SHIFT: Still Playing?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT

Where you at with Shift?

I'm still playing, and will do for a long time yet.
69%
I'm still playing, but I'll probably drop it soon.
10%
I play it for a bit then dropped it, but with the new patch I'll give it another go.
16%
I played it for a while. then dropped it. Probably won't come back.
4%
I tried it once and thought it was rubbish.
No votes
I didn't try it at all. In fact, why am I even here?
2%

Total votes: 51

DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Re: SHIFT: Still Playing?

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Since I only just got NFS Shaft for Christmas, I'm still playing but will probably drop it when I reach level 50. I'm currently at level 36, and apparently I'm a Precision driver...

I might be in the minority, but since building this new PC, which can actually handle the game with ease, I've gone back to playing Undercover. Absolutely love that game now I can actually play it properly 8)
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I FINALLY got around to downloading Dirt2 *that came with my graphics card*... and mistakenly installed the HD audio software which caused the game to stutter constantly so uninstalled and retried again, but this time it's quite smooth, all ultra settings, 1920x1080 and 8xAA, it runs at 40-60fps *in directx11* with an overclocked HD5850 (1000/1251 clock)

the first race, I had a LOT of trouble getting used to the slippery handling, after a few days of playing Shift again... but now getting used to the sliding and the counter steering of an AWD on gravel... it's... fun?

mainly because I don't know the tracks... but rallying is a completely different thing to me... jumps, slides, bumps, dips, splashes... it's quite fun! I can see myself playing this *along with MW2 multiplayer... just got to lvl 70 finally... prestiging? maybe...* for quite a while... also thinking of getting dragon age origins from all the "good things" I've heard... so a lot of time consuming games =b

but yeah... I got around to beating world Live tour again...

something weird with the game though... SOME corners, in quick race, they are impossible to master... it's like the line never turn red, it's ALWAYS green... so even at the best of my abilities, following it as fast as I can, I can never master them, because my speed is too low or something... but during a race, it's piece of a cake >.> so now mastering tracks, I guess I have to actually FIND an event using that track to do it... dunno if it's corrupted by unpacking or something went wrong with installing... but this is very strange
MikeRepsol1KRRNica
Stock
Stock

Post by MikeRepsol1KRRNica »

Best Racing Game Out I play All Day =)
60 Plasma Sony Tv with Sony Surround Sound I must play u Crazy =) :mrgreen:
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

I play online less than I used to, but haven't completely stopped. I also have a second career mode run that I occasionally continue with.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

been playing:
Dragon Age: Origins
which led me to playing Mass Effect (same developer and ALSO very high rating)
which led me to playing Mass Effect 2 (actually played ME1 solely because I wanted to know the backstory for ME2)
which led me to watch Chuck (Miranda Lawson = Yvonne Strzechovski = Sarah Walker in Chuck)
just finished season 1... and wow... it's been some awesome 4 weeks!

went back to play like a few races in Dirt2... but it got boring very fast >.>

and now with the Ferrari DLC being exclusive to XBOX360? don't think I will touch Shift for a while...
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

this game is the best nfs game thats come out in a long long time!!!
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

it's true... but 2009 and the 2 months so far of 2010 has released some of the best games ever in the industry if video gaming... and there's just SO MANY others that I have to play...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well I restarted SHIFT to try to do some modding for a showroom comp, but can't. After re-install I am stuck with really low LoD textures and messed up Paint/Custom Vinyls. So I can't create a car at all for SHIFT based comps. The others work fine back to Underground. But not SHIFT oddly enough.

One thing though zedex, I played DA:O, ME and ME2 and found them to be very shallow creatures. Bioware could have made them truly epic games, yet they all feel contrived and Disneyish, kinda like the film National Treasure. I liked them but at the same time found them to be well below par compared to the relatives of those games that are far older, like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, etc...

Seems like games are losing depth and gaining shiny instead :(
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:Well I restarted SHIFT to try to do some modding for a showroom comp, but can't. After re-install I am stuck with really low LoD textures and messed up Paint/Custom Vinyls. So I can't create a car at all for SHIFT based comps. The others work fine back to Underground. But not SHIFT oddly enough.

One thing though zedex, I played DA:O, ME and ME2 and found them to be very shallow creatures. Bioware could have made them truly epic games, yet they all feel contrived and Disneyish, kinda like the film National Treasure. I liked them but at the same time found them to be well below par compared to the relatives of those games that are far older, like Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, etc...

Seems like games are losing depth and gaining shiny instead :(
sad but often true.
though some series are not going that way.. GTA for example, GTA 4 had far better story than previous installments, thats just my opinion but i really liked how you did not begin in GTA 4 as some completely evil criminal.
unfortunately lately any games i wait for turn out to fail. :(

by the way, did you try to play around with LOD related settings? or there are none in Shift's options?
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Tried that, can't find anything that's related. It's really odd as I used to have Shift installed on this computer and it worked fine. One new OS later and it just refuses to work properly. I can race, but the cars details make you feel like you have cataracts! No possibility of custom editing the cars either as you are stuck with black or blur. Neither being that appealing.

Gonna try a mates version at the weekend as he's been running it for a while. Just doesn't make any sense though, especially on a clean install of Windows and clean install of the game :(

Very true, GTA 4 did have a better story than it's predecessors, though I would like to have a less fixed storyline. More open allowing multiple paths to the finish rather than just being a total criminal. I couldn't play that for the handling issues of the cars, but now I can fix those I might give it another go. It's a pity that's about the only game we can say that of at the moment.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:Tried that, can't find anything that's related. It's really odd as I used to have Shift installed on this computer and it worked fine. One new OS later and it just refuses to work properly. I can race, but the cars details make you feel like you have cataracts! No possibility of custom editing the cars either as you are stuck with black or blur. Neither being that appealing.

Gonna try a mates version at the weekend as he's been running it for a while. Just doesn't make any sense though, especially on a clean install of Windows and clean install of the game :(

Very true, GTA 4 did have a better story than it's predecessors, though I would like to have a less fixed storyline. More open allowing multiple paths to the finish rather than just being a total criminal. I couldn't play that for the handling issues of the cars, but now I can fix those I might give it another go. It's a pity that's about the only game we can say that of at the moment.
what handling issue in GTA 4 are you talking about :? i think when they make GTA 5 they will be more experienced on that engine and the game probably will have more storyline choices, better optimization for PC :lol: , and all that stuff.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I got the game on release and the cars handled so bad I stopped playing. Though there are lots of good handling mods now that fix that problem. I just never got back into playing it (never really got into the whole GTA atmosphere...).

Return to “SHIFT”