Can't Get NFS Shift to Run

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Stormbreak
Stock
Stock

Can't Get NFS Shift to Run

Post by Stormbreak »

Ok, So my system does meet the requirements in 1 area, and meets them double in another... but i've
ran more advanced stuff.

Anyways when i try to start NFS Shift i get an error saying

NFS.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenyence

Nothing shows up before that, not even a black screen, i went to find the graphicsconfig.xml but theres
no NFS Shift folder in my documents(which makes me thinks maybe its crashing because its not generating
it or something). I also tryied installing NVIDIA Physx from the game disc(yes, i have an NVIDIA GPU)

My system is running Windows XP Service Pack 2, Updating to Service Pack 3 always results in a blue screen
that forces me to wipe my HDD, But I've ran other games that ''require'' it without trouble.(Skyrim, Fallout: NV, and a few others)

My system specs are

Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 2
AMD AThlon 64 3500+ Single Core @ 2.2GHZ, AM2 Socket Orleans Revision
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB(OC'd to 1000/2000 Core Shader from 810/1620)(Oh and its runs ProStreet Smooth At
Max, 1280x1024, 2x MSAA, 8x Anistropic, And 2x Supersample, Thats probably not the problem)
Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi GO! Pro USB With 64 Channel, E.A.X. 5 Support
2GB DDR2 RAM @ 233MHZ

Ive ran other games ''requiring'' faster dual-cores(Skyrim, FallOut NV, Sniper Ghost Warrior and many others) just fine
and there are youtube videos of shift on slower single core AMD's, So i think its software.

Could someone upload a lowest setting 1280x1024 graphicsconfig.xml so i can see if that will fix it? or does someone know whats going on? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Can't Get NFS Shift to Run

Post by Hydro_PT »

I guess the problem lies within the OS. You should upgrade to Service Pack 3 at the very least, or get a new OS like Windows 7.

It's weird that your PC crashes when you update the SO. Something must be wrong in there. Also, SHIFT 2 requires a Dual Core CPU.

Return to “SHIFT”