Sick of Windows Movie Maker?

Come here to discuss game related movies/production.
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

Ok so I just got fraps on my new pc and it works really good at full size and 30 fps . But I was wondering does anyone know what I should set my nfsu game on to make the videos come out nice , 640x480 , 800x600 , 1024x768 , 1280x960 or 1280x960 . I thinkI saw a topic about this on this website somewhere before , but I have been searching for 2 days now and I can't find it . Also does the size of my game 640x480 , or whatever I set it on have anybearing on the file size of my movies . I would think that the bigger my screensize the bigger my file would be . :D
DarK_AssassiN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by DarK_AssassiN »

I have Vegas Video 5 and Adobe Premiere Pro. All together thats $1258 dolloars worth of proffesional video editing software :twisted: . I also have Fraps 2.0.0.0, which if you didnt know is the best program to record with (and it adds, I think, $20 to it all) :wink:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I have Ulead VideoStudio 7 and it works like a charm! :D
dreadxx9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dreadxx9 »

use video vegas a free 30 day trial and it only takes 20 mins to download ive used it for my cs movies just type video vegas on google and u should find it
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I used recently Adobe Premier when i participated in a special workshop about clip editing - it is very nice program, and best is that it works well with Adobe Photoshop.
technoghost
Ricer
Ricer

Post by technoghost »

premiere is industry standard along with final cut (apple)... i'm talking about editing not effects, effects you have the likes of shake and after effects which are the industry standard. motion is taking the industry slowly.
technoghost
Ricer
Ricer

Post by technoghost »

John T, Herder wrote:Ok so I just got fraps on my new pc and it works really good at full size and 30 fps . But I was wondering does anyone know what I should set my nfsu game on to make the videos come out nice , 640x480 , 800x600 , 1024x768 , 1280x960 or 1280x960 . I thinkI saw a topic about this on this website somewhere before , but I have been searching for 2 days now and I can't find it . Also does the size of my game 640x480 , or whatever I set it on have anybearing on the file size of my movies . I would think that the bigger my screensize the bigger my file would be . :D
it all depends on what resolution you want your movie to be at, 640X480 works fine with everyone i guess and is considered good quality as a movie. now if your system can't take it, you can always capture at 320X240 (half-size capture in fraps), which still is a reasonable quality. now onbviously if you capture @ 1024 X 768 or above, file size will increase drastically and unless u have a kickass system there's a high chance the framerate will drop.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I have Premiere 7, but it needs SSE instructions on my procceccor, and I don't have that. :(
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

yo dude is ulead free? my friend told me its good but i dont know if im gunna get it :? . if its too expensive i prolly wont but if its free woo-hoo!

tell me plz i need a good program! :o
UndrgrndTw2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by UndrgrndTw2 »

no, primere is not a good isea for nfs movie production, unles u already have it. i got Pinnacle Studio 9 and then , ummm, "caused chainges" shal we say (wink) and "upgraded" to pro. i already had studio when i started this nfs movie, so it worked out nicly
nfs_fan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nfs_fan »

i am using sony vegas 6 and unleed video 7.0
i think they are the best for editing vides:)
nfs_fan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nfs_fan »

windows movie maker sucks!!!!!

Return to “UMP General Discussion”