What are the key feature(s) for wanting World Online?

2010 Need for Speed World

What is a selling point for you for World Online?

Open-city.
45%
Visual customizations
18%
Performance customizations
No votes
Race modes
No votes
None of the above
No votes
All of the above and then some
36%

Total votes: 11

oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

What are the key feature(s) for wanting World Online?

Post by oshaylinux »

Dont feel obligated to the choices listed above. I chose "Visual customizations" that's the main reason I bought Juiced 2 HIN, it was well worth the $20. Visual customizations is one of the hottest elements of NFS, take that away and you have is Cool-aid without the sugar.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: What are the key feature(s) for wanting World Online?

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I played J2:HIN and that was the laggiest game ever, with everything being up to recommended system specs and on lowest graphics settings.

Normally in a UG-esque NFS game the main factor for me would be the Visual Custimizations, but we hardly know any details on this so right now that isn't a big selling point for me, same thing goes for Performance custimization.

Race modes are good, but aren't exactly I defining point for me, which leaves Open-City, which wouldn't normally be a very big highlight, I think we've come to take free-roam for granted in NFS of late, but the fact that it's MMO with free roam is just awesome in my eyes, so I'll go with open-city.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Jiuced 2 as a bad port, but with a an add in sound card it ran great.
Fasckira
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Fasckira »

Visual customisations - nothing better than the idea of spending hours tweaking and tuning your car, making it look all purdy then showing off to your mates online. ;)

That and the idea of having a large open free roam hub for when you're waiting for friends to come online to race and just want to mess around!
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Fasckira wrote:Visual customisations - nothing better than the idea of spending hours tweaking and tuning your car, making it look all purdy then showing off to your mates online. ;)

That and the idea of having a large open free roam hub for when you're waiting for friends to come online to race and just want to mess around!

I know what you mean. I miss those neon light most of all. I would love to be able to have lit dash boards and neon's in the interior view. that would be too nice.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I went with Open city as its just great to see an MMO have an open city that also combined with great graphics and great sounds judging by the few videos I've seen of it.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I did state the question wrong. It should have been,"What are all the key features you're hoping to see in WO?"
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

First of all, I want great racing. It's as basic as challenging, aggressive rivals, tough cops and interesting courses. Given that we will have a large pool of cars and lots of car customisation, I expect more variety in racing types. I made a table in the wiki and I don't expect each type in NFS' history. But I do demand championships (several races, the driver with most points wins) and knockout races (lap or tournament, or both!). Drifting and sector shootout are better for sanctioned racing, so let's leave them for Shift 2. Then, since we'll get a huge city, players should be abled to pick a few checkpoints and have a custom sprint or circuit track. This would allow many routes and full cop chases.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

NaBUru83 wrote:First of all, I want great racing. It's as basic as challenging, aggressive rivals, tough cops and interesting courses. Given that we will have a large pool of cars and lots of car customisation, I expect more variety in racing types. I made a table in the wiki and I don't expect each type in NFS' history. But I do demand championships (several races, the driver with most points wins) and knockout races (lap or tournament, or both!). Drifting and sector shootout are better for sanctioned racing, so let's leave them for Shift 2. Then, since we'll get a huge city, players should be abled to pick a few checkpoints and have a custom sprint or circuit track. This would allow many routes and full cop chases.
as for game modes, and checkpoints i'd like a Midnight Club 2 style checkpoint racing. you have a few checkpoints you have to pass either in ORDER, and then go for finish line, or you have like 5-10 checkpoints, and you have to just pass through them all without any order and then go for the finish line. it would be quite fun, and require some strategy in the second option.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I see the majority of what you all are listing is race modes and not actual game features. I would like the same day/night feature that's in Burnout Paradise UB PC. It covers all wants with it's opinions.

People ignore the upper message, I got this mixed up with another thread i have on EA.com official WO section.
Last edited by oshaylinux on 08 Jan 2010, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Well they have told before that there will be a 24 hour day/night cycle so I believe there will be one. It can already be seen in the first picture of WO which was released showing a part of Palmont in daylight. Furthermore, if you watch some of the early beta videos you will see that the sky is in a different shade in some of them which shows that there will be a day/night cycle.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

oshaylinux wrote:I see the majority of what you all are listing is race modes and not actual game features. I would like the same day/night feature that's in Burnout Paradise UB PC. It covers all wants with it's opinions.
Well race modes are one of the things that make or break a racing game, not so much the inclusion of a day/night cycle, though that's obviously a benificial addition.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Not to forget the physics engine and after that come the graphics.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Racemaniac wrote:Not to forget the physics engine and after that come the graphics.
I second that...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

oshaylinux wrote:
Racemaniac wrote:Not to forget the physics engine and after that come the graphics.
I second that...
when we have good physics engine + good game modes(and a bit of variety in them, not just circuit and say time trial.) then its a good base to add graphic fireworks customization features and other things to.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Just some more information I got off the World internet site - they claim that there will be thousands (1,000's!) of parts to custimize your cars with, as well as "The best car customization engine ever seen in a driving game. If you can dream it, you can create it in World."

I for one am extremely excited.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Just some more information I got off the World internet site - they claim that there will be thousands (1,000's!) of parts to custimize your cars with, as well as "The best car customization engine ever seen in a driving game. If you can dream it, you can create it in World."

I for one am extremely excited.
Like I said before, sounds like an intentional overexaggeration.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

"if you can dream it you can make it in World" sure :/ im dreaming of not-overpowered-exotics right now, im dreaming of no cheaters in World. oh so stupid i am #-o
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Hey, it's their job to over exaggerate, it's called PR :P

Still though...I think I'm falling for their hypnotic writing skills :lol:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

i hope people will not start dreaming about nude vinyls on their cars >.<
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

...XD.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Where did that come from, lol.

Come to think of it though, there are several cars in the SR with nude women (if cartoon women with exxagerated features count xD).

Let's hope no one does that though, keep it clean people :)
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I wonder if you can sell tuned cars to others, like auctioning them. So you can make money by making cars that look nice and by racing.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

_BLAHHEAD_ wrote:I wonder if you can sell tuned cars to others, like auctioning them. So you can make money by making cars that look nice and by racing.
great idea, if you dont like/want/can/have the tuning skills to win races, but your visual tuning is kickass, you just sell the tuned cars and are rich anyway 8)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah, I think that was a feature in Test Drive Unlimited actually...it would work a lot better in World though as the custimization is infinite in comparision to the very few options you have in TDU.

Return to “World”