Worst corner ever?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Worst corner ever?

Post by Hydro_PT »

@Zedex: I can't confirm that about stability off, because I mastered the corner with it on. Anyway, don't think that mastering the corners at Aremberg, Karoussel and Nurburg means you will have all corners mastered at Nordschleife. It's 4 different tracks, and it's a lot harder trying to master all corners at Nordschleife, because as soon as you finish one corner, you are already being evaluated for the other, so if you miss one corner, you will probably miss the next one too and so on. IMO it's almost impossible to master all corners in one single lap. You must drive perfectly through the race line.

For example, that Karoussel corner is a lot harder to master in the full track than it is on the Karoussel track. ;)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

actually they evaluate exactly the same way =)

37 in full track, and 15, 10, 12 in the other 3
it seems harder because if you miss 1 corner in the full track *especially the last few corners... which I seem to have some trouble as well...* you have to start over again... the ENTIRE track

btw, what car did you use?
any idea on the "minimum speed" required? ... i think that's the biggest problem for me, can't stay fast enough through the corner... because I can follow the line okay, but at ~75km/h

with Audi S4 btw, apparently it's the easiest... but it's not working...
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

You didn't understand my post. :P

I know that the number of corners to master is equal in the 3 separate tracks and in the full track. What I'm saying is, the game considers each track singular, so if you master all corners in Aremberg, for example, those corners won't be mastered at Nordschleife. And I noticed that in each of the 3 tracks, you aren't being evaluated all the time. For example, you finish a corner and you have some time before you are evaluated in the next corner.

In the full track, all corners are connected, so if you miss the exit of one, you will probably miss the entrance in the other, making it two wasted corners. ;)

The Karoussel corner is a good example of this: at Nordschleife, right after you exit the previous corner, you're already being evaluated in the Karoussel, but in the singular track, you only start being evaluated when the race line turns yellow.

EDIT: Hmm ok you edited your post. :P

Well I mastered most corners during normal racing, without the help of the racing line. I raced a lot with the LP640, Z06 and the Zonda R at Nordschleife, so I mastered most corners with those cars.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

hmm that's true...
owell I'll just keep trying I guess...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

just made the london corner in Aston Martin V8 Vantage ...pretty much 100% luck. first time driving that car.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

the V8 Vantage seems not bad for mastering many corners...

When I was stuck at 27/37 tracks, decided to do the 3 lap endurance with the V8 Vantage... and ended with 34/37... in 1 lap...

and I FINALLY managed to master the Karussell *both of them* and ALL the missing full-ring corners =b

did it in 1 run for the full track!! missing 3 all in 1 shot! XD

Now i can get back to completing all stars...
spin-out opponents HERE I COME!!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Woohoo! Congrats dude.. :D
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

zedex wrote:the V8 Vantage seems not bad for mastering many corners...

When I was stuck at 27/37 tracks, decided to do the 3 lap endurance with the V8 Vantage... and ended with 34/37... in 1 lap...

and I FINALLY managed to master the Karussell *both of them* and ALL the missing full-ring corners =b

did it in 1 run for the full track!! missing 3 all in 1 shot! XD

Now i can get back to completing all stars...
spin-out opponents HERE I COME!!
well considering its a british car and the london track is british too.... #-o
:lol: well im gonna try the car on other places...i only have about 17/37 at full nordschleife...but guys, seriously i dont even know which corner the karussell is! :lol: :oops:
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

ElvenAvenger wrote:but guys, seriously i dont even know which corner the karussell is! :lol: :oops:
sighh...

you're not a car person are you?...

this corner:
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/53082

this banked tight hairpin is one of the world's toughest corner to take...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

zedex wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:but guys, seriously i dont even know which corner the karussell is! :lol: :oops:
sighh...

you're not a car person are you?...

this corner:
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/showroom/entry/53082

this banked tight hairpin is one of the world's toughest corner to take...
correction: not a track person. :roll:
oh this. i keep screwing up on it because of that white/gray stripe inside of the corner. ALWAYS spin out about 20% into the corner with RWD cars and fall out of it at 30%. #-o
AERO_HDT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AERO_HDT »

Hydro_PT wrote:You didn't understand my post. :P

In the full track, all corners are connected, so if you miss the exit of one, you will probably miss the entrance in the other, making it two wasted corners. ;)
Correction. The corners are not connected. The Nurb has 173 corners, you're only required to master 37 or so in NFS, so you aren't being evaluated all the time. That means that you can miss 4 out of 5 corners, and thus you're really only being judged 20% of the "total" lap time.
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

The corners are connected. There aren't 37 corners to master on Nordschleife, there are 37 combinations of corners to master.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

AERO_HDT wrote: Correction. The corners are not connected. The Nurb has 173 corners, you're only required to master 37 or so in NFS, so you aren't being evaluated all the time. That means that you can miss 4 out of 5 corners, and thus you're really only being judged 20% of the "total" lap time.
I was referring the game corners, not real life corners. Ingame there are only 37 corners to master and they're all (or almost all) connected, so it's like I said, if you fail the exit of one you will probably miss the entrance in the other and make it two wasted corners. That's why mastering all corners at Nordschleife in one single lap is pretty much impossible, because you're being evaluated almost all the time.

Btw in real life Nordschleife has 181 corners, not 173. :)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I managed to master the karussell today with a Z06!!!

well... I set the steering assist to low though lol...
and I managed a lap time of 6:46!!! FIRST TIME EVER below 7 minutes!!! AND it was with keyboard!

but i guess that time isn't very legit... because the grip level for Normal's higher than average...

I usually drive on experienced... sometimes pro
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

zedex wrote:I managed to master the karussell today with a Z06!!!

well... I set the steering assist to low though lol...
and I managed a lap time of 6:46!!! FIRST TIME EVER below 7 minutes!!! AND it was with keyboard!

but i guess that time isn't very legit... because the grip level for Normal's higher than average...

I usually drive on experienced... sometimes pro
=D>
great job :)
AERO_HDT
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AERO_HDT »

I might be wrong on this, but if you're being evaluated the entire way around the Ring, then in essence there are 37 sectors to master and not corners?

#-o

I was of the understanding that a corner was one turn and that the evaluation process merely judged your entry, apex and exits, making sure you took the correct line and speed.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

"master corner" sometimes evaluates chicanes as 1 corner, or a series of turns...

to know when/where you are being evaluated you can look at the yellow ! on your map. that means you're being evaluated right now

however, you can get more than one "Corner Mastered" point per "master corner" locations...
especially in nordschleife, I can get 7000 points in JUST Corner Mastered... which means at LEAST 70... with double points...
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

zedex wrote:I managed to master the karussell today with a Z06!
Difficult. I've only done this a few times with the Audi S4 and once with the 350Z with tier 1 updates.
I set the steering assist to low
On some PC's, setting steering assist to low and maybe traction control to high helps lap times for some players. It's my guess that this is system senstive, and how well it works depends on your system (PC, OS, controller, ...). It doesn't seem to help on my system, or on some tracks, like Willow Springs, it makes the lap times slower. I have to run all assists and autoclutch off for fastest lap times on my system.
grip level for Normal's higher than average... I usually drive on experienced... sometimes pro
Grip level for both normal and experienced is the same, at least according to the .bff files, both have grip multiplier of 1.3 while pro reduces this to 1.2. Normal mode artifically lowers center of gravity, which helps with stability.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

just made a great 3 lap battle against Nurburgring(the endurance race) and set the 0/37 corner mastery to 35/37 in my trusty EVO 9 MR Edition.
17050 points just for corners, 20k points total...only 596 in agression though =D
the corners i have to do is karussell and some other one.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

ElvenAvenger wrote:just made a great 3 lap battle against Nurburgring(the endurance race) and set the 0/37 corner mastery to 35/37 in my trusty EVO 9 MR Edition.
17050 points just for corners, 20k points total...only 596 in agression though =D
heh, congrats!

trick to karussell, go slow! *but not too slow* ~38-40 mph, or ~65km/h should do fine in a tier 1 vehicle
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

And to not SLIDE.

Which isn't easy with no assist on.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

zedex wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:just made a great 3 lap battle against Nurburgring(the endurance race) and set the 0/37 corner mastery to 35/37 in my trusty EVO 9 MR Edition.
heh, congrats!

trick to karussell, go slow! *but not too slow* ~38-40 mph, or ~65km/h should do fine in a tier 1 vehicle
i believe the evo 9 mr edition is my car of choice if it comes for enjoyability in shift...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

LOL! wow!

as some of you might know... I had to restart my profile again...

and today, I decided to tackle the Nordschleife with the Veyron Invitational Event...

and not feeling like doing it twice or more for the sake of "clean lap", I modified the data into giving me the star for "lap time under 7:30" instead... but that's not what I was amazed at... *also changed the Willow Springs spin opponent into Speed Threshold of 200km/h, after 20+ restarts... again... which was the reason I decided to change the game campaign data... and while at it, changed the nurburgring clean race ones all into lap time =)*

Not only did I manage a time of 6:48, with 15 opponents, *not clean obviously* but I managed to master only 3 corners... but 1 of them... was the Karussell... with a Veyron... on FIRST TRY!

I think I'm getting the hang of that corner now... I think I managed to master it with lots of other cars as well, such as Zonda R, Z06, DBR9... but couldn't confirm, because there is a corner RIGHT after the karussell that's very easy to master... and I already got the check mark on there with the S4 before that

and all was done with keyboard... trick was to use steering assist on low, and just go slow and steady, and let the assist do the steering work =)

this was the one time where I can confirm I did it... not by the "Corner Mastered 50" under the profile bar, but by the check mark... for passing that corner ONLY ONCE using a VEYRON!!! *the car I hate the MOST in the game*

I'm truly amazed... :o!!!

oh yeah, Evo IX is my car for the 10.00 rating now =) it's really good! but not too great at mastering corners... still corner slides a little too much... might fine tune it though
used to have an R8 for that... but it's just complete rubbish against the Evo
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I don't know how you can race with the keyboard and even master corners with it. :O

Yesterday I wanted to take some shots of my M3 for the Showroom Challenge, but I didn't want to plug my wheel just to take nice shots at Nordschleife, so I had to play with the keyboard. Well I changed the settings and went to the track. And then... OMG! It's IMPOSSIBLE to control the car, really. I slide off the track in all corners, and I had to go really slowly to take a corner. On the replay, it looked like I was drunk... lol

I cant' accelerate properly, I can't brake properly and I can't steer properly! How the hell do you manage to race with a keyboard? :|
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

steering assist ... I leave it on at ALL times when I use keyboard...

and for braking I got ABS on... so it doesn't lock the wheels

but of course, when I have my controller plugged, I turn them off... it's no fun with them on

oh and of course... practice =)

Return to “SHIFT”