Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

Post by Overreactman »

There is not doubt that is on the christmas list. Vista has got to go. Actually, screw it I am going to go and pre-order it now.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

well lets not doing anything crazy haha. but if u want to. but i cant say that it will fix ur shift problem lol
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

All this Vista bashing... Vista 64 is more stable than XP 32 on my PC, it really isn't thaaat bad. Vista seems to be pretty good stability wise... and remember... this is a game for Vista. The problem lies with Shift or the Drivers. Have you tried using the generic PnP ones that are included with the OS?

If that doesn't work... maybe the driver install broke something... A fresh OS install is most likely to fix it no matter what one it is. Not sure if running CCleaner registry maintenance could help too.

I had something similar with COD4 (on XP)... I changed the CPU and it refused to work after that, despite uninstalls and re-installs. No issues after an OS re-install though.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

vista bashing because the laptop with vista of my mom works as slow as my 1.7 ghz(single core) 512 mb ram geforce 4200 ti
pc with xp with both being only work pcs no gaming. the specs of laptop: 1.5 dual core 2gb ram and some laptop card, aero disabled etc. shiznit.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

I bash cause I can? :)

Seriously, I have a pre built and it did not come with vista discs. This is my dumb question of the day, but how do I reinstall the OS without the install discs and serial numbers?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

vista on laptop is bad work to much stress on it. but yes on a desktop vista has its u now but still win 7 is great. baumaxx1 might be right with a fresh install. i use Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean my computers so far they work well. try that out if u like.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Overreactman wrote:I bash cause I can? :)

Seriously, I have a pre built and it did not come with vista discs. This is my dumb question of the day, but how do I reinstall the OS without the install discs and serial numbers?
for all i know, you can somehow redeem the serial number , though DONT ask me how, because i only had it done twice by the shop i bought parts in(and the windows too...whole pc actually) , not sure about reinstalling without the discs though. hope i helped...well not much :lol:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

This is straying too far from the topic. Please stick to discussion of NFS Shift bugs n' glitches m'kay.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

sorry bout that. i just played the demo on ps3 havent found any bugs yet but im looking hard for them haha.
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

There is a bug I've experienced once in a while, but today it happened in every race I did.

If I do a Quick Race and don't alter the selection of car to use, ie use the active car in my garage, it will change just as I press enter and the race will start with a different car. Every time it chose the car two slots to the left of the one I wanted to use, so I sold that car, but then it just used the one that filled the gap. Very annoying...
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

So how is everyone dealing with Shift after 1 month? Are the major bugs being fixed and cleared up?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

EA released just one patch until now, and it makes the game better. You have mouse control and the loading times are much faster. Other than that, I haven't see any improvement, but then I didn't find many bugs.

Now I only play SHIFT to take a car for a ride at Norschleife or to tune one. I'm still "waiting" to buy the game and play online (problems with money hehe).
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i myself dont bother with the "bad" sides of the game, and enjoy the good ones.
first they should fix bugs, then the vinyl system.
then they can take care of loading times and other stuff(long loading of cars in carlot/garage, weird AI, weird physics(literally forklifting opponents into the air) and damage(i mean, 350 km/h wall smash and you are barely scratched.)
THEN, ea can begin trying to get more money out of us(additional tracks/cars/whatever)
LazicSerbia
Stock
Stock

Post by LazicSerbia »

I didn't have sky and sound in movies lagged.I turned on compatibility for windows 95/98 and FIXED problems.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Lol, what the? It's not even playable on those systems.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

ElvenAvenger wrote:then they can take care of loading times and other stuff(long loading of cars in carlot/garage
Like I said in my last post, EA already fixed that. The loading times are much faster now. :)
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

baumaxx1 wrote:Lol, what the? It's not even playable on those systems.
im with you how is the possible?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I believe he means he enabled Win95/98 compatibility mode on the game executable and that fixed some problems.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah, I know that, but it still doesn't make sense.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Hydro_PT wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:then they can take care of loading times and other stuff(long loading of cars in carlot/garage
Like I said in my last post, EA already fixed that. The loading times are much faster now. :)
still painfully slow, well, actually i dont bother with the car loading...but 1-2...or sometimes 3 minutes long loading?
also the damage is not "unrealistic" its the physics failure there, sometimes it does not "register" the hit like it should, instead it registers only your front scraping against the wall or bumping it and not a full 350km/h head on hit, and sometimes on 150km/h it makes your car a junk piece(example: driving the murcielago(works) and then hit the wall on nordschleife(last corner before end of the shorter version) and what? whole car suddenly was beaten up(hit it with front), even rear, and right side...or the roof. apparently physics are good as long as they work fine but when they get buggy then we get all those stupid damage problems, bouncey bounce, and shoving the cars out of the way.
though i dont know if 3 minutes loading is long...hadnt played any gothic games recently. :lol:
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Then there's something wrong with your installation or your HD. My cars load in about 2 seconds, and loading a race takes about 10 seconds. Before the patch, a car would take 5/6 seconds to load and almost 1 minute for a race to load.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

2 seconds for car loading here too...
some times apparently races do load 10 seconds...but sometimes they load painfully long.
doubt the HD...or could it just make one game go wrong?
also installation is quite fresh...and 0 mods. not using them...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned the Glowing Brakes glitch...

basically, they sometimes grow, and sometimes don't, and sometimes only 1 of the 4 brakes glow... and once they do, they always stay on, whereas in real life, they should be cooled down as soon as the car accelerates again, but not in the game...

and if you pan 3rd person view sideways or watch IN-GAME replays, they glow since the start of the race, but if you watch AFTER-RACE replays, they never glow... and it stops glowing AS SOON as you pass the finish line... like instantly... no fading

here's a video to show that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNNByxw_WVI

also another thing, when I play on keyboard... after SOME of the turns... out of nowhere, my camera starts spinning *3rd person chase cam* and I have to press the key to stop it
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

I know this wouldn't count may or may not count as a bug or glitch. But I can't even race in Shift now. As soon as I start to race, it randomly crashes on me.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

For some reason my Toyota Corolla GTS has 1038.20NM...while the Murcielago has less than 1010 upon max tuning..
and when i switch to third gear on said Toyota it just goes max RPM through whole gear until going into 4th...

Return to “SHIFT”