Talk about NFS - World Online

2010 Need for Speed World
aryamen
Ricer
Ricer

Talk about NFS - World Online

Post by aryamen »

The NFS World Online is said to be a PC oriented game, where the gamers will be able to use the benefits of a PC platform. Instead of making a game based on the usual console type view, the NFS team choses to make this one slighlty more customized for PC, in an effort to optimize PC users gameplay.
As the name "World Online" implies, gamers will now be able to play a proper game online with NFS fans worldwide. The distinguishing fact about this game is that it is merely, if not only used for online purpose. The addition of gadgets which can be applied to the game to help customize your gameplay makes this game interesting.
We're eagerly waiting for more intel on this game...

Post your opinions, discuss...
AMD Athlon 64x2 4400+
2GB DDR-RAM
nVidia GeForce 7900GTX 512MB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Talk about NFS - World Online

Post by Andre_online »

So far the pictures have been good.. I'm still waiting for gameplay videos. :)
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

looks good so far, but then how the game "looked" has never really been an agenda for me. the most important for me is how well it feels to "drive".

also will await more details on how they're going to manage the whole 'buy cars and upgrades' etc.. ie buy them with nfs world credits or with RL world $$$.
fyi the latter will be fail.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The graphics look great... I like the MW look but I hope they don't recycle it too much. But, I'm still really looking forward to it.

I also like the chatbox and autodrive feature. The autopilot takes over while you're shouting on the chatbox. :lol:
mean2u
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by mean2u »

Looking good so far, but Undercover looked good too and look how that turned out. Still, this is going to be free so the worst that could happen is EA stole some bandwidth I could have used for other things.

Bring on that car list! :D
Arkansaw
Stock
Stock

Post by Arkansaw »

Andre_online wrote:So far the pictures have been good.. I'm still waiting for gameplay videos. :)
of course, you would have to expect publicity photos to 'look good'

I've been checking their production blog targeted at TW users, they haven't been posting any concrete info pertaining to the game itself (staff bios don't count imho, as well as the info that was derived from blackbox at needforspeed.com). This together with the first trailer can only mean that the game is still in the early stages of development
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

Does anyone know when need for speed world online is coming? :D
Ati Radeon 4670 1 gig ram, intel duo core 2 2.3 gig cpu & sb x-fi sound card, 3 gig
kreepyderk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kreepyderk »

fall
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

A massive online world consisting of cities from the previous ''street'' games (Carbon, Most Wanted, Underground 1 and 2) would be awesome but as far as I know they are only using Carbon and Most Wanted's cities.

Team races look cool also - it could be like Carbon's crews but your wingmen are your mates.

As for cars, I reckon a good mix of Tuners, Exotics and Old School Muscle cars is important as in any NFS game but they wil need a lot of different cars so that everyone isn't driving the same car. And please bring back Underground's customization options, I want to show the wold how gunnish I am with vinyls.

So far it sounds pretty good BUT if I have to pay for anything ingame with real dosh then im not picking this game up. I'd rather pay $80 straight up for the full experience than paying 50 cents for a new bodykit, that would just feel bad.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

well that makes me a bit pissed that there gona make us pay for each kit. what if you like to buy all the items or change it up a bit every once in a while. ur gona end up pay in a shiznit load.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Well we don't know for sure if they're gonna do that but they sure have inferred it!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I've come across a site with some new pics - They look pretty ligit. It looks like they'll have a Mitstubishi Eclipse, Lambo Gallardo, a Mazda RX7 and a Porshe.

Check it out.
http://www.autogaming.net/pc/2632/need- ... een-shots/
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Those arent new. D:
korge
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

What do you think of the car list so far? It seems that the majority of the cars will be exotics, though I doubt that they can fill the game up all with exotics. They have also shown several tuners - Mitstubishi Eclipse, Mazda RX7 and Nissan 350Z. It seems that they're going for newer tuners though it's hard to tell at such an early stage. My worry though is that there'll be a lack of muscle cars in the game as none have been anounced as yet. Maybe they're saving them up for Motor City Online 2!?
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

The car list reminds me of Carbon so far. The unrealistic mosh of exotics and overly tuned daily drivers.
korge
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah - I agree completely
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

This is from the EA Website

Need for Speed World Online for the PC is the largest open world game in the history of Need for Speed, with an extensive roster of licensed cars and game modes - all for free online. The game follows the free to play business model which generates revenue through advertising and in-game item sales. World Online will begin the beta process in Taiwan this winter and will open to players around the world in fall 2010.

Advertising ingame I have zero issue with. Driving around the cities and seeing Burger King, Mc Donalds and Best buy was actually really cool to me. Not to mention bill boards advertising products. It gave the cities a legitimate feel and I welcome more of it. However the thought of buying every little kitt or part and buying individual cars just annoys me. As someone else previously posted, I'd rather just pay full price for the game and be done with it. Have MW and Carbon as the first game with Bayview and possibly Olympic city as seperate expansions. I'm not sure if they would even bother adding Undercover because it's still fairly new.

Free to play by buying expansions worked pretty well for Guild Wars. Hopefully they'll look at that business model as well. And they seriously need to think about bringing this to consoles if it turns out to be successful.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

Hmm I didn't know that you had to bay for items so you can use them thats kinda gay. I agree with you on just buying it instead of paying for this or that. They could do something like WOW and pay a few dollars a month to get every use of the game.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

Definately NO WoW style of paying. That's no different then paying for stuff you need piece by piece lol. I used the Guild Wars reference because you buy the game and that's it. No monthly payment like you mentioned.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

as long as they wont have me pay with real money for cars i like more than the others ill be cool with paid spoilers/kits/whatever.
if it was a Veilside kit for Rx-7...maybe it would be worth paying. but if it is just a random made up by EA kit, with no real purpose than looks whatsoever ....why would i bother buying it. even if said Veilside kit in game would still only look, not affect performance, i still prefer this over "EA Cheezy Designs LTD" >_>

i hope they include the "older" tuners too. Eclipse GSX, Toyota MR2, Supra, maybe older skylines than just r34 and r35...
dont care for older lancers...the only one i like is IX MR edition.
exotics? you can as well as leave them out, if you want to make them god cars in game.
same goes for muscles.
if a car is indeed better in real life then its OK. but it is not OK when tier 3 tuners are useless against everything like in carbon.
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i agree with u both i stopped playing wow cause of paying for it every month. I would rather pay for it all at once and for its expansion packs. And for the cars yah tuners usually get there ass kicked when its past tier 3.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

also its funny how in Carbon the 240 SX was in TIER 1, was CHEAPEST car in the game, had handling and acceleration of a medium tier 3 tuner, and speed of a good tier 2 tuner...while being cheapest and tier 1.
maybe EA will include a function to set the race "muscle only, tuner only, exotic only, all classes , only muscle and exotics, only tuners and exotics, and only muscles and tuners."
and the biggest problem there is if it was paid bodykits, if i even liked one, i would have to beg my parents for a god damn credit card to pay that stupid 0.99$ or whatever it would be, and then pay twice as much for the transaction itself ....
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

yah i know that feeling my brother use to do it to me and my mom to beg for the card so he can use 5 dollars or somethings and get it back and like 10bucks or more was used cause of all the hidden stuff from it.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah even though I might be paying less than what I would if I bought the game straight up, it's just the mentality that you are paying money to make your car in the game look cooler, with no gameplay benifits whatsoever.

But I think as Bojan pointed out a while ago that this would not be the case, that it would be 100% free to play. Obviously though we don't know for sure, we'll just have to speculate until more info is released.

As for the other cities in expansions, I reckon that it would be a great idea, but as the Art Director said in his blog, bringing a city like Bayview up to date with the current graphics and in the day/night cycle would take a lot of time, and they would rather work on bringing new content to the game.

Return to “World”