Showroom Weekly wants your thoughts!

2010 Need for Speed World
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Showroom Weekly wants your thoughts!

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hi guys, As some of you may know, I write for NFSUnlimited's e-magazine, the "Showroom Weekly".

In the upcoming issue, we're going to be interviewing "NFS Drew", and we wanted to hear what you want to know.

So tell us what questions you'd like us to ask NFS Drew about, and we'll select the best questions to ask, and to be answered by, NFS Drew.
Last edited by Dr Houbenheimer on 14 Jul 2010, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Showroom Weekly wants your thoughts!

Post by ElvenAvenger »

When will we see the Porsche 959? Did anyone participate in the contest at all?
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

ElvenAvenger wrote:When will we see the Porsche 959? Did anyone participate in the contest at all?
Well actually, there were some participants and this link leads to the results. That post only shows some of the great entries, 3 to be exact.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Hmm, I think I have a question of my own now :P Thanks for the link.

It's an interesting contradiction that they say in that article that the 959 will be playable upon the initial release of World, yet the announced car list upon release does not include the car. Link to the full car list below.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/view/18503

Please continue providing questions!
Rizur
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Rizur »

I really hope that isn't the final car list. Because some it lacks some popular cars such as R34, Supra, RX-8, Evo X, Viper, TT, Eclipse GSX and lot's of exotics. And how about Honda/Acura? So I would like to ask if we are getting some car pack later and if yes do we have to pay for it?

Also the vinyl selection is weak and now we don't have decals at all. Are they going to make something for this? I keep this myself quite important thing not only because I love tuning but also because in MMO games you want to make your character (in this case your car) personal. And now it looks like we are getting worse tuning possibilities than in Carbon when you can't even change your rims.
Racemaniac
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racemaniac »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:Hmm, I think I have a question of my own now :P Thanks for the link.

It's an interesting contradiction that they say in that article that the 959 will be playable upon the initial release of World, yet the announced car list upon release does not include the car. Link to the full car list below.

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/news/view/18503

Please continue providing questions!
I remember them saying that on release they plan on having 50-100 cars and then expand that to 250 cars as they told us in the beginning. I do think that the car list you posted is the one for the Open Beta as it has way too few cars for even being considered a proper NFS game car list. And as Rizur mentioned, the car list is missing a lot of popular cars.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

As far at the car list goes, most of them will be uncompetitive, filler cars for each tier. It appears that the number of car slots in a players garage will be very limited unless you buy slots with speedboost. In the June 28->July 7 beta, I only had 3 slots while at level 35, that's one slot per tier. I don't know how many slots will be unlockable without using speed boost in the released version of the game.
AJ_Lethal
Ricer
Ricer

Post by AJ_Lethal »

All the world will be open at the very beggining?
There would be a full night/day cycle?
Rims can be purchased apart from performance packages?
There would be an option to create a group in-game?
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

when will ea make a tuner game as well as midnight club la?

We want new graphics and "brand new" game engine. not updated graphics with crap nfs most wanted game engine. we want to feel the suspension, not shaking toy cars. Be professional and make a serious game like midnight club la. of course if you can :)
reputated
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by reputated »

Whats the maximum number of players that are supported in a single event?
Some pursue happpiness; others create it
Reiji
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reiji »

What happened to those canyons roads from Carbon? As far as I remembered, in order to cross Rockport to Palmont [and vice versa] you needed to cross that place.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Reiji wrote:What happened to those canyons roads from Carbon? As far as I remembered, in order to cross Rockport to Palmont [and vice versa] you needed to cross that place.
The cayons, drift tracks, and San Juan are not connected to the main free roam area. Instead they are like virtual cities of their own well off the main map. Dillano609 made map of the actual locations of those areas in this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6AhfObGlc&fmt=18
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Will there be a manual transmission option any time soon, and will there be any ability to change the controls?

Also, will the sounds of the Evo and the STi, which sound like the 350Z currently, be fixed?

EDIT: Thank you for answering my question (and a lot of our questions), Marc and Drew! :)

Return to “World”