Does anybody do this?
I have a couple of mates who do it...
heres my video
Cliffyboy1962
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Drifting on grip mode

Post by Cliffyboy1962 »

Nearly all the cars in normal race mode, will lose traction on cornering and power slide.

Technically, any loss of traction on the race track will lose you time when compared to taking the racing line on the edge of traction loss.

Unfortunately, when driving the fastest cars, i can't avoid power sliding, and hence my times could be better. I think having traction control ON probably stops this to a certain extent, but, getting off the line quickly, requires traction control to be OFF which i am not sure makes that much sense, but is definitely true.

I never drive any Drift races in Shift, I just don't like it. Why is there a separate drift mode ? Surely as you have demonstrated, all cars can drift. Drift mode seems to add some unrealistic, extra driftability, which doesn't make that much sense to me, so I leave it alone.
Ryosuke
Stock
Stock

Post by Ryosuke »

Your exactly right
thats why i despise drift mode and try and get people to try what i do...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Cliffyboy1962 wrote:Nearly all the cars in normal race mode, will lose traction on cornering and power slide.

Technically, any loss of traction on the race track will lose you time when compared to taking the racing line on the edge of traction loss.

Unfortunately, when driving the fastest cars, i can't avoid power sliding, and hence my times could be better. I think having traction control ON probably stops this to a certain extent, but, getting off the line quickly, requires traction control to be OFF which i am not sure makes that much sense, but is definitely true.

I never drive any Drift races in Shift, I just don't like it. Why is there a separate drift mode ? Surely as you have demonstrated, all cars can drift. Drift mode seems to add some unrealistic, extra driftability, which doesn't make that much sense to me, so I leave it alone.
I have traction control on , and no matter what Rear wheel drive car im using, just steering and holding on the accelerator will not spin out the car, making it look quite funny, as if the car wasn't RWD at all. i may be wrong but i seriously doubt if it is like that in real world, is traction control really that strong?
Ryosuke
Stock
Stock

Post by Ryosuke »

If anyone wants to find some more info about this, check my website

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Need_For_Drift
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees