World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Bojan »

So the final version of Need for Speed World starts tonight for those who preordered the starter pack.
Anybody here who bought the pack and will start playing this week?

Edit: btw I'm in the head start with driver profile name bobyx
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Vimenze »

Will add you when i'm in the game again =) Right now just offline hehe
If you happen to be on it before i am, i'm using Vimenze there as well.
I know this is an old thread but hey it's still open
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Wow level 37, you must play a lot! I'm getting around 250xp for placing top 3 multiplayer lately and 7k needed for me to get to lvl 11. At that rate it's gonna take years for me to get to your current level :P
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

The advantage i had was the HeadStart
Killing 20 to 25 cops was getting me 11.000 REP and 9000 Money.
Then when the official introduction started, it decreased to 5400 and 4900.
Best way is still to do Pursuits.
How?
Just over 7 Minutes pursuits at Heat 5 and smashing around 20-25 cops gives you 5000+ easily =)
Goodluck with it Bojan! will catch you at World one day =)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Hmm maybe that's a good strategy then. I did do a rather long pursuit yesterday klling around 6 cars and got 300xp for it (and lost $900 as I was busted in the end). Maybe I should focus more on taking out the cop cars :)
And I completely forgot about the headstart which is when I played the game.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Vimenze wrote: Just over 7 Minutes pursuits at Heat 5 and smashing around 20-25 cops gives you 5000+ easily =)
Goodluck with it Bojan! will catch you at World one day =)
You only get 5000k+ @ your level ... I get max 3400 @ lvl 27.

Besides, I really don't get this level burst, why hurry to level up, when EA promised so many updates? I just want my Pro package for Evo.

Just read on NFS's tweet, that some new customization update is just around the corner. Fingers crossed for own rims option and decals.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well what bothers me most is the fact that the 350Z (which I own right now) is way slower than a good tier 2 or even tier 3 car. I used my initial speedboost to rent a cayman and that way just so much more fun to drive than anything slower. And the $450k Cayman is just so far right now...
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

It's not about boosting up the level.
I really don't care about the levels anymore, i want 600K so i can get lambo or a vette =P
It's funny that i get more Rep than Cash so i kinda fly through the levels. But i kept buying other cars.
Started with Mitsubishi Eclipse. Sold it and got a Silvia, then sold that one and kept the free T1 Toyota left.
Then i bought the Dodge T2, then i sold the T2 when i had plenty of money and bought the Lexus, then after a day or 3 i sold the Lexus and bought the Nissan 370z. Then i kept gathering money until me and a mate were drifting at the busstation so i also bought the Dodge back (great drifter at free roam!) and now i am just saving up until T3.

So you can see, it has got nothing to do with lvls for me, just the money and the fun cars =)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

350Z isn't slow at all, i have that as well, been using it since lvl 25, with Pro package, it's a good alternative until level 28(when Pro package is available for most cars i.e. Evo, Rx7, etc), it's faster than most of Tier 2 cars, with street package.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Good to know I won't be needing a new car for tier 2 then. I'm far away from any upgrade though.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

If you are into MP races, it's always good to be competitive and alternate through cars. For example, I played with s15 until lvl 15, when i bought Evo, then bought street package for it, reached a certain level where Evo wasn't so competitive and Elises kicked my a**, then bought 350Z and upgraded to Pro. Now I alternate between cars Evo with street and Z with Pro :)
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

Silvia is indeed the best car for T1, but people pick the cars they love, i did that too. Eventually the Silvia turned out best.
Today i sold 2 T2 cars cause i got bored of them and bought a Elise for the first time.
Since i had the money for it i threw the Pro package on it and that thing is really fun to drive. Also with pursuits but it's not for crashing cops, more for tricking them and guiding them to these breaker-spots.
Now it's going to take forever until i have 600K for a T3 hehe.
I wish EA would somewhat give us a heads-up on what is going on with the new content. Hope it wont be released very late =)
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Anybody else got a warning from ea for having offensive words on your car? :P

Anyways is it just me or the mp races are a bit too easy, I mean as long as you get get ahead of all the chaos(everyone just keeps on ramming) as soon as possible you're good, unless something horrible goes wrong, like traffic spawning out of nowhere.

Also still not a fan of the powerups aside from juggernaut which helps me a lot in pursuits where those big cop trucks that ram you from the front, I'd still rather have the speedbreaker though but thats just me. But yeah as someone said previously in this topic pursuits are the best way to get rep/money if you don't want to get in all the chaos in mp races. :)

Now I'm just doing lots of pursuits until I can get a charger(240sx getting a bit boring) and wait until some more new content arrives, and hopefully they raise the level limit for free users because level 10 is just too small, and $20 just for higher tier cars isn't worth it right now imo since the game still looks a bit unfinished.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Yeah, in a MP race, getting the 1st is the best thing that happens to you as player, but that, sometimes it's like an epic battle. i really hope they will add something like collision detection on/off.
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Yeah collision on/off would be really nice,

Also I was in a pursuit once and was on the road that I barely remember about in MW but as I was going along I do remember it having that bus station where you could go up to ramp and stay there, needless to say I tried it and I just ended up looking like an idiot because apparently it was barricaded. :lol:

I don't see why they'd block it though, I mean its not like you get more money the longer your pursuit is since its like capped(well at least for me since I'm playing it for free, so level 10 only. :( ). Also I wonder why they got rid of the helicopter in pursuits? It added so much fun sometimes since it'd do something crazy like ramming vehicles out of the way and I saw it once on a roadblock. :D

Anyways I got my charger now though, tried to make it resemble one of the cops but am missing all of the text thats supposed to be there (police on the side, front, back) then I saw another guy with the starter pack and he had made it like, almost exactly the same as the real cop car. I don't know how he pulled it off with 31 layer limit but it sure does look nice.
Plus his text is like, perfectly made, I've been searching for the text in vinyls section but never found it, I'm assuming its included in the starter pack again, either that or I didn't look hard enough. :)
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

Actually it has been barricaded because people started abusing that spot.
They just stood there and let cops ram and get Heat 5 and tons of cash/exp before the official launch.
What happened is some person posted a vid showing how smart it was, then a patch followed up and they barricaded it.
I actually find that a great deal because this way people have to keep driving to keep the cops off their azzez =)
Pursuits are challenging, not a matter of "i stay here and earn money easy as pie!" =P
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Hey can I ask a question. I have a slow computer upstairs and my downstairs computer is average do you think it would be worth downloading. :?:
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

you can try it out for free but i would pick the average pc hehe and just try it out first =)
simply just sign in at the site, download it and have fun
you can play free up to level 10 so it gives you plenty of time to find out if you like or not
LancerEvoFan0504
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by LancerEvoFan0504 »

Vimenze wrote:you can try it out for free but i would pick the average pc hehe and just try it out first =)
simply just sign in at the site, download it and have fun
you can play free up to level 10 so it gives you plenty of time to find out if you like or not
Well the problem with the average one is it was just wiped completely because of viruses and is being updated so it would take awhile to get up to date and its my dads computer.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

acbx wrote:Also I was in a pursuit once and was on the road that I barely remember about in MW but as I was going along I do remember it having that bus station where you could go up to ramp and stay there, needless to say I tried it and I just ended up looking like an idiot because apparently it was barricaded.
It works bettter now, drive up next to ramp, under the "bridge" that connects them, then press backspace to reset onto a ramp. I see lots of players doing this now, and with the barricade, the cops can no longer drive up there, only getting there sometimes by crashing. To evade, you can just back down the ramps since the barriers will put your car into evade then cooldown mode.
Vimenze wrote:Actually it has been barricaded because people started abusing that spot. They just stood there and let cops ram and get Heat 5 and tons of cash/exp before the official launch.
Except the cash and rep are now capped, with cash maxing out at 5 minutes, and rep maxing out at 7 or 8 minutes depending on how many cops you disable. The cash and rep cap have rendered this "abuse" (exploit) virtually useless, and now it's just a curiosity point.

It's not just the bus terminal. It's my opinion that the Most Wanted designers purposely created several locations where players can park during pursuits, so players having problems with pursuits could do a 30 minute pursuit, which was one of the career milestones. These spots include the bus terminal, cannery, campus (several ramps there), refinery (ramp in middle), prison (drop onto side of angled ledge), ... In addition, there are spots near pursuit breakers, like the stadium where if you drop a sign and don't disable all the cops, you can park next to the sign and wait forever, (at the other spots eventually you'll get busted or evade). Downtown Rockport has more of these spots but it's not imported into World yet. Carbon also has a few spots, but since there was no reward for long pursuits, these are not well known. The bus terminal is better known because it located between the starting and exit point for the final pursuit in career mode (when player gets the BMW back), which was a 5 minute pursuit.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I hope when they add Supra and Skyline R34(now dont tell me they arent, lol) i hope it wont be a copypaste sound from R35...
acbx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by acbx »

Danyutz wrote:Check this out!

Awesome pictures updates from Gamescom
Night time just looks so preetttyy..

Seriously though I wish they added it from the start, it gets kinda boring that the weather doesn't change, never turns to night or much better, rain.
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

i wonder how heavy the game is going to be when there's night added.
i mean, it's a whole new world then right =)
as for rain... that would actually be fun but then it's actually a shame we have no dash-cam. then we hafta turn on our wipers and such. ok i'm probably going to far with thoughts hehe.
i was hoping the new content would be released this week but i'm guessing it's next week.
I find that they are a bit behind with new content.
Somehow vagely i remember some of EA saying it will be monthly content.
So far we only had bug-fixes (which of course helped a lot) and well yeah. 4.6A, we all know that one lol
that was one weird day.
i do hope to see the new content soon, i'm very curious =)
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

And the official new content announcement!

Link @ NFS

Return to “World”