SHIFT: Still Playing?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT

Where you at with Shift?

I'm still playing, and will do for a long time yet.
69%
I'm still playing, but I'll probably drop it soon.
10%
I play it for a bit then dropped it, but with the new patch I'll give it another go.
16%
I played it for a while. then dropped it. Probably won't come back.
4%
I tried it once and thought it was rubbish.
No votes
I didn't try it at all. In fact, why am I even here?
2%

Total votes: 51

GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

SHIFT: Still Playing?

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok people, let's hear where you're at with NFS SHIFT. Around NFS Unlimited, I'm getting the feeling that some people are moving on, but the large numbers of players online seem to tell a different story of the game overall. So yeah, how are you playing SHIFT today?

For me, I'm still playing and will do for a long while yet. This game has nailed the driving experience for me and I think it's an absolute blast to play.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: SHIFT: Still Playing?

Post by VG_Speed »

Same here! ;)

Rogério
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Well I just got the game recently so I will be playing it for a good while :)
lol wut
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

I play it once in a while now. SHIFT isn't that good to keep me playing, but I'll give it another go once the patch is out, and if some interesting mod comes out.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i will play it online after patch comes out(framerate issues CANT take place while playing online, ESPECIALLY a racing game)
now i play it once a while but only thing left to do is few races in the works vs supercar championship , and then just collecting leftover stars and badges...
now i have a small questions, does everyone online just use the "best" car of given Tier or is there some diversity?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

When the price drops low enough I will probably get it.
The competition in terms of good games this time is just to high: COD MW2, FM3 just to name 2 games that I eighter have or want, Shift is a must have for me (since it's a NFS game) but I'm not willing to spend 60 euro on it.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

.. so that would be the "Why am I even here?" response. :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Done.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

I haven't cleared career mode yet due to uni, so I'm still playing. I'll probably drop it once I hit level 50 (if I don't get bored before), as I don't care for online play.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

As soon as they fix the controller issues for the PS3, which I've been banging on about all this time... I'll start playing it again.
Right now, it's unplayable.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Still playing, and will play for a long time too. If patches fix the big issues, even more so. Heck, I even play NFSPorche and NFSUG every now and then... (the ones completely forgotten are Carbon and Undercover).
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

yeah, Porsche and UG also had the thing called" GOOD GAMEPLAY". actually if you didnt use any tuning in NFS UG the game would still be IMO more dynamic than underground 2...
Shift also has that thing in gameplay that keeps you playing , unlike undercover....
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

I was going to keep playing... online... until I upgraded to the official release of Win7 *yay for super-student-discount!* and forgot to back up my save file...

so don't feel like starting ALL over again doing everything that took me over a couple of weeks to do...

well not until patch release and see how it goes
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Dropped it a few weeks ago. Been playing Batman and replaying Assassin's Creed now in anticipation of the second. Going to play Modern Warfare again in anticipation of that second, too.. later on Mass Effect.. once more in anticipation of the second of that :P
If they fix it and finally give me a game, where I can drive with more than 1 car on the track at a time, I will play it some more.. until then, I've had it with struggling with the framerate.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

LOL I just reinstalled my Modern Warfare as well!

Assassin's Creed, I'll have to wait... that game's a little too tedious for me... Mass Effect, I'm not really into it
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

AC2 looks to fix a lot of the repetitive crap from the previous one. ME2 is looking to solve the problems of ME and Dragon Age is excellent. Can't forget the diamond in the rough that is Borderlands, which should get much much better over time. MW2 is causing more controversy than anything else, and starting to look a little mediocre with all the restrictions the devs are placing on the players. Pity.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Summ wrote:Going to play Modern Warfare again in anticipation of that second, too..
I just did the same. I have the tendency to install previous games in order to get ready to receive the sequel. Dunno why... :p
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

I've been tempted to fire up Modern Warfare as well. I still have it installed, but the only thing that keeps me from playing it, is that I don't bother removing the wheel from my desk...
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

hmmm after trying the "fresh install" of Shift on my newly installed Win7... it seemed a LOT smoother... until some random times or when there's impact on the guardrails... the WHOLE game just starts lagging... INSANE lag... like 3-10 fps lag... everything lags... from audio, graphics, to input, even menu... and even if I quit, it just stays at 10fps...

one fix however, is ctrl+alt+del... and task manager... screen flickers, goes to task manager then flickers back to Shift by itself... and it's back to 35-60fps... o.O!??!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Are you sure you have the right topic here zedex? Perhaps the bugs/glitches thread would've been more suitable.. ;)
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

I was playing SHIFT happily for a while but then my main storage hard drive decided to brick itself. The game was not installed on that drive but it wreaked havoc on my PC for some reason, and now my computer runs a lot slower than it should.

Once I've sorted out data recovery and reinstalled Windows I will give the game another crack (assuming I can get that all done before Assassin's Creed 2 comes out on PC).
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Will be busy playing MW2 for a while... or until the patch =)
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

Like Zedex, I've shelved Shift in favour of Modern Warfare 2, but I will probably try it again when the patch arrives. Right now MW2 is such a welcomed change of pace, that the patch really needs to impress if I'm going to become fully active in Shift again.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I retried a bit of career yesterday, particularly tier 4 supercars mixed event, willow springs race. Retried it like 30 times and gave up afterwards. Bumper cart racing isn't my thing I guess. I guess I'll stick to online time trials.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I am contemplating buying this again, or putting it in my gamefly queue once I start paying for the service again. Only if I had more friends who played any other game besides Modern Warfare 2.

Return to “SHIFT”