2010 Need for Speed World
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

The plot, the premise, the reasons to play

Post by oshaylinux »

Need for Speed World Online Plots

*All narrated by some sexy female actress*

There are four main roles players in WO can assume to advance their careers.

The Cop - will consist of racers in marked and unmarked police vehicles
- will also consist undercover cops posing as racers
- as in real life there will be ranks that you can earn

The Outlaws - these are the trouble makers. Their activities consist of: illegal racing, property destruction, and just
mayhem on the cities. And known for their cop chases.
- there are also ranks in being an illegal racer, the most coveted is to become a "Most Wanted"
The Legal Racers - these racers are about the racing
- these racers have rules for racing
- no illegal street racing
- cars must be of the same tier while racing
- will be penalties for dirty driving
- racing on closed off city streets with no traffic

The Bounties - these are the "Most Wanted" worst nightmare. There's no limit on the time they can chase you and can go anywhere.

The good thing is, any player can choose to be any four of these at any time in the game. If a player due illegal racing and other acts they will build their reputation as being an "Outlaw". But if that Outlaw chooses legal jobs and offers by the police, they start building their reputation as being Legal racers or cops. The same go for the other players/racers in the game.

Who you become is based on the chooses you choose in the game.

This is just an outline of of how I think the game should be set up that will make it dynamic and all about the players and their chooses. This is by no means the complete scope of what I envision for WO, just the bases for a player developed plot/theme that I feel will make the player what to play and invest money into WO day one and long term.

Now who was that that said you cant take the themes from the other NFSs and apply them to WO?
I got HP 3, U & U2, MW, C, Prostreet, Undercover, and Shift all rolled up into one game. No fancy actors needed, a cut screen here or there emphasize certain things and/or players but not needed. I can envision roles they could play, minor but yet effective.

This could be the in opening acted screen before or after a player signs up.

Oshaylinux
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: The plot, the premise, the reasons to play

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Well, I like your idea, but I don't know how practical a user playing as a cop would be, and whether enough people would want to play it if it was intergrated into the game. Also, the "legal" street racing kinda defeats the MMO idea, as well as the open city, I'm sure all users if they had the choice would choose to be illegal racers anyway, and the same applies for the bounties as it would for the cops. I think everyone being illegal street racers, with AI cops, would be the best option, and to make it more interesting they've got the clans or groups of racers, and I think that if they can make levels and skills acquired through playtime important and relevant enough, then that would be enough incentive for players who enjoy the NFS experience to keep playing. And on cutscenes and narratives, I don't think that would be a good idea in an MMO, just one cutscene (without real actors preferably) at the start to introduce you to the game would be more than enough.

What I'm saying basically is this should first and foremost be an illegal street racing game, with the players as illegal street racers, not cops or legal racers. This game is UG/MW/C with the advantages of an MMO, and I don't think we should try to change that - because as they say - don't fix what isn't broken (but I guess they said that for UC and that didn't do too well, but that's because the gameplay was identical, WO will be an MMO which is enough of a change already in my eyes).
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Throughout the my WO career, I will play the roll of each. Just think, I other racers star to bug you in the game you take on the career as a cop or undercover and you some good ol justice or revenge by busting their behinds.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Meh, still don't think the idea will work :)
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

I agree as everybody would still prefer being the racer since you can tune your car to the limit whereas there would be no tuning for a cop car, and anyways, the street racers always outrun the cops.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Racemaniac wrote:I agree as everybody would still prefer being the racer since you can tune your car to the limit whereas there would be no tuning for a cop car, and anyways, the street racers always outrun the cops.
Who said that you would not be allowed to tune your police car? That's not true, it's been many illegal street racers lost their lives running from the police. Police have to abide by rules even when they could easily over power that street car.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Okay, maybe we could let the cops soup up their cars... Then it'd be fun.
As for characters, is anybody expecting Cross to make a comeback in some new car?
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Racemaniac wrote:Okay, maybe we could let the cops soup up their cars... Then it'd be fun.
As for characters, is anybody expecting Cross to make a comeback in some new car?
I would like to Cross come back in the same role as in MW, but this time he gets to yell at me when I don't make my quota or let some bounty hunter get the "Most Wanted" I let get away. Or he pats me on the back because of the good work I'm doing in busting bad guys and promotes me when he gets promoted. :D
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

This sounds like NFS the movie, not one of my top priorities in the developement of the game.

And on tuning cop cars, how would that work. I don't think it would be good if people were "pimping" up their cop cars with neon and roof scoops...
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:This sounds like NFS the movie, not one of my top priorities in the developement of the game.

And on tuning cop cars, how would that work. I don't think it would be good if people were "pimping" up their cop cars with neon and roof scoops...
However you feel like fixing up you police car, just like in real life. It's all about what you choose to pay for.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I just don't see people wanting to custimize their cop cars, unless you had like extra cool roof sirens and stuff, but still, I would think that the problem would still lie in the fact that no one would want to bother being a cop over being a racer, I know it was cool in HP2 back in the day, but this is an entirely different context.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I just don't see people wanting to custimize their cop cars, unless you had like extra cool roof sirens and stuff, but still, I would think that the problem would still lie in the fact that no one would want to bother being a cop over being a racer, I know it was cool in HP2 back in the day, but this is an entirely different context.
Why do people in real life choose to be cops?.....
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I hear they get a great dental plan.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

GT3x24x7 wrote:I hear they get a great dental plan.
...and great donuts
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

HeHe

How do you all know that you will not play these other roles at some point or another?
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Well maybe they will start experimenting with 'Be The Cop' modes in more detail after similar modes in Carbon and UC.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Racemaniac wrote:Well maybe they will start experimenting with 'Be The Cop' modes in more detail after similar modes in Carbon and UC.
That could have a lot of potential...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Racemaniac wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:I hear they get a great dental plan.
...and great donuts
...and lifetime free coffee in the cafe around the corner!
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I just believe if they add a "be the cop" more people will play it than people think. I believe it would be a major attraction for lots of players...
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

It would be if they had Cop and Racer modes which could be played by anybody at anytime within a group or completely open.

Or it could be something similar to Burnout Paradise's Cops and Robbers wherein you could choose whether you want to be a cop or a racer which could mean that in a room of 8 players, there could be 3 Racers and 5 Cops or in a room which had only two players, it could be a one on one battle with 1 Cop and 1 Racer.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Okay I found this picture on the NFS.com website, I think it might consolidate your thoughts on a be-the-cop mode, though you never know. Trying my best to read what it says in the chat of this picture, I think that the user AWOL says "Just finishing my callout in Silverton". I don't even know if it says that for sure, that's just what my eyes are telling me, and even so, this might not be a reference to being a cop, but there's always a possibility. Not too happy myself if it's in, but hey :)
Attachments
WO be the cop mode.JPG
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

It might refer to being a cop or it could mean something else which is completely different.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah exactly, as I said, I don't know what he was referring to, or even if he said that or not.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Well, it does say "callout" according to what I saw.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

I don't demand complex stories, this is a racing game! Nonsense videos a la MW / Carbon / Undercover are enough to me. But please add the option of subtitles!

Return to “World”