The plot, the premise, the reasons to play

2010 Need for Speed World
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: The plot, the premise, the reasons to play

Post by Racemaniac »

In some cases subtitles would help, unless you want to put up the volume till you become deaf to hear some of the talking.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Here's how the Undercover cop thing would work to me. The UC would race in illegal races trying to take down certain racers doing the race, by tagging them and finishing the race in a higher position than that racer. Those racers will know that they have been tagged, but not by who. Their status as an UC will only be known by the computer and them and no one else.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

oshaylinux wrote:Here's how the Undercover cop thing would work to me. The UC would race in illegal races trying to take down certain racers doing the race, by tagging them and finishing the race in a higher position than that racer. Those racers will know that they have been tagged, but not by who. Their status as an UC will only be known by the computer and them and no one else.
if they are bad at hiding their true identity then everyone might notice they are Undercover cops.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

They might include a few references to Undercover.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:They might include a few references to Undercover.
hopefully something more than the reference to pro street in Undercover(Ryan Cooper got caught by cops :lol: )
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I feel the same way. When I saw that there were references to previous NFS game characters I liked it until I found out that they were just references to the name and nothing more. Maybe we could have some bigger references. If the game will have a career mode then maybe we could see some previous characters returning in World. That would be amazing if it came in the game.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Racemaniac wrote:I feel the same way. When I saw that there were references to previous NFS game characters I liked it until I found out that they were just references to the name and nothing more. Maybe we could have some bigger references. If the game will have a career mode then maybe we could see some previous characters returning in World. That would be amazing if it came in the game.
maybe if you race good enough you unlock special challenges against final bosses of Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted, Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover? and if you beat them you get their car or something.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Yeah but if that was to work it would not really make any sense, cos after you beat them in previous games stuff happened to them and they left....
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

But maybe you would just come across some of them and not all. It could be because they were looking for some new place to conquer. Or maybe it could be that since all the bosses have as much skill as you, it could end up in one huge final boss race between you, the previous bosses (who have also come up to the top just like you) and the current boss. Winner takes all, including the pink slips of everybody else.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

You know what would be REALLY interesting to see?

A final boss race with no restart... if you lose, it's all over (at least career mode) and have to start over. Very risky, but still. Just a crazy idea.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Nitrodemon McLaren wrote:You know what would be REALLY interesting to see?

A final boss race with no restart... if you lose, it's all over (at least career mode) and have to start over. Very risky, but still. Just a crazy idea.
WAAAAANT....yeah thats kinda my opinion. i'd like pink slip races against bosses where you TOO can lose the car.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I think things, especially in a game like this, should have consequences, not just a 'try again'. User vs user pink slip racers would be a good idea (just modifying your concept slightly from the AI bosses :wink: )
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Yeah I think things, especially in a game like this, should have consequences, not just a 'try again'. User vs user pink slip racers would be a good idea (just modifying your concept slightly from the AI bosses :wink: )
haha, for that reason i'd get a copy of my car with just the same performance, so in any case the original is mine :lol:
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

NFS4 and NFS Porsche had this "no turning back" career: if you lost, you can't restart the race.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

ElvenAvenger wrote:

WAAAAANT....yeah thats kinda my opinion. i'd like pink slip races against bosses where you TOO can lose the car.
or u turn off the gmae before it saves lol
Instagram @SupraHKS
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Zotic+ wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:

or u turn off the gmae before it saves lol
lolz, if they did it the way Juiced 2 did then no matter what happens, you lose, you turn off the game, you turn off the PC, you still lose the car if you get in a pink slip race. the game instantly assumes that opponent has both his and your car, and winning the race means getting both back.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Yeah but if that was to work it would not really make any sense, cos after you beat them in previous games stuff happened to them and they left....
Stuff happened to Eggman, too. I can still see him eclipsing the sun to this day.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

True, true...but Eggman is awesome. Darius is not, unless those hideous clothes he where's have some magical powers other than revealing his obscure fashion sense. Then he could come back.

Return to “World”