NFS: Shift Settings help

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
ThreeFi5tySeven
Stock
Stock

NFS: Shift Settings help

Post by ThreeFi5tySeven »

What are your Driving setups for NFS SHIFT? such ass Handling Model Steering Assist Braking Assist Anti-Lock Brakes Traction Control Stability Control Gears?
and for the Adjust control?

Thanks
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS: Shift Settings help

Post by Hydro_PT »

Each person has his own driving setup, so you should find yours too. It might take a bit of time, but only you know how you like to play.

It is important to know if are you playing SHIFT with a keyboard, a handheld controller or a racing wheel with pedals. The racing wheel will obviously give you the best experience, but you will have to configure even more things to make it suit your driving style.

Anyway, let me explain what each setting does in Options > Gameplay > Driving:

Handling Model: this will decide how much assists you get while playing. In PRO setting, some assists will be automatically off and you can't turn them on.

Steering Assist: the game will help you turn in corners, so you can easily follow the best racing line. Useful if you're using a keyboard.

Braking Assist: the game will help you brake on corners (basically the car brakes on its own).

Anti-lock Brakes: this is the ABS system. If on, your wheels won't lock up when you brake too hard. If it's off and you brake too hard, you might lose control of the car.

Traction Control: with this setting on, the game will improve the traction for each car. This is especially useful when coming out of corners in RWD cars or when starting a race. The wheels will spin less and you will be able to keep the car in control. With this setting off, you have to be real careful when accelerating, especially with RWD cars with a lot of horsepower. :mrgreen:

Stability Control: with this setting on, the car will be more stable when cornering or in tracks with bumps. This allows you to keep the car controlled.

Damage Effects: you can have "visual only" or "full" damage effects. There isn't much to tell here, SHIFT doesn't feature almost any mechanical damage, so I don't even understand what this option is all about.

Automatic Clutch: with this setting on, the game will automatically use the clutch when you change gears, so you don't need to worry about it. This option might only be useful to turn off for players with 3 racing pedals (clutch, brake and accelerator).

Gears: if the gears are in automatic setting, the game will change gears for you. If it's on manual, you will have to change them yourself.

I hope this is useful. ;)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS: Shift Settings help

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I too do not understand why they included "visual only" and "FULL(lol?)" damage when the only thing i ever had wrong with my car after REALLY deadly crashes was it turning left or right a bit. again, the game needs to get its physics sorted out. its all related to it. maybe its just numbers needing tweaking, but it seems to affect a lot of stuff.

Return to “SHIFT”