Street/City (Underground Era) VS Open Country (Begginings)?

The Future of Need For Speed
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Street/City (Underground Era) VS Open Country (Begginings)?

Post by CMuscle1 »

If EA were to release another game tommorow what would you rather have enviroment wise? Would you like to go back to the roots and open up a Lamborgini Diablo SV on a Country road or Dodge traffic in the city with A Nissan skyline R34. Those are the example of the change in NFS over the years HP2 and below was about Exotics and NFSU and above was about the tuners and still domiants it today was that the main excuse in enviroment change? maybe not or maybe so,But the main disscussion is what enviroment whould you rather have no matter what the car? For me I like the open road like HP2 had except most courses you really couldnt open up the cars like i wish they would have on a game. of course eiter enviroment id like a mixture of close course and cop chasing fun but the closed course not so much like previous where they just had arrows blocking u from going off course they need actual walls. Weather would also be a great addition depending on the location. I think a enviroment change back to country would bring alot of people back to nfs with just that and away of course from close course and just a mixture because we all know there trying to be a Forza or GT and its not gonna happen EA its not so go to what you know best and stay in the legal/illegal side. :D
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Street/City (Underground Era) VS Open Country (Begginings)?

Post by CMuscle1 »

Sorry to double post but why no post has something like this been asked? or is the forum this dead?
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

I agree that blocking arrows are horrible. Even if the flashing marks stay, cars should be abled to cross them and therefore get lost. Moreover, I'd change the current racing system for a checkpoint-based one. That would allow the player to choose a route rather than follow a predetermined path with limited shortcuts.

World Online is supposed to recover exotic places a la HP2 and older. I really hope that it does, since it's the most true NFS game of the three.
InternationalClassic
Ricer
Ricer

Post by InternationalClassic »

NaBUru83 wrote: I'd change the current racing system for a checkpoint-based one. That would allow the player to choose a route rather than follow a predetermined path with limited shortcuts.
NFS+checkpiont racing= Midnight Club with hollywood storyline.

If I were you I would go get me Midnight Club Los Angeles if you want that. Thats not Need For Speed.

But back on topic. I guess I would want begginings because thats when you were'nt stuck in one city. you could race around the world which is cool and thats what I think need for speed needs.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

CMuscle1 wrote:Sorry to double post but why no post has something like this been asked? or is the forum this dead?
No because this has been asked like 1 million times.
CMuscle1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by CMuscle1 »

At leasts its not what cars do you want list for the the billionth time lol
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I always go for the rural/country/desert/ and other scenic environments. The most popular NFSs have had at least one of the three as its base.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

InternationalClassic wrote:
NaBUru83 wrote:I'd change the current racing system for a checkpoint-based one. That would allow the player to choose a route rather than follow a predetermined path with limited shortcuts.
NFS+checkpiont racing= Midnight Club with hollywood storyline.

If I were you I would go get me Midnight Club Los Angeles if you want that. Thats not Need For Speed.
I've never played Midnight Club, so I can't tell anything.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i would prefer the city racing, not because of all that "yo yo ma spoiler is bigger than y0ur" but because i prefer the cheaper cars, that you COULD afford while being rather average Joe, and because of customization(no , again not pink bmw's with vinyls)

Return to “NFS 2022”