Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Bugs & Glitches in Need for Speed: SHIFT

Post by Summ »

They drive like they are on a mission to kill you.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

steelsnake00 wrote:
IHATENVIDIA wrote:rant
Why in hells name did you buy an ATI card in the full knowledge they're a dying breed and often not properly supported. The only reason you hate nVidia is because you didn't but the right GPU in the first place.
LOL ATI being a dying breed! My 4890 isn't bad at all, but the now RELEASED 5870 totally rapes all the current nVidia single core range and in about 50% of game rapes the GTX295 dual core using only a single RV880 core. By Dec there will be a 5870x2 out as well and apparently scaling performance has been increased over the 4xxx range :D

Looks like nVidia will have to dig deep to catch ATI's fully DX11 compliant cards (whereas the new nVidia cards are only DX10.1 compliant apparently).
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Bojan wrote:Too many of them, especially on narrow tracks like Ebisu and Autopolis. You always start in the back. They drive aggressively and hit you often. In timetrials there's too many of them on the track and too close together. In series even if you win the first race you still start in the back on all the next.
don't forget Nordschleife... + veyrons... 16 of them...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Kaerar wrote:
steelsnake00 wrote:
IHATENVIDIA wrote:rant
Why in hells name did you buy an ATI card in the full knowledge they're a dying breed and often not properly supported. The only reason you hate nVidia is because you didn't but the right GPU in the first place.
LOL ATI being a dying breed! My 4890 isn't bad at all, but the now RELEASED 5870 totally rapes all the current nVidia single core range and in about 50% of game rapes the GTX295 dual core using only a single RV880 core. By Dec there will be a 5870x2 out as well and apparently scaling performance has been increased over the 4xxx range :D

Looks like nVidia will have to dig deep to catch ATI's fully DX11 compliant cards (whereas the new nVidia cards are only DX10.1 compliant apparently).
GPU power is nothing without the support to back it up. Not only are ATI drivers far worse than nVidia ones, but they're less widely supported by game manufacturers. My 8800GTX will match almost the entire ATI range in the real world sheerly because the driver support is so much better. Plus PhysX support is handy.

Theres no real point digging so madly deep (in financial terms) to buy something like a GTX295 or 5870. Spending £500 on a GPU every 2 years is less financially sensible than spending £200 every year. My old 8800 will run literally anything on max settings at 1280x1024, AA and AF upped to 4-8x without bottlenecking or slowing down...no point upgrading until I find something it wont run at full wack.

When I do upgrade, I'll get a mid-range nVidia, most likely a GTX275. Might be slower than a 5870 but at least I'll have PhysX support and some money left over.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

@Kaerar, steelsnake00 - there's a separate thread for general video hardware discussion. Please take this there.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Well u don't always start in the back at least the moved u to the 'middle" lol.
A very troublesom race was the buggite with about 16 cars on the track hitting speeds of 150 in a blink of an eye.
Well who knows maybe they will release more then 3 patches this time, and have u noticed that they always release a online patch around the following week they release there game?
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

I actually like the AI. I try to drive nicely and not hit anyone in sim racers like GTR2, so when the dumbbumbum AI hits me I think to myself "Oh, so you wanna play it like that huh..." then I just T bone them in the hairpins and use them to get round the corners LOL.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Ok guys Forgive me if this was mentioned before but you cant buy 2 of the same cars! Imagine my horror when I returned to the car lot to buy another RX7 and wtf its gone!!! I dont know if this is a glitch or thats the way the developers intended but it really sucks!!!
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

^I think it's intended. What would you need a second for?
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

one for race and one for dirft maybe?, thats odd i never tired it before so i wouldnt know if it was a glitch or not.
Jackhammer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jackhammer »

hey guys.
i found a bug which is soooo annoying.
sometimes when i finish a race(one of them was long) when that screen which counts your stars shows up...well...it won't count stars and it gets stuck in there.all i could do was close the game from the Task Manager and do that race again.
i dunno if anyone posted that before, so, sorry if it was repetitive.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Summ wrote:^I think it's intended. What would you need a second for?
I wanted to keep one works converted and one at stage 3, keep the stage 3 as a drifter! BTW you cant downgrade a works converted car:(
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

can you drift a works car?
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

So you can take the engine out of both and make a quad rotor :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7F2ttEXWU
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Just found a REALLY annoying bug. I started a tier 3 manufacturers competition with the Corvette Z06 at Donington. At the start of the race you just sit there and can't move, when I rev the engine it just runs out of power.
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

baumaxx1 wrote:can you drift a works car?
Yes you can.
Atominist wrote:
So you can take the engine out of both and make a quad rotor :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au7F2ttEXWU
MAN I LOVE THAT SOUND!!!! If only the RX 7 in shift sounded like that :D

EDIT: (A bit of topic) Cant somebody rip the engine sounds out of pro street and import them into SHIFT? The final stage RX 7 in pro street sounds much closer to the one in that vid.
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

ARGHHHHH, and now the game has started to reset my PC! W.T.F.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

There is an Audio bug concerning the Xbox 360 version. When doing a Drift race in Quick Play, The first round, the EA Tracks play as well as the menu music. You also don't hear the engine of your car. The second round, everything seems fine, except nothing from crashes are audible. The third round is ok. Anyone else notice this?
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Atominist wrote:Just found a REALLY annoying bug. I started a tier 3 manufacturers competition with the Corvette Z06 at Donington. At the start of the race you just sit there and can't move, when I rev the engine it just runs out of power.
it happens with "super muscle cars" like corvette and viper

here's a "quick fix" posted in the EA forums:
• My car won’t move from the Start Line!!!!!!
There is a workaround for this: if you are experiencing the issue in the Ford GT VS Viper SRT10 race then go into your garage and return any of your cars that you have tuned usin g the Advanced Tuning options back to their default states. Once you have done this turn off advanced tuning and perform a manual save. You should then be able to use the Viper in the invitational event. If you have bought either the Corvette or Viper and they fail to start then reset the advanced tuning options you have applied to that vehicle to default, then turn off advanced tuning and then perform a manual save.
We will find a better solution ASAP!
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Cpt.Razkit wrote:There is an Audio bug concerning the Xbox 360 version. When doing a Drift race in Quick Play, The first round, the EA Tracks play as well as the menu music. You also don't hear the engine of your car. The second round, everything seems fine, except nothing from crashes are audible. The third round is ok. Anyone else notice this?
Yep, on PC too.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Had it with the PC version, uninstalled it last week. got the xbox version, i damn hope it's better!
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

For ATi users having issues with this game - some people have reported that simply renaming their shift.exe to grid.exe or whatever else .exe has yielded noticeable peformance increases. Some users have reported a substantial gain in fps. I have yet to try this out myself, but if this works...

source: http://forum.racedepartment.com/406826-post43.html
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nice find Summ.
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

does that trick work? if it do i'm buying it
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Atominist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Atominist »

Hmmm, I do get a better frame rate, but with some graphical problems. Such as cars flickering in the front end of the game, and overly bright tracks. Must be something to do with HDR?

Return to “SHIFT”