SHIFT Q&A

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: SHIFT Q&A

Post by Bojan »

The first set of answers is available here: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/article/SHIFT_q_and_a
Next session is planned in a couple of months.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I'm breaking my questions up into an organized list. Hopefully it'll be a little easier on the eyes.
  1. Replay Mode
    1. Will replay mode allow exporting to Windows supported format?
    2. Will replay mode also allow rewinding and fast forwarding, as well as camera control?
  2. Tracks
    1. We're aware that there will be multiple variations of tracks, and they will be tailored to the car being driven. Does this mean that it won't be possible to race on certain variations because of the car we've chosen?
    2. Are tracks destructible?
  3. Customization
    1. Once again, will there be separate bumpers and side skirts, or will body kits come only as a pack?
    2. Will body parts affect performance?
    3. Will autosculpt affect performance?
    4. Is there a mirror option available for decals and vinyls?
    5. Does mirroring a decal result in a backwards image or the proper orientation?
  4. Graphics Engine
    1. Will it support DirectX 11, or only DirectX 10?
    2. Is there significant loss of quality when played on DirectX 9?
    3. Is there support for PhysX to handle the physics engine?
  5. Miscellaneous
    1. We've seen leaked gameplay videos with damage. Damage felt like it was an afterthought with body parts not crumpling as they should. Is that what we can expect in the final version, or will damage be more realistic?
    2. Is damage cosmetic, or will it affect performance?
    3. Are there plans for a car to total if it gets too much damage? And I don't mean like in ProStreet where the only way to total in all non-drag races was to flip over.
Sorry if these are too specific. More coming soon.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

will there be splits screen for PC and others console ?
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

-Are we going to have tandem drifts?
-How about drag?
-How are the vinyls like? Are there many different types like flames, tribals, tears, shapes? And can you mirror them (and decals)
-How is the paint system like? Can we have special colors like pearlescent?
-Is there any show styled parts (rims, bodykits) or is everything race styled?
-Does the vinyls show in online?
-Can we change rear- and headlights, register plates (aston martin got british flag), exhaust, window tint
-Does the engine look different if we change it? How about other parts like turbo and intercooler?
-How much work have you done with the engine sounds? Like does the engine sounds change when we buy new engine?
Last edited by Rizur on 20 May 2009, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

NFS Shift sounds very similar to Race Driver: Grid. Half-sim half-arcade physics engine; a mixture of legal street racing and real circuit racing; moderately- to high-powered sports cars and a few hatches and sedans... Race Driver: Grid was launched in 2008 and its sequel is expected to go for sale in 2010. What are the key aspects of NFS Shift that will make it stand out from the Race Driver: Grid saga? What aspects are completely different between them?
xD4N73x
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xD4N73x »

In the Q&A nfsunlimited.net published a couple of days ago the Shift producer said that there are going to be fictional and real tracks like laguna seca. So my question is, although someone already asked it, the nurburing circuit is going to be in the game?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Q1 With 1,000 layers of vinyl possible will we see a much larger range of vinyls to choose from and what % of those are going to be recycled from previous games?
Q2 Will these vinyls be based around track racing or will we have the tear/stripe/flame/body/modern etc included for people who want to go for a "street" look?
Q3 From one screenshot released it seems as though we will be able to paint bodyparts seperately reminiscent of UG2 - is this the case? Also, will we have more intricate body parts like the UG series?
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

Can we paint or put vinyls on windows?
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Another Q from the latest interview - you say that the driver profile tells you how aggressive or calculated you drive and you unlock parts according to how you play and that a aggressive driver and a calculated driver will have totally different looking cars. The question is what if someone wants a certain visual mod and he cannot buy it as he drives in a certain way and cannot unlock it? Will you have parts being unlocked at different times and will by the end of the game all parts be unlocked?
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

My question is just one, Will there be a Photo Mode in Shift? That is all I want to know
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Racemaniac wrote:My question is just one, Will there be a Photo Mode in Shift? That is all I want to know
Will there be a decent Photo Mode? Will there be adjustments like exposure time, colour filters, camera angle and zoom (like GT4, for example)? Because in the last NFS installments, camera options were nearly fixed - even the camera position was seriously limited.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

NaBUru83 wrote:
Racemaniac wrote:My question is just one, Will there be a Photo Mode in Shift? That is all I want to know
Will there be a decent Photo Mode? Will there be adjustments like exposure time, colour filters, camera angle and zoom (like GT4, for example)? Because in the last NFS installments, camera options were nearly fixed - even the camera position was seriously limited.
Great!I had completely forgotten that. So that changes mine and NaBUru83's question. Will there be a decent Photo Mode in Shift? Although it does kind of look like that judging from all the car screens. GT4's Photo Mode was uptil now the best I have ever come across.

Return to “SHIFT”