All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 4)

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT

All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 4)

Postby anak_takengon » 18 Oct 2009, 07:36

- Level 3 Upgrade,some work convert.
- Defaults setup.
- Steering control low.
- Brake control off.
- Traction control high.
- 1 lap race.
- No NOS used.
- Logitech Momo Racing

TIER 1
Audi S3 7,21,490
Audi S4 7,11,000
Audi TT Coupé 3.2 quattro 6,45,450 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ8BCwj5CWI
BMW 135i Coupé 7,39,610
Chevrolet Cobalt SS 7,27,810
Ford Escort RS Cosworth 7,13,220
Ford Focus ST 7,38,850
Honda Civic Si 7,30,410
Honda S2000 7,13,190
Infiniti G35 (V35) 7,06,540
Mazda MX-5 7,36,670
Mazda RX-8 7,10,440
Nissan 240SX (S13) 7,52,280
Nissan 350Z (Z33) 6,53,050
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) 7,18,820
Renault Sport Mégane R.S. 7,24,460
Scion tC 7,43,410
SEAT Leon Cupra 7,17,000
Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86) 7,08,470
Volkswagen Golf GTI 7,43,970
Volkswagen Scirocco 7,16,550



Tier 2
Audi RS4 6,51,990
BMW M3 E36 7,03,790
BMW M3 E46 6,48,560
BMW M3 E92 6,48,120
BMW Z4 M Coupé 6,51,460
Chevrolet Camaro SS (2010) 6,35,460
Dodge Challenger Concept 7,02,420
Ford Shelby GT500 (2007) 6,43,260
Lotus Elise 111R 6,35,170
Mazda RX-7 6,40,840
Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-Edition 6,57,300
Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION X 6,46,290
Nissan 370Z (Z34) 6,38,000
Nissan Silvia spec.R AERO (S15) 6,48,950
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) 6,43,410
Porsche Cayman S 6,32,950 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K54_zBH2AHA
Subaru Impreza WRX STi 6,50,710


Tier 3
Aston Martin DB9 Coupé 6,43,040
Aston Martin V8 Vantage 7,05,650
Audi R8 4.2 FSI quattro 6,43,270
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 6,05,690 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNaEPUnxs68
Dodge Viper SRT-10 6,19,780
Ford GT 6,38,270
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 6,46,900
Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 6,14,500
Lotus Exige S 6,57,890
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG 7,00,140
Nissan GT-R (R35) 6,37,430
Nissan GT-R SpecV (R35) 6,31,850
Porsche 911 GT2 6,33,800
Porsche 911 GT3 RS 6,36,710


Tier 4
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 6,05,030
Koenigsegg CCX 5,59,300 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9OtBfgzr5c
Lamborghini Reventón 6,52,310 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJvOgI48NIA
2007 Lexus LF-A Concept 6,58,660 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYQAFp39VY
McLaren F1 6,15,780
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition 6,49,810 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCORQxjE-nU
Pagani Zonda F 6,05,690 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of8hR2r3gYQ
Pagani Zonda R 5,53,420 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52CD3AxctyE
Porsche Carrera GT 6,26,950 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehBXy850FkI

** I believe some of this awesome cars can yield better in the right hands **

Working on Bonus Cars, update later..
u can post ur time too, just for sharing with the others..
Last edited by anak_takengon on 08 Nov 2009, 13:41, edited 11 times in total.
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby xturbo » 18 Oct 2009, 07:53

Thanks for it!!! It's really informative to know the times you did with some cars. It's impressive to see how the Audi TT 3.2 Coupé has an incredible time difference compared to the rest of the cars. And the slowest...damn it's my car: Nissan 240sx =/

Waiting for Tier 2 cars! :D
Image
User avatar
xturbo
Professional
Professional
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 19:42
Location: Chile

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 18 Oct 2009, 12:44

yes, i think that's why EA give this audi the highest rating on tier 1, after all upgraded, even not the highest HP or torque.
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby zedex » 20 Oct 2009, 18:11

cool! I was going to try something like that... but with stock cars instead of modified...

then also I'm not very consistent... and I do A LOT of mistake on Nordschleife...
Image
zedex
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2008, 16:30

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 21 Oct 2009, 05:57

zedex wrote:cool! I was going to try something like that... but with stock cars instead of modified...

then also I'm not very consistent... and I do A LOT of mistake on Nordschleife...

you should do that, its lot of fun to learn each cars corner by corner, trust me..but its boring if you don't enjoy it..
its only about practicing, in a little time your gap between laps will be under 00.00.500, and you'll be mr. schumacher on your own style..
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby ElvenAvenger » 22 Oct 2009, 20:01

and after you finish tier 2 3 and 4(not trying to speed you up or anything) which will take a long time, get times of 4 fastest cars in each tier?(cars with best time, NOT top speed >_>)
User avatar
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 12:38

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Summ » 23 Oct 2009, 10:09

To the people mistaking this thread for being an accurate representation of the performance of the cars ingame: All this thread shows is the times an average user can get, when quickly jumping into a new car and taking it for a spin. It is NOT representative of the actual performance of the car. You only get most out of your car after you have driven it for a long time and have gotten to know it and the track you drive it on. As such, nice idea, but the info you get out of this are to be taken with a grain of salt.
User avatar
Summ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 15 Feb 2004, 03:14
Location: Ahead of the rest...

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby VG_Speed » 23 Oct 2009, 12:43

Summ wrote:To the people mistaking this thread for being an accurate representation of the performance of the cars ingame: All this thread shows is the times an average user can get, when quickly jumping into a new car and taking it for a spin. It is NOT representative of the actual performance of the car. You only get most out of your car after you have driven it for a long time and have gotten to know it and the track you drive it on. As such, nice idea, but the info you get out of this are to be taken with a grain of salt.


There is some truth to what you are saying, but since there are big differences in Time, this will show the best Cars with 100% certainty. If we were talking about a couple of seconds difference, then you would be correct.
Example: If someone wants to make sure that RX-8 is really better then S2000, they will have to test it by themselves, for sure. But if people wants to know which are the Fastest in each Tier, and 95% of all readers what they want to know is that, then this is pretty accurate.

Rogério
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 27 Dec 2004, 14:18

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby ElvenAvenger » 23 Oct 2009, 14:57

hmm...will you also test the reward/loaner cars or only the ones avaible in career?
User avatar
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 12:38

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Summ » 23 Oct 2009, 21:24

VG_Speed wrote:There is some truth to what you are saying, but since there are big differences in Time, this will show the best Cars with 100% certainty. If we were talking about a couple of seconds difference, then you would be correct.
Example: If someone wants to make sure that RX-8 is really better then S2000, they will have to test it by themselves, for sure. But if people wants to know which are the Fastest in each Tier, and 95% of all readers what they want to know is that, then this is pretty accurate.

Rogério

I disagree. A person's driving style is as unique as the person itself. As such, some people might be far better with 4wd cars than rwd cars. Some might be horrendous with 4wd cars, but absolutely LOVE the Audi RS4 or R8 or whatever else. Some might perform a lot better with rwd cars. In the end, what you get out of a car depends on YOUR personal preference and the skill you have. Some cars appeal to certain persons, others appeal to other persons. Furthermore, there are cars, which are inherently difficult to control and which one might be inclined to discard after a few races. Sticking with said cars and learning to master them might in the end pay off with far better laptimes than the rest. Just because something is tricker to drive, it doesn't mean it isn't just as fast, if not faster, than the rest in the proper hands. And so on, and so forth. One man's hell, another man's paradise. Individuality shatters the value of statistics given by one man only.
User avatar
Summ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 15 Feb 2004, 03:14
Location: Ahead of the rest...

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Hydro_PT » 23 Oct 2009, 22:13

I couldn't agree with Summ more. Even though I appreciate the effort you're making, it's pretty much useless IMO. Firstly, Nordschleife is a very big track, so get consistent times is something hard. Secondly, you need a lot of time to become familiar with a certain car on a certain track. Me, for example, I enjoy taking a random car to Nordschleife, but I don't really care about the lap time, because I just want to drive that car. However, if I take the LP640 to race at Nordschleife, you bet I'll get much better times in 3/4 laps, because I know the car and I know the tack, and I know how to control it properly. Still, another person might even be faster than me with the LP640. I can't say "Oh I drive perfectly nice, going as fast as possible on each corner". I can be wrong (I am actually, because I still miss the racing line on some corners :P ).

Unless you create a boot to race with every car at the very limit (perfectly), these times are not to be trusted. You say that the Audi TT is the fastest Tier 1 car, right? I can pick up my VW Scirocco and prove you right now that it can be faster than the TT at Nordschleife. Just give me some time to perfect my driving with the VW. :mrgreen:

Oh and one more thing: buying bodykits is not something you should do if you really want to test a car, because most of the times, bodykits will increase the time it takes from 0-100 and so on. I usually race with the first bodykit or no bodykit at all, if I'm going for a record with a certain car.
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby ElvenAvenger » 23 Oct 2009, 22:43

exactly. though it most of time does apply, don't go like "i will beat your Bugatti Veyron with my stock VW Golf because im perfect with it." there are things that proper skill might overcome but its not possible to defeat any car with any car.
also there are so many factors impacting the time both in game and in real life that you can't really say that you cant do better with the car. it may be a slight fps drop for a split second, or something distracts you a bit in real life.
not to mention you can't tune the LP640 (buggy hand tuning)
User avatar
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 12:38

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby zedex » 24 Oct 2009, 01:59

well, the typical battle I'm looking forward to: GT2 vs GTR specV

also there's no denying the fact that Zonda R definitely IS the fastest car in the game... even though Murcielago Works has higher score, for now, it's just undriveable...

I've driven a few stock Tier 1 cars ... and *I'm 100% certain there can be MUCH better times...*
I've got trouble getting 240SX, Skyline 2000, and Corolla GTS under the 10 minutes... and a little over 9 min in the S4... civic, I forgot... I think it was a little under 10 minutes... I'll do it again once I get all stars =) *that stupid Willow Springs Spin opponent one is giving me a major headache*

Also I keep seeing people posting IMPOSSIBLE times!!!
like this week's NFS youtube challenge, audi S3 on Brands Hatch Indy, some people doing less than 48 seconds... and even one with 45!!! I tried and my best was 53... and even with a DBR9, barely 47 seconds... HOW do they do that?!?!?
Image
zedex
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2008, 16:30

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Skroting » 24 Oct 2009, 08:21

If it is a Youtube challenge, shouldn't there be videos...?
User avatar
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 14 Aug 2004, 17:21

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 24 Oct 2009, 09:18

for people who don't agree with my list, i appreciate that..
if each car was driven by different person, so this list is junk, because different man, different style, and different skill, but this was made by 1 person with same style and skill, i've show you the way i drive, maybe not clean as real pro driver, but that's the way i drive for each cars in 1 circuit, and i believe another circuit will be different results even not to big. if you think is not representative, its ok with me, i love to see yours..
@Hydro_PT : i am waiting your vw bro, and remember, defaults tuning please..
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby ElvenAvenger » 24 Oct 2009, 10:07

zedex wrote:well, the typical battle I'm looking forward to: GT2 vs GTR specV

also there's no denying the fact that Zonda R definitely IS the fastest car in the game... even though Murcielago Works has higher score, for now, it's just undriveable...

I've driven a few stock Tier 1 cars ... and *I'm 100% certain there can be MUCH better times...*
I've got trouble getting 240SX, Skyline 2000, and Corolla GTS under the 10 minutes... and a little over 9 min in the S4... civic, I forgot... I think it was a little under 10 minutes... I'll do it again once I get all stars =) *that stupid Willow Springs Spin opponent one is giving me a major headache*

Also I keep seeing people posting IMPOSSIBLE times!!!
like this week's NFS youtube challenge, audi S3 on Brands Hatch Indy, some people doing less than 48 seconds... and even one with 45!!! I tried and my best was 53... and even with a DBR9, barely 47 seconds... HOW do they do that?!?!?

the Murcielago is perfectly drivable in my version of game... :? (including works conversion) and those S3 are probably people with lots of lots of some more lots of training and completely perfect settings...OR cheaters.(doubt the cheaters....i hadnt seen any trainers for super speed or whatever lately and..how can you use super speed trainers in a racing game like this... :lol: i can imagine their cars afterwards)
User avatar
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 999
Joined: 07 Jul 2009, 12:38

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Summ » 24 Oct 2009, 11:48

^Cheating is easy. Just look at what zedex has done to win the spinning out challenge thing. With a basic understanding of xml and game modding, you can boost your car's attributes to the point it's not funny any longer. Add some assists and away you go.

if you think is not representative, its ok with me, i love to see yours..

That's just the point, though. No single man can do this, no matter who that man is. What is needed here in order to tell what all cars can do, is something akin to http://gtr.gplrank.info/news, where any person with the game can upload his best laptime of any track in any car. That way you can see the fastest time for a given track with a given car.. and THAT should give you an idea of what a car can really do, when in the right hands. That would give you something to aim for. That would be worth something. Your effort is noble, but ultimately it does prove useless, I'm sorry to say.
User avatar
Summ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 15 Feb 2004, 03:14
Location: Ahead of the rest...

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 24 Oct 2009, 12:47

hehehe...you simply too far my friend, and this, this is only a having fun to make a list, and i am very much enjoy with that, i can spend a lot of time doing that, and what a i have to say, TT is the fastest car in tier 1 for that track, if you disagree, its ok, or if you wanna prove it just turn on your pc, install the game and start your engine, that's all.
and for editing the game, basically i disagree with that, because we change something that what people have done..but in the other hand, its ok if to make the games better and more fun to play..coz thats the games for..
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby GT3x24x7 » 24 Oct 2009, 12:54

All this talk is boring.. let's see some more of your awesome times anak!!
User avatar
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 6306
Joined: 23 Jan 2004, 14:15
Location: Australia

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 24 Oct 2009, 13:23

on da way bozz..
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby zedex » 24 Oct 2009, 14:50

Skroting wrote:If it is a Youtube challenge, shouldn't there be videos...?

well there ARE videos... but mostly replays, so i can't really tell when they brake, how they turn, or how the car slides through the corners... or what assists are on/off... or like Summ said, if they modified physics or not is totally beyond me...

but when I try those times, it's nearly impossible... my car just won't turn or if it did, it's at around half the speed... even with blasting NOS...

oh and @Summ: I only changed for that dumb star... I changed them back after doing the same for the Alpental spin outs *got it in 3 restarts this time round... instead of ... 50?!?* the driving reminded me of Imports in Carbon... CRAZY Grip through the turns, but low max speed... so no... driving like that isn't fun...

but I KNOW for a fact, people can drive faster in this game... I just didn't find out how... mostly it's the use of wheels... and assists turned off... and of course, extensive tuning helps too
Image
zedex
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 377
Joined: 18 Nov 2008, 16:30

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby VG_Speed » 24 Oct 2009, 15:53

anak_takengon wrote:for people who don't agree with my list, i appreciate that..
if each car was driven by different person, so this list is junk, because different man, different style, and different skill, but this was made by 1 person with same style and skill, i've show you the way i drive, maybe not clean as real pro driver, but that's the way i drive for each cars in 1 circuit, and i believe another circuit will be different results even not to big. if you think is not representative, its ok with me, i love to see yours..
@Hydro_PT : i am waiting your vw bro, and remember, defaults tuning please..


Hi anak!

Keep the good work! You are correct in what you are saying... Some car raking may be subject to discussion, but not which are the fastest cars. To bad some people for whatever reason cant understand what you are doing and the great effort it is. I for one cant wait to see the remaining Tier's Update.

To Summ, you are obviously someone who doesnt belong really in a NFS Forum, for what I have read... So far I saw a lot of commenting on what others are doing, but I still couldnt find anything you actually did! :S Maybe someone can point me out for some topic where he has any kind of Racing?

To Hydro, I love to see you have fun with NFS, but you are wrong in many stuff... Your biggest mistake is that you assume you know the limits of this game, when is clear that it's not the case... I didnt answer you when I talked about your Nord LP640 Conclusions, but I am doing it now for just one reason: all your Car Testing in that other Topic is also dependent on everything you are accusing anak's test to fail - driver preferences, setups, experience, etc. - but in your conclusions you had absolutely no doubt in saying this car is the best or some car is better then that other car. So really, where is the coherence?
Finally, VW will never ever do better then Audi TT. No matter what Driver attempts it.

To zetex, the times they are doing, at least the 45s, in that YouTube Challenge is quite possible without cheating. In ISRC we thought about participating, and some may eventually do it. Poul and Aaron, 2 of our members (everyone who whishes it can be a member, btw), already did a few laps with fully tuned S3 there and they managed 46s low with Default Setup and I think No Assists. Assuming Default Setup can be resonably updated and eventually some Assist may allow faster times, not only 45s is possible, but probably even 44s.

Cya all!

Rogério
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 27 Dec 2004, 14:18

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Hydro_PT » 24 Oct 2009, 16:09

anak_takengon wrote:for people who don't agree with my list, i appreciate that..
if each car was driven by different person, so this list is junk, because different man, different style, and different skill, but this was made by 1 person with same style and skill, i've show you the way i drive, maybe not clean as real pro driver, but that's the way i drive for each cars in 1 circuit, and i believe another circuit will be different results even not to big. if you think is not representative, its ok with me, i love to see yours..
@Hydro_PT : i am waiting your vw bro, and remember, defaults tuning please..


Hey don't take things too seriously. I appreciate your effort in doing this list, and I would probably do the same if I had enough time (it's fun to race at Nordschleife :) ). Still, it's pretty much useless, because as you say, you drive all cars with the same style and skill. So, this means that you're doing your best lap time for each car but you're driving them as equals, when all cars are different and require different skills, different knowledge.

Example: I can drive really well with the Works Converted LP640 on most tracks, because I know how the car handles, what it will do on a certain corner, how to avoid some spinning, etc, etc. However, if you let me drive the Works Converted Chevrolet Camaro SS, I suck with that car. No matter how many laps I drive with it, I simply cannot handle it well. I might get some good lap times, but not very good lap times, because I honestly don't have enough skill/knowledge to control that thing. #-o

The system that Summ posted is best one IMO. You take one single car to one single track and you develop your skills with that car on that track only. Then you post your best lap time ever and if lots of people try different cars on different cars, eventually a list like that one you're making would be useful and could be trusted.

PS: Challenge accepted. My Works Converted Volkswagen Scirocco is ready to go! No additional tuning, and only ABS is on. I have to remove Real Mod 2.0b though, because it affects handling. So I must do a clean install before I can post a best lap time. :(
User avatar
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: 15 Nov 2007, 02:22
Location: Braga, Portugal

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby anak_takengon » 24 Oct 2009, 17:17

Hydro_PT wrote:Still, it's pretty much useless, because as you say, you drive all cars with the same style and skill. So, this means that you're doing your best lap time for each car but you're driving them as equals, when all cars are different and require different skills, different knowledge.

i know i am not skillful :D , but i know which cars have a descent brake so it can late brake, or some cars have an age to brake and so on. every car has plus/minus you know, i am trying to maximizing the plus and minimizing the minus with my skill..

@ VG_Speed : i love what you done in this thread viewtopic.php?f=111&t=16833..
User avatar
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 07 Feb 2008, 06:19
Location: Takengon

Re: All Car On Nordschleife

Postby Summ » 24 Oct 2009, 18:01

anak_takengon wrote:hehehe...you simply too far my friend, and this, this is only a having fun to make a list, and i am very much enjoy with that, i can spend a lot of time doing that, and what a i have to say, TT is the fastest car in tier 1 for that track, if you disagree, its ok, or if you wanna prove it just turn on your pc, install the game and start your engine, that's all.
and for editing the game, basically i disagree with that, because we change something that what people have done..but in the other hand, its ok if to make the games better and more fun to play..coz thats the games for..

What's too far? :) I'm happy you're enjoying making this list. For your own reference, I'm sure it's great. I won't repeat my point again, as it should have come across to everybody by now. As for the proving part - what's there to prove? Even if I beat your tt time with another car, it still means nothing =).
I disagree with cheating and editing the game too, but some times it is more justified than others. Pesonally, an achievements loses its value to me, if I had to go through a shortcut to get it. Other people feel different. That's fine =). Everyone's free to play and enjoy his game the way he prefers. But if you start seeing apparently impossible lap times, I think you might find your answer in file editing.

VG_Speed wrote:To Summ, you are obviously someone who doesnt belong really in a NFS Forum, for what I have read... So far I saw a lot of commenting on what others are doing, but I still couldnt find anything you actually did! :S Maybe someone can point me out for some topic where he has any kind of Racing?

Why do you come looking for a fight? =)
User avatar
Summ
Drift King
Drift King
 
Posts: 859
Joined: 15 Feb 2004, 03:14
Location: Ahead of the rest...

Next

Return to SHIFT

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron