Are you interested in NFS World?

2010 Need for Speed World
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Are you interested in NFS World?

Post by jayson74 »

Looking through the World forums and new posts on the front page, I've noticed very little participation. When people DO post, it's usually the same few people over and over. If you manage to find this thread and you're interested in World, post here and say why. If you find this thread and you're NOT interested, post here and please give a reason why as well.

For me I originally had a lot of interest in World. The idea of racing in both MW and Carbon was a great idea. However the "Mario Kart" direction of the game completely turned me off. Not to mention that it's PC only whereas EA makes the lion share of their money from selling NFS on the console.

So like or dislike, please post.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Are you interested in NFS World?

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Well I think it's easy to think there's a lack of interest due to so few responses on the news post, but just because people aren't making a comment doesn't mean they're not reading it or not interested. A lot of people just avoid the forums altogether on this site (opting to be on the SR the whole time) and don't contribute to the forums/news posts, but still have there opinions on the game and have played the beta. Regardless, the World forum here on NFSU has 832 posts.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

Good points. The reason why I posted this thread was more about the number of responses to the news posted on the main page. There just doesn't seem like a lot of interest. I know that on the EA forums there's a lot more going on, but this site has been a major spot for info and discussion on all things NFS. And lets be honest, the reply numbers to NFSWO news is low, to say the least. Not to mention that when you look at the postings for the WO forums, a lot of threads and posts are from a small group of people. I can post 100 times and make it look like there's more interest then it is.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Well yeah, I don't deny that there is only a small group of people discussing World on the NFSUnlimited forums, but I come back to the point I made earlier about people being just as interested in the game without going anywhere near the forums. Also, with the news posts, as I said, I think a lot of people read and go to the provided links to check out the information than it may seem, I mean a very small percentage of viewers will comment back, because a lot of the time, what is there to say?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I was very interested in World but after first time seeing Traffic Magnet in its entirety i just went something like...."Just....no." every powerup has some + and - sides, but seriously 95% of time when i use the magnet, its either: one use and i win the race, result is that i feel like i cheated, or i get hit by this double edged backstabbing tool of traffic destruction, OR it causes a traffic jam and only i and those behind me are harmed by consequences. If only they reworked it, or made another offensive powerup in place of that one i'd be all for the game instantly.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

The effects of the traffic magnet can be countered by upgrading pursuit ram skill to level 5 (you'll also have to spend one level up skill on cooldown). A few players figured out that ram 5, nitrous 3 was the best combination back in the March 5 Beta. Ram 3, nitrous 5 could also work, but with the nitrous glitch where it gets stronger with each race (until you restart the game), nitrous 3 is enough.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

I am looking forward to it, but the inclusion of Powerups has me annoyed. They aren't needed, it's not Blur or Mariokart, its NFS. Hell I haven't even got in the beta as yet. I'll give it a go, but I am not holding my breath in the slightest.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Exactly what i thought. i was sure that NFS WORLD would be my dream NFS, Blur would be "that fun racer with good powerups,driving engine and licensed cars" but unfortunately nfs world is trying to beat Blur. :( not that its possible, Traffic magnet<any homing rocket or whatever else that you'd find stupid in a racing game.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah I realise they're trying to add a bit more variety to the racing by adding stuff in like this but it's just stupid. Giving us more game modes (you know, checkpoint, sprint, circuit, drag, drift, speedtrap) and removing these 'powerups' would be a lot better.
jayson74
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jayson74 »

It's not entirely about removing the power ups, it's more about allowing players to choose whether they use them in a race. I'm not sure how the races work but if a player is hosting the race, then allow that person to opt out of power ups and instead allow players to race normally with just NOS. If you want to further that then add back in the pursuit breakers that affect players like they would the cops. Not much really will have changed from what people are used to playing with.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

At the least give race options to include powerups, at the least imo.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

The powerups give it a sort of Blur feel to it. But they seem out of place in an NFS title.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

im interested now, my mom surprised with a new computer today, i dont know the psecs but this cimouter will be able to run it for sure. now i wanna know when the final will come out
Instagram @SupraHKS
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I've been so dis-interested in anything Need For Speed that I don't even know what World is.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Well where to start...

I got in the beta :)
Was really happy to see where the game was headed.

Played for a short while. Got insulted by ignorant 12 yr olds.

Did a couple of single player races, was lagging so bad I won when I was actually 2s behind the leader from my PoV...

Oh bought the S15 Spec-R. Nice looking car, bad handling. But it seemed I wasn't alone in the handling. It's like they took the worst aspects of MW's handling and mated them with the worst of Carbon's...

First off turning there is minimal to zero real understeer allowing for insane 200kmh cornering capabilities. However despite this lack of understeer and supercar grip the game still feels like it's in a permanent understeer like Carbon did and MW when pushing the limits. Then there is the funky ABS/TCS from MW where you have no control over the rear wheels. If I want to do a burnout I should be able to. I can't due to the weird way this works.

Did I mention the ignorant 12 yr olds? Because they are damn annoying...

Good looking models though I must admit. Back to the Underground 2 style in looks which isn't a bad thing. Though obviously updated to include the latest fun stuff with lighting and texture mapping.Tires leave a bit to be desired though, as I've never seen shiny tire treads before...

Then there is the powerups. No offence but WHAT THE F*** IS THE POINT OF THEM? They serve little to no purpose at all. The most annoying is the car magnet thing, but the rest are either pointless or just plain useless. Leave the powerups to Blur and Mario and get the racing back to racing for NFS World.

Overall, not a game I would spend money on, but then that echoes all the way back to MW...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:Well where to start...

I got in the beta :)
Was really happy to see where the game was headed.

Played for a short while. Got insulted by ignorant 12 yr olds.

Did a couple of single player races, was lagging so bad I won when I was actually 2s behind the leader from my PoV...

Oh bought the S15 Spec-R. Nice looking car, bad handling. But it seemed I wasn't alone in the handling. It's like they took the worst aspects of MW's handling and mated them with the worst of Carbon's...

First off turning there is minimal to zero real understeer allowing for insane 200kmh cornering capabilities. However despite this lack of understeer and supercar grip the game still feels like it's in a permanent understeer like Carbon did and MW when pushing the limits. Then there is the funky ABS/TCS from MW where you have no control over the rear wheels. If I want to do a burnout I should be able to. I can't due to the weird way this works.

Did I mention the ignorant 12 yr olds? Because they are damn annoying...

Good looking models though I must admit. Back to the Underground 2 style in looks which isn't a bad thing. Though obviously updated to include the latest fun stuff with lighting and texture mapping.Tires leave a bit to be desired though, as I've never seen shiny tire treads before...

Then there is the powerups. No offence but WHAT THE F*** IS THE POINT OF THEM? They serve little to no purpose at all. The most annoying is the car magnet thing, but the rest are either pointless or just plain useless. Leave the powerups to Blur and Mario and get the racing back to racing for NFS World.

Overall, not a game I would spend money on, but then that echoes all the way back to MW...
i saw gameplay from Blur, and from my PoV, Blur powerups are FAR, FAR better than NFS Worlds. and they are quite basic, just a "Nitro/Turbo" power up, repair, some missile, i THINK about 2 types of missiles and traps you leave behind you, and i think THAT is better than "Car magnet" and "one more lap" ...
+ 20 car races in Blur = epic win.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Blur is a VERY fun game... I just wish more people would buy it on the PC =( right now if I see more than 100 people playing online... it's a LOT...

I played a bit of World... after rage quitting about 8 or 9 times for keeping the pursuit going for over 15 mins and end up getting arrested... and how there are always some people with a "rented" porsche that just beats everyone else... I'm not sure what my stance is on the game yet...
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

The large grid numbers in Blur are good, the handling model and the fact the game starts the race for you are huge negatives IMO. The powerups are literally straight out of Mariokart so no inventiveness there, and for the most part they don't really work or do a lot of damage :(

NFS World OTOH is worse powerup wise and handling wise, which to me sees it not really doing well upon release as the two causal racers recently released beat it up very convincingly :shock:

The thing NFS has on it's side are the Free Roam and memorable world. The car models are excellent too unlike Blur's weird almost caricatures of the real cars and Split Second's totally fabricated wannabe's. However the ability to drive about like you are on rails which feel like they have permanent understeer but don't (weird mechanic) makes it a very surreal experience.
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

I like NFS World...IF = powerups + level caps + starter pack = banished away. Other else is good but not great.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
shinjeon9
Ricer
Ricer

Post by shinjeon9 »

Kaerar wrote:The large grid numbers in Blur are good, the handling model and the fact the game starts the race for you are huge negatives IMO. The powerups are literally straight out of Mariokart so no inventiveness there, and for the most part they don't really work or do a lot of damage :(

NFS World OTOH is worse powerup wise and handling wise, which to me sees it not really doing well upon release as the two causal racers recently released beat it up very convincingly :shock:

The thing NFS has on it's side are the Free Roam and memorable world. The car models are excellent too unlike Blur's weird almost caricatures of the real cars and Split Second's totally fabricated wannabe's. However the ability to drive about like you are on rails which feel like they have permanent understeer but don't (weird mechanic) makes it a very surreal experience.
Totally agreed. I think that Blur is in different genre with World.
The only risk is if there is no risk at all.
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

OK World just officially got extremely boring. NFS Hot Pursuit (3) by Criterion just kicked it into touch! Visuals are massively improved over shiznit (yes that was intentional) and it brings back everything that was great about the HP versions of the game. Missing Tacho and stuff from the gameplay presentation at E3 I would hope to be rectified by release, but TBH World doesn't stand a chance ;)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:OK World just officially got extremely boring. NFS Hot Pursuit (3) by Criterion just kicked it into touch! Visuals are massively improved over shiznit (yes that was intentional) and it brings back everything that was great about the HP versions of the game. Missing Tacho and stuff from the gameplay presentation at E3 I would hope to be rectified by release, but TBH World doesn't stand a chance ;)
+You pay once. :lol:
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Yup seeing as there has been zero activity in here since the previews of Hot Pursuit 3, I think the final nail has been hit home :lol:

Going to miss the tuning side of things, but since NFS was never quite on the ball with that anyway, not a great loss. I hope the handling makes up for it ;)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Kaerar wrote:Yup seeing as there has been zero activity in here since the previews of Hot Pursuit 3, I think the final nail has been hit home :lol:

Going to miss the tuning side of things, but since NFS was never quite on the ball with that anyway, not a great loss. I hope the handling makes up for it ;)
Time to bury the corpse. *grabs a shovel and starts digging :twisted: * :lol:
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Yep, it seems HP2010 has completely overshadowed NFS World... by the looks of it, World will meet the same fate as Motor City Online.

Return to “World”