A breakthrough with Fraps

Come here to discuss game related movies/production.
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

A breakthrough with Fraps

Post by UrQuattro »

Remeber how them movies are alwasy jitterish when recording with Fraps? Well, I finally solved that! Finally! The trick is using OLD Fraps - 1.9D, using 800-600 resolution. That's it. After that it's so smooth it's unreal. I've recorded some nice Audi R8 clips and hopefully it will be out sometime soon... Muahaha!

Just one thing - old Fraps doesn't record sound.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Mmmm I'll try it again for NFS 4 with that.... maybe it works better now...

I don't mind the sound cause it never worked well so
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Well, that's the thing. Recording even at a low resolution (640*480) won't really effect the quality since it records in 640*480 anyway. I thought it would make a noticable difference - but after comparing the file sizes [recorded with different resolution] i discovered they are very similar in size. So no quality change afaik.

Fraps has a VERY GOOD help page. Good luck with your NFS.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

i shuld try to record with a fraps 1.9d i too because i got lots of problems with farps 2
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

ok, well i got fraps 1.9D, and since it has no sound, the movie is pretty boring. :lol: so, how do i transfer a sound file into the movie (like, a song [ex. Beautiful Soudl])...AND, i cant do any transitions in WMM...is there another program where i can use transitions or no?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Wow, you brought up an extremely old topic mate... :?
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

Yeah, I know...but I didnt want to go around making a new topic when there was already an old topic to post in...that's the only reason I did it...and because I need an answer to my question.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Uhm, you need to go find a tutorial for Windows Movie Maker then, cuz its really easy to use. If you can't figure out WMM you won't figure out any other program.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

no, its not that. i know how to work WMM. i mean, i used iMovie maker or sumthing (the MM on Mac), and it was easy...but i cant find an option for transitions...its not in the file menu...is my WMM outdated or sumthin? so.how do i get transitions..i guess thats my question.
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

There is a side menu you can enable that is called TASKS. It's next to all the new/save/delete buttons below the normal menu. If that is enabled you have like 4 drop down menus, the one numbered 2 has a button you can click that says VIEW VIDEO TRANSITIONS. If you click that a nice assorment of them comes up and you just drag and drop. I always use the fade because its easy, clean, and usually works best for what I do.
nfs_fan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by nfs_fan »

try to record with fraps on a medium video details or less(in nfs game option)
that solv my problem:)

Return to “UMP General Discussion”