How about a remake?

The Future of Need For Speed
GrahamD
Ricer
Ricer

How about a remake?

Post by GrahamD »

What about a re-make of NFS III (not to be confused with a sequel). They do it with films, so why not games? For some of us, more reality means less fun. I'd love to see the fantasy tracks like Aquatica etc. given a modern makeover with an up to date graphics engine (maybe even opened up as opposed to closed loop), plus all weather (including snow) and night driving, with insane jumps and indestructable cars. Those not old enough to remember this don't know what they missed.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: How about a remake?

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Interesting idea but I can't see that being too popular in todays society :wink:
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Crysis or Unreal Tournament 3 mod.
korge
ultrataco_nw
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ultrataco_nw »

I'd be happy with a graphically updated NFSII (Not UG2 or HP2) or High Stakes, if only for the sake of nostalgia.
Kimba
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Kimba »

That would be great. NFS 3 with modern graphics engine, night/day driving, rain/snow weather, all original cars remade plus a bunch of new ones (like Ferrari F50, Porsche Carrera GT, McLaren F1, Pagani Zonda, Ferrari F599, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche GT2, Corvette Z06 and so on), all original track remade plus new ones, damage like in Undercover with on/off switch in options, new police cars, new police tactics (roadblocks, spike strips, SUV-s, boxing in from MW and Carbon etc), physics engine that is not sim, but more arcade like NFS 3.
That's about it. I think it would be plenty of fun for fans if they would make this.
GrahamD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GrahamD »

With a modern graphics engine, gameplay would probably look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSm_PjTzp94&hd=1
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I have something for you:
Small pursuit recreation (no cops obviously)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8A4gsZb9Fs

Medium lenght pursuit recreation (no cops obviously)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHq6P5qhA4

What I did here is simple: I played NFS Shift with a Murcielago on Nordschleife and a Porsche 911 GT2 on Ambush Canyon, added the Hydrous 606 climax part (when you go at top speed and being chased) and the Snorkeling Cactus Weasels (Redrock ridge) from NFS III Hot Pursuit and a police chat from NFS IV High Stakes on Hometown and Redrock Ridge (sorry for the "diablo" thing but that was the only old school nfs that runs in my PC, win7 64bits doesn't like nfs III and before, and I wasn't going to install NFS HP2). The idea was to "imagine" I was playing a remake lol xD

Now, what I'd like to wish is some kind of mod tool that allows other players to add stuff like police cars or even tracks, that would be awesome, and of course, a "remake" of the good old NFS's could be made...who knows? hehe

Hope you guys can comment it :)
GrahamD
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GrahamD »

I love the Redrock Ridge video. All you need now is the cavern, a few boulders dividing the carriageways and oncoming traffic. Put the fun back into gaming!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Thanks, I'm actually trying to do a modification that allows super agressive AI, trying to imitate police behaviour :)
Chuby
Stock
Stock

Post by Chuby »

hey!!!
i like the idea of a remake of underground 1 or maybe 2, with autosculpt and free roam enviroment (underground 1) and a world map a little more extended with new districts and other stuffs, maybe with the traffic intense of MW or carbon and the highway battle mode of undercover. YEAH!!!
GrahamD
Ricer
Ricer

Crikey, they did it!

Post by GrahamD »

Sorry, I've been out of touch with the whole need for speed scene. Then suddenly I come across the remake of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Well it's news to me anyway, obviously not to anyone else on this forum.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

It sure is, most people on this forum are very interested by the new HP, just check out the Hot Pursuit forum. Plus, it seems of a high quality, for instance it got given a 9.0 from IGN.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I'd like to see DLC for NFSHP with the old tracks and features, now THAT would be ownage :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

They should release a remake pack containing NFS3: HP, NFS 4, NFS 5. Honestly, imagine NFS Porsche with everything untouched but HD graphics added with all the new fancy effects....and all the new Porsches.

And then remake Underground....name it Underground HD, get better graphics, keep everything that is in already, add a few tuner cars and muscle cars like 69 Charger and you got my money...
No need for Autolog, DLC, any other shiznit.

Underground is best out of "tuning" NFSes for me. Best soundtrack, best driving model, nice tuning and cool style points system.

But right now all we will get is NFS Undercover driving model, a "press X to make ur car godlike" tuning and hollywood storyline >>_>>

Return to “NFS 2022”