All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 4)

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 2)

Post by ElvenAvenger »

nice, i can't even get down under 7 minutes...does not really matter what car it comes for.
you make me want to try and fix my driving on the nordschleife track...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

try using steering assist...

I was kind of weary of it initially but after forgetting to turn it off after a drift event *I HAVE to have it on... else, it's almost impossible* it wasn't too bad! it actually helps a lot for keyboard use...

here's link to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWxOFnv6ytA
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: All Car On Nordschleife (update Tier 3)

Post by ElvenAvenger »

your driving looks pretty similar to mine...(yay for sliding through corners)
by the way....just managed a 6.53 with Evo IX MR-edition....pretty good for me being unable to do the same in a Zonda R....(i just love the way the car flies off into the sky on few parts of the track making me smash the wall...)
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

cool man..
yea, the bounce sometimes make me mad too, but lets hope the next coming patch fix that things..
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

zonda r does seem to jump a lot... I tried with DBR9, although going slower (6:24) it doesn't go off the ground as much... even on the bumpiest sections
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

The best remedy for suspension bouncing is simply to get off the throttle momentarily. You may drop a little speed, but at least you won't be coming to a screeching halt upside down against the armco.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

GT3x24x7 wrote:The best remedy for suspension bouncing is simply to get off the throttle momentarily. You may drop a little speed, but at least you won't be coming to a screeching halt upside down against the armco.
thats not what i mean. you know, certain straights on Nordschleife are not completely flat.
they often have bumps on them, and considering Zonda R should have TONS of downforce, i dont expect a racing car to FLY off the track , right?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Everyone knows about the bouncing problem and all agree it's definitely not realistic. It's one the key problems that the forthcoming patch proposes to fix. Until then we all have to deal with it. I'm simply letting you know there are ways to manage it at least, in case you weren't already aware.

BTW Nordschleife isn't the worst for this IMO. That honour goes to the dark patches in the road at the end of the straight at Willow Springs GP. These seemingly flat pieces of road can send your car vaulting into the air on one lap, then the next lap they have no effect whatsoever.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

it's not bounce he's talking about... it's about jumps...

sometimes, especially with zonda R, the car just seems to take off...

I would take a video of it, but I just installed Win7 and lost my save file >.< *stupid me forgetting to back it up before*

so I have to do everything ALL over again... I'm thinking of waiting for the patch first
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

And what I'm saying is that both things are caused by the same problem - the bouncy suspension issue. My bet is the coming fix for this should drastically reduce both these things.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

nonono we're saying it's not

the car doesn't "bounce" it jumps off a ramp like sort of thing...
not those repeated bumps, but like a long high speed flat surface, then the track suddenly drops in altitude... the car would just fly off... or when it's going uphill then all of a sudden track became level, the car would jump up too

like, not just the front wheels go off, all 4 at the same time, the entire car just lifts off the ground because of the "ramp" effect
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah I know exactly the thing you're talking about.. I still say it's due to the suspension issue, as is the bouncing. Anyway, let's hope the patch fixes some or all of these one things. At least. :D
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

why would suspension prevent a car from taking air?

it should be more aerodynamics
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok ok let's just agree to disagree. And while we're at it, lets try to get back to the topic.

Speaking of which, I see anak has updated the first post with times up to Tier 3, and we should also congratulate him on winning the best lap time category the recent NFS Shift Youtube Challenge 2! Congrats dude!!
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

Thanks dude..
That's just for fun to participate in somebody's challenge..

Btw, zedex mean about zonda taking air maybe something like this?
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

AERO_HDT wrote:The best way to learn a track is to do the WHOLE circuit over and over.
For a long track like Nordschleife, it's probably best to learn the track starting near the end and working your way backwards segment by segment. This is how most players learned Nordschleife in Grand Prix Legends, using a "ring trainer" that split up the track into 11 segments. You'd start off with the last segment. Then you'd go back to the previous segment, but when you go to the end of that segment, you'd be running a segment you already had learned.

For NFS Shift, there are only 3 segments and they don't end on a lap boundary. Arenberg is too close to the end, so it's more like the start of a lap. So I would recommend learning Nordschleife - Nurburg first, then Nordschleife - Karusell, which ends at the start of Nordschleife - Nurburg. Then Nordschleife - Arenberg which ends at Nordschleife - Karusell. Then the entire track.
possible differences in gameplay depending on system?
I'm wondering if the PC system you play the game on is having an effect on the game. Looking at the videos, it seems that bouncing is more of an issue for some players than others, and perhaps grip is being affected as well.
all assists off - autoclutch off
On my system, I get my fastest times with all assists off. Turning off autoclutch, even though I don't use any clutch button, (I do use manual shift) results in faster launches, especially with the Zonda R, and the shifts are faster in most cars, although some cars have a clutch slippage issue I can't figure out how to fix, so I just don't use those cars. I tried steering assist low, traction control high, and it was different, but lap times were about the same, and I didn't like having to fight the steerign assist while trying to keep the car inside on bumpy or jumpy sections.
bouncing versus jumping
The bounce issue affects some cars more than others. It's really bad on the McLaren F1, which is annoying in the last career invitational event at Nordschleife. The Z06 is also bouncy on my system, so I don't use it on the bumpy tracks like Ambush Canyon. The Zonda is bouncy, but not as bad as the Z06, so that is what I'll use until the patch fixes the issue.

Jumping can set off the bouncing. If you go airborne over a crest, some cars will start bouncing worse and worse. In my case with the Zonda, if it just bounces once, it seems to recover, but if it bounces 2 or more times while in a turn, it usually goes off track. As mentione, this is an issue at turn 1 for Willow Springs, brake a bit too late, and the car will bounce 2 or 3 times going into the wall.
all assists off, better for some tracks?
On my system, lap times at Willow Springs are much better with all assist off. The steering assist interferes with the line I prefer, and the other assists seem to interfere with the high speed turns. I generally run laps a bit under 1:09 with the Zonda R, my best being a 1:08.222 (on the leaderboard). As mentioned the bouncy spots just before turn 1 can start the Zonda bouncing and slamming into the wall, so I have to take turn 1 a bit early.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i like how Shelby GT 500 is faster by .010 than the R8...:lol:

Return to “SHIFT”