Beta Testing talking

2010 Need for Speed World
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Beta Testing talking

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Well in regards to the stability, I'd assume it would be because they've just started the new build and it's got some faults, that should fix itself up sooner rather than later. Maybe the upped graphics might be contributing to that as well? Otherwise it sounds good.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

That is surely the new builds fault, i could understand it crashing if my GPU was overheating after really long time spent playing but if it crashes after like 10 seconds then its not right
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:If i saw any BMW M3, it wouldnt have its spoiler and would essentially look like a stock M3 E46, which leads me to believe it will be fully tunable.
That's a game issue with lag and vinyls. Until the vinyls and spoiler get uploaded for a car, what you see is a stock version of that car. In the case of a BMW, it's grey with no spoiler, the Skyline GTR is red. You see stock cars, then they vanish and reappear with the vinyls and paint.

I took a video of this happening with two cars from the April 7 beta:

http://rcgldr.net/nfsw/misc/nwvinyllag.wmv

The 1.48GB turned out to be the uncompressed size. The download size was about the same as before, around 550MB.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

rcgldr wrote:
ElvenAvenger wrote:If i saw any BMW M3, it wouldnt have its spoiler and would essentially look like a stock M3 E46, which leads me to believe it will be fully tunable.
That's a game issue with lag and vinyls. Until the vinyls and spoiler get uploaded for a car, what you see is a stock version of that car. In the case of a BMW, it's grey with no spoiler, the Skyline GTR is red. You see stock cars, then they vanish and reappear with the vinyls and paint.

I took a video of this happening with two cars from the April 7 beta:

http://rcgldr.net/nfsw/misc/nwvinyllag.wmv

The 1.48GB turned out to be the uncompressed size. The download size was about the same as before, around 550MB.
also strangely connecting to North American server didnt make any lag as in cars jumping around, just that people would blink rapidly, often appearing as i said without vinyls or other parts.
also i've noticed that Silvia's spoiler is permanently white/silver, regardless of main body color. it is affected by choosing gloss/metallic or any other type, but thats about it, it stays white/silver.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

ElvenAvenger wrote:Players cars would blink rapidly, often appearing as i said without vinyls or other parts.
Another variation of the vinyl lag, the game got stuck between removing the car with no vinyls, and returning the car with vinyls. It didn't happen all the time on the US server.
rapzeh
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rapzeh »

When does it start ?!
The email I received from EA "> START TIME - Wednesday, June 2 at 10:00 AM PDT / 19:00 CET"

its june 2nd 15.00 (3 pm) here in CET and I already played the game quit a bit, I'm almost level 8.

Now I can't loggin anymore, it gives me an error "Disconnected from server. Game will shut down" even thou sometimes i manage to login and play.
yaskerz005
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yaskerz005 »

beta just ended.. :(
beep beep
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Definitely need better ping management. Seeing as I'm in Australia running a 300-400 ping results in some bizarre situations.

Roll on beta 5 :) until Hot Pursuit is released :twisted:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Was thinking to buy the starter pack, but the last beta made me wonder, now the actual beta makes me place my money somewhere else! Typical EA, implement loads of features to steal players' eyes, but in the back they screw us big time. Why do I need tons of features, if I can't use them? Servers are slow, MP races don't work further than lobbies, Private matches share the same fate, it's pretty much pointless. I thought the last beta was bad, but they didn't solved any of the gameplay issues in this one. They kinda force you to play Single player so you can rise that experience bar, all good until the race starts and suddenly you get a rain of magnets from NPC :o, not to mention that the magnet is very aggressive, traffic cars stick on you!

Wouldn't mind all those, IF the game ran properly. Connect, race, win/lose, all we're asking. But it's not that way ... sadly.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Danyutz wrote:Was thinking to buy the starter pack, but the last beta made me wonder, now the actual beta makes me place my money somewhere else! Typical EA, implement loads of features to steal players' eyes, but in the back they screw us big time. Why do I need tons of features, if I can't use them? Servers are slow, MP races don't work further than lobbies, Private matches share the same fate, it's pretty much pointless. I thought the last beta was bad, but they didn't solved any of the gameplay issues in this one. They kinda force you to play Single player so you can rise that experience bar, all good until the race starts and suddenly you get a rain of magnets from NPC :o, not to mention that the magnet is very aggressive, traffic cars stick on you!

Wouldn't mind all those, IF the game ran properly. Connect, race, win/lose, all we're asking. But it's not that way ... sadly.
Duh, i actually found the magnet to be changed for GOOD in last beta. Finally the cars are actually attracted towards you, not MAGICALLY managing to take a 90 degree corner at 150 km/h just to block your way. now you have time to NOTICE and AVOID them. That and addition of various ways to counter it is great. Now you can choose if you want to block the magnet, avoid the cars OR smash through them.
To be honest, its quite usual you get rained with magnets when in first place. What is unusual though that they sometimes use it just as im crossing the finish line.

Return to “World”