Beta Testing talking

2010 Need for Speed World
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Beta Testing talking

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

That is a weird one, you wouldn't think that the game would affect the computer in a way to switch it off...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4173 ... itowam.png
i was bored and did this to my Eclipse GT. while at it, i learned some more about the vinyl editor.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:That is a weird one, you wouldn't think that the game would affect the computer in a way to switch it off...
Yea that's why I'm thinking it's a hardware fault...

It's a c2d 6400, 2gb ram, radeon 4670, winxp, latest catalyst drivers.

Update: tried max load on the GPU with folding@home, temp goes up to 86°C and everything works fine...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:That is a weird one, you wouldn't think that the game would affect the computer in a way to switch it off...
Yea that's why I'm thinking it's a hardware fault...

It's a c2d 6400, 2gb ram, radeon 4670, winxp, latest catalyst drivers.

Update: tried max load on the GPU with folding@home, temp goes up to 86°C and everything works fine...
weird, could it be your motherboard?
now that may seem stupid but maybe contacting someone at World forums may help(not through EA support :lol: that would be futile)
_BLAHHEAD_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by _BLAHHEAD_ »

I just got the login failed error, irony is that I was logged in ten minutes ago...

Edit: fixed somehow...
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i cant get the game to work anymore now. i could play it first beta period but now it freezes after initiating
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

viper16 wrote:i cant get the game to work anymore now. i could play it first beta period but now it freezes after initiating
Do you have NOD32? if yes then turn it off, download the 7.9 mb file, let it install, restart computer as requested then turn NOD32 off once again, kill all NOD32 processes through task manager and then let it download the rest, maybe this will help because thats what i did and it helped. but if you dont have NOD32 then i dont know but it might be the same issue
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

i have windows 7 64 bit so i dont think that would help
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well, seems like my problem is GPU overheating. In NFS World the temp goes up to 118°C. After then it shuts down and for about 10min I can't even get windows to start.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Bojan wrote:Well, seems like my problem is GPU overheating. In NFS World the temp goes up to 118°C. After then it shuts down and for about 10min I can't even get windows to start.
then the game for sure is unoptimized, it works fine on my 9800GT for an hour but afterwards framerate goes downhill, forcing me to restart beta.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Bojan wrote:Well, seems like my problem is GPU overheating. In NFS World the temp goes up to 118°C. After then it shuts down and for about 10min I can't even get windows to start.
Use Ati Tray Tool or Catalyst Control Centre to manually set your Fan speed for your gfx card. I had the same issue with Borderlands and my 4890 until the 9.12 drivers came out. Running 10.3 now and have no issues, but I guarantee a manual setting of your fan to 75% or maybe a little more (test to see what works) would do the trick :)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Fan was working at 100% all the time and it didn't help at all. Taking the card out of the case and blowing the dust out of it helped a lot though. a 20°C lower temperature running folding@home should make World playable.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

LOL - it's always the simple things ;)
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

handling
All cars seem fairly neutral in handling. The Charger doesn't oversteer like the Carbon version did. It feels like it corners better, more grip, but that could be simply because it's not as fast as the one in Carbon, with a top speed of 120 mph => 192kph versus over 200 mph in Carbon. The Elise isn't as sensitive as the Most Wanted version. The BMW was mostly neurtral (no oversteer or understeer) in Most Wanted and Carbon, so the feel is about the same, although it's down on power and top speed compared to the older games (173 mph => 277 kph versus 230+mph in Most Wanted).

One big difference is that bouncing off walls doesn't slow a car down as much as it did with Carbon.

The graphics engine is based on Carbon's engine. You see shadows of cars through hills in World, similar to seeing headlights of cars in Carbon. There's a brightness bug (it changes back to darker) with my video card, ATI HD4870, that only has this problem in Carbon and now World.
Carbon - exotics - high speed
The muscle cars in Carbon had the most acceleration and the highest speeds (over 280mph for the Z06 and Cuda). The exotics had less acceleration, less top speed, but better handling. The tuners were slower still, but had the best handling. The best tuner, the Lancer, was only good for the downhill canyon sprint events, otherwise it was relatively slow. The Z06 was fastest on the higher speed tracks, even though you ended up bouncing off walls, and the Audi Lemans was slightly faster at the tighter tracks.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

rcgldr wrote:
handling
All cars seem fairly neutral in handling. The Charger doesn't oversteer like the Carbon version did. It feels like it corners better, more grip, but that could be simply because it's not as fast as the one in Carbon, with a top speed of 120 mph => 192kph versus over 200 mph in Carbon. The Elise isn't as sensitive as the Most Wanted version. The BMW was mostly neurtral (no oversteer or understeer) in Most Wanted and Carbon, so the feel is about the same, although it's down on power and top speed compared to the older games (173 mph => 277 kph versus 230+mph in Most Wanted).

One big difference is that bouncing off walls doesn't slow a car down as much as it did with Carbon.

The graphics engine is based on Carbon's engine. You see shadows of cars through hills in World, similar to seeing headlights of cars in Carbon. There's a brightness bug (it changes back to darker) with my video card, ATI HD4870, that only has this problem in Carbon and now World.
Carbon - exotics - high speed
The muscle cars in Carbon had the most acceleration and the highest speeds (over 280mph for the Z06 and Cuda). The exotics had less acceleration, less top speed, but better handling. The tuners were slower still, but had the best handling. The best tuner, the Lancer, was only good for the downhill canyon sprint events, otherwise it was relatively slow. The Z06 was fastest on the higher speed tracks, even though you ended up bouncing off walls, and the Audi Lemans was slightly faster at the tighter tracks.
um no, Exotics had highest top speeds, muscle had highest acceleration, and tuners had highest handling. you can push a 911 Turbo to 453 Km/H on automatic while ZO6 maxes out at about 403.
now hopefully they get the cars realistically and tuners wont be useless.
Muscles feel like they should now, they are heavy but also they do have any grip unlike in Carbon where you were driving like on ice when driving a muscle car.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

rcgldr wrote:Carbon - exotics - high speed - The muscle cars in Carbon had the most acceleration and the highest speeds (over 280mph for the Z06 and Cuda). The exotics had less acceleration, less top speed, but better handling.
ElvenAvenger wrote:um no, Exotics had highest top speeds, muscle had highest acceleration, and tuners had highest handling. you can push a 911 Turbo to 453 Km/H on automatic while ZO6 maxes out at about 403.
A few of the exotics have higher top speeds if you have infinite nitrous, infinite crew charge and draft Nikki, and only at a few tracks. Under normal circumstances, the muscle cars acceleration allows them to reach higher speeds on most tracks. I made a quick video with the Ford GT at South Fortuna circuit track (it includes most of the central highway). The Ford GT's top speed is 522kph, but if you exit a draft at 522kph, you'll get a very short burst to some random higher speed.

The video below shows these speeds:

1-Porsche 911 Turbo 515 KM/H
2-Lamborghini Gallardo 508 KM/H
3-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 460 KM/H

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYx9eIcrJXY&fmt=18

Ford GT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX4FVo-1iSQ&fmt=22

Then again the record top speed occurs online when the game places you off track and you fall until the race times out. In this case the speed is 671 mph => 1074 kph.

http://rcgldr.net/nfsc/nfscdrop.wmv
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

HUD looks awesome!
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Bugger missed out on the beta again :(

Really hope I get an email if there is an open beta or a beta 4
Aetos-Paat
Stock
Stock

Post by Aetos-Paat »

I participated only in the last beta test. A game is good. Looks likable. Original appearance of auto can be changed how pleasingly. In beta of version it is possible to impose a 31
layer of stickers but also it is enough.
I was unhinged by some errors. Most complaints I have is the local movement
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Kaerar wrote:Bugger missed out on the beta again :(

Really hope I get an email if there is an open beta or a beta 4
Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Haha! Me too...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Ok, since no one did this yet, i will post the info:
they are going to pick out random people who were most active in last three betas, to test the new beta build that will have various fixes, performance improvements, new cars(:D) and some SpeedBoost points that will be used to buy powerups. after that period is over(from this friday to may 2nd, sunday) beta 4 will probably begin.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

The download is larger this time, 1.48GB, so expect to see more areas completed and unlocked. The previous betas were all based on the same December, 2009 build. This time it's a new build with new features, so that's probably why they are doing a mini-beta test. There's supposed to be a full beta test soon after this mini-beta test.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

rcgldr wrote:The download is larger this time, 1.48GB, so expect to see more areas completed and unlocked. The previous betas were all based on the same December, 2009 build. This time it's a new build with new features, so that's probably why they are doing a mini-beta test. There's supposed to be a full beta test soon after this mini-beta test.
I can't wait to drive the Silvia and see if it is a good Tier 1 car :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Ok, i played around a bit in Beta 4 and i have to say that visuals really changed, when you spawn after logging in it looks like your car was really just computer data, then it changes to its normal looks. when you crash, same happens. bright blue net appears on your car :lol: , and Nitrous effects are far more flashy :o
Visuals are improved in about every aspect, i just dont like that effect when crashing at high speeds.
as for new cars, i only got a Silvia so far but seems like im not going to leave that car :P its handling suits my driving style.
on a side note, when i connected to a North American server from Europe, if i saw any BMW M3, it wouldnt have its spoiler and would essentially look like a stock M3 E46, which leads me to believe it will be fully tunable.
new powerups, counter powerups to traffic magnet and increased level to 20 are great :) also they added powerups that add X percent to either handling, acceleration, or top speed during races. there are also variations like x% increased performance when 3rd place and under, or x% increased performance when someone used One More Lap and stuff like that.
unfortunately the game's stability is worse and it actually crashes on my PC for no apparent reason, but im not the only one so it will get fixed sooner or later.

Return to “World”