Another new NFS in the works?

The Future of Need For Speed
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Another new NFS in the works?

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:Although that might work (Croteam did it with Serious Sam: The First and Second Encounter), somehow I don't think an "NFS III: Hot Pursuit HD" will work for critics or "fans" who will play pretty much any NFS game that lets them rice up their vehicles. We hardcore fans will love it, but will EA be willing to do it just for that? They'll probably want to add something more. We'll see though.
thats why i said more cars, more tracks and stuff. by the way can you tune cars in NFS Nitro?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I dunno why the 'vets' are against tuning. Tuning is a necessary part of setting up a car for racing be it street, Grand Touring (Hot Pursuit style), track or rally. Some of the combinations possible are painful to the eyes, but there is no need for random ingame generators for AI or whatever. It's easy enough to create say 20-30 liveries for the AI and keep them specific to the AI name. For the idiots with flaming Pink Lambo's well let them. You don't have to do it, but get a good laugh out of it when some 12 yr old pops into a race with one ;)

Personally I love the modifying aspect of the NFS games. No game has nailed it yet, though NFS U2 came close. Only issue there was the butt ugly selection of parts. A bit more attention to detail and a good discussion with some tuning houses and we could end up with a truly good platform to race with :)
Though I am worried about some of the RE Amemiya kits. They've made about 2 good ones for the RX-7 out of 10 or so :o
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah I would definitely agree about U2 coming the closest, boy was that vast, and btw, check out the showroom, on their own a lot of those parts are very ugly, but can be put to use extraordinarily. Check out users like Moe-Z-, D-ToX and Kostovmilica9 for examples.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Exactly. I think if EA did their homework and go in touch with some of the major and minor bodykit manufacturers they could make a game that would be astounding. Hell there are so many stunning kits out there (and just as many terrible ones) for the RX-7 (Poster child of the series since Underground) yet not one is ingame. That to me is just astonishing.

Even categorise them as parts, full or wide kits. so you get the options available for them. The ball is in EA's court and at this rate Polyphony Digital are going to steal it in October/November tim ;)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Hmmm but don't expect a hot pursuit game this year. Cop games are:

NFS3
NFS6
NFS9
NFS12

next hide-and-run from the police game will most likely be NFS15. A new one each three years lol.

Shift is NFS13.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Wow, I've never noticed that. XD
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

If Shift is NFS 13 then World is 14, and NFS by Criterion is supposed to be 15. considering they want to really bring it back to its roots it may be another Hot Pursuit style game.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

World doesn't count as 14, due to it being an MMO.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Why not? It's still a NFS game...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

It's a mixture of two older NFS games. It's not really new ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Doesn't really change anything imo though, it's still a release.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “NFS 2022”