the Evo and STi are naturals for a game like this, give us a Jeep Wrangler and a mid 70's Chevy pickup too.

2. GIVE US GOOD TRACKS! I know of a couple decent tracks for a game like this, and they're both within 100 miles of my home. They're called Burma Road and Hatcher's Pass.

IF YOU GIVE US A HARDCORE OFFROAD GAME...

I bet you REALLY never thought of this. I really don't have many suggestions on this one.
Have you heard of the crew?..if not.. that's your game.
emaynes22
Stock
Stock

Re: EA, don't be a n00btard. Read this before you make more

Post by emaynes22 »

Hello all.

After reading all the posts regarding the possibility of a new NFS game, I thought I'd throw my two cents is.

Before I procede, I should mention that I was fairly limited in my ability to purchase NFS games growing up (exclusively played the Underground series, though I did play a little bit of Carbon and I believe the other one was Undercover...dont exactly remember) so my wishes for tr future are definitely skewed.

Ever since U2 was released and a couple years had passed without an Underground 3 of sorts, I decided to do some research of my own into coming up with ideas for my own version of 'Underground 3'

While most of the following ideas are just such, I have tried to incorporate ideas from some other NFS games, as well as throw some of my own in...

Proposed ideas:
Race through the World's greatest cities (Exactly which Cities can always be debated. Candidates I happened to choose were, in order: New York --> London --> Tokyo --> Melbourne --> Rio. This gives the game an international flavor that is similar to Project Gotham Racing 2). After the completion of races in Rio, the main character would fly to Los Angeles forthe final race.
As dor the unlocking of cars and parts, as well as the different cities, I thought it would make sense to keep things simple by keeping it the same as U2. In each city, there would be a host (Like Rachel in U2) who would guide you through their city.
Car selection (at very beginning): this one had me scratching my head for a long time, due to limitations in NFS choices. In the end, it influenced the decision to keep it to the basic level type cars, as long as they could get going at a reasonable pace (this can also be debated)
There would be a need for a Mini-Map and SMS like in U2 to keep track of tou position and messages
There is one idea I cane up with on my own to include the possibility of having 6 unlockable bonus cars of the exotic variety (we can come up with some ideas and them vote on them, if necessary). They would be unlocked upon the completion of each city, plus after the final race, but to make things fair, they could only be used in QuickRrace mode.

Additionally, the game would feature 8 race types: Circuit, Sprint, Drag, Drift, Street X, URL, SUV and a new one I called the 1-mile 'Knockout Challenge'. This type of race would take place on a drag strip in which te player must have the fastest combined time after four 1/4 mile passes to be declared the winner. If a tie should occur, a fifth pass would be required.
Reputation points would be somewhat similar to U2, but in reverse order. 1 would represent total annihilation, while 5 would represent a victory barely squeaked out. URL races would take place on real lufe road courses and would be points based, like U2.
To keep players on their heels, there is a racing requirement for those who dont use SUVs...They have to complete at least one race of EACH type to be allowed to move to the next city.
The final race of each city would be against the best racer in that city. To make things equal, I search for names on the Internet and ensured that the racer's gender would alternate. Names can be debated, but I chose (in order of the cities listed above): George, Grace, Takuma, Abbey, Karlo, Raquel (the final racer in the game).

Thoughts on these ideas are always welcome and appreciated. While Id like to see the next NFS game be an Underground, I wouldnt be upset if it wasnt. Also, feel free to add in your own ideas.

Return to “NFS 2022”