No one Drift online?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
downlinx1
Ricer
Ricer

No one Drift online?

Post by downlinx1 »

just wondering, has anyone seen anyone online drifting? I havent seen too many people drifting online, its a real shame.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: No one Drift online?

Post by Hydro_PT »

Maybe because the drift in SHIFT sucks? I honestly hate that mode, it's so bad... :|
downlinx1
Ricer
Ricer

Post by downlinx1 »

I'm sorry you feel that way, I have found quite enjoyable and fun. It is a lot better than the previous nfs drift modes. It is more realistic than the others as well, it takes a lot of practice to get your setup right. I guess I will just have to keep drifting with my lan guys.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Enjoyable and fun? Everytime I had to drift in SHIFT it was a nightmare. It's not about practice or getting your setup right. It's really badly done, the car's are overpowered and you can't control them properly. The track seems to be covered with oil. The drift physics, to be honest, suck.

I don't think it's better than previous NFS drift modes. Ok, Carbon's drift was shiznit, but ProStreet's was playable and even enjoyable sometimes. It wasn't realistic, but I could drift without wanting to smash my wheel. The same for Underground 2.

If you want a great, enjoyable and fun drift mode, play GRID. That game has some nice physics for drift, you actually enjoy drifting. It takes some time to get really good, and it's not super realistic, but it's quite good. I find SHIFT's drift to be one of the worst things in the game. They could have done one or two extra tracks instead of losing time creating such a mode.

But hey, if you enjoy it, that's ok. I just thought that wasn't possible. :)
Chikaraa
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Chikaraa »

The drift in nfs shift is pretty bad tbh... and most people get the game for the sim RACING, rather than sim-drifting...?
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

i found drifting wuite easy u just cant pull anything like cluth kicks or flick entries, the best way to drift is just to throttle at the turn, then control the car.
Instagram @SupraHKS
BurningSkyline
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BurningSkyline »

Drifting is Easy, people who say it sucks haven't learned that they can't mash the pedal and turn. You need to be more precise. I drift online every once and a while. Try to use cars below 6 and play ranked matches :)
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Zotic+ wrote:i found drifting wuite easy u just cant pull anything like cluth kicks or flick entries, the best way to drift is just to throttle at the turn, then control the car.
LOL so that's why I couldn't drift. Cos it's nothing like real drifting...

Return to “SHIFT”