World Final General Discussion Thread

2010 Need for Speed World
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Re: World Final General Discussion Thread

Post by Danyutz »

Anyone tried accessing world.needforspeed.com ?? It says it's down for maintenance, but it shows an SL 65 AMG there, should we expect it as a new car? :)
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

I only get a message saying "SERVICE UNAVAILABLE", assumed to be the english language message of what I have here from my german text. ;)
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Check this out

"We're sorry, the website is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Please check back soon."

This gonna be major updates that we all waiting for.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

r4ptor85 wrote:Check this out

"We're sorry, the website is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Please check back soon."

This gonna be major updates that we all waiting for.
For me a major update would be that they put up 20 new Servers so people can play relatively lag-free even in the evening when most people actually have time for that. What does it help me if I can only play without much lag in the morning, when I for sure have other things to do than playing.

New content is nice, don't get me wrong. But first the game has to work better before content updates are really any help.
Just my 2 cent of course. ;)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Most people are assuming that the 7 hour downtime for the new patch is for all the new content - team pursuit, some new cars, new roads accessible etc.

And yeah, servers would be nice, but I don't think that EA is really looking at getting more right now unfortunately.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Yes, but not looking to put up new servers but other stuff that even attracts more people, and in the process overloading the servers completely with even more lag, then what good is an update at that point ? :evil:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I agree.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

I just checked. Server seem to be online again. But roughly 40 MB, I wouldn't call that a big patch at all. The last one was over 80 and also didn't really bring some useful. So I wouldn't get too excited about that Patch.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Dunno why peeps were waiting for anything new, when the servers are being so unstable since F2P.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I actually just read that the server maintenance that was happening the other day was completely for fixing up the servers, rather than content, so let's hope it's a bit more stable now.
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Fixing server?

I still have same problem with disconnected game...
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

They just announce five new car for next week;

Porsche 911, BMW 135i, Mitsubishi Evo X, BMW E92 M3 and Toyota Supra
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

They're some nice additions, it sounds like they will be incrementally adding new cars (about 5 a week) for the next month or 2, so expect around 30 new rides all up (that's what I read from a source).
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

They should pump up the car slots too :)
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Porsche 911, and Toyota Supra are everything that i am interested in from those 5 cars.
Evo X is ugly in my opinion, and the 2 BMW's....indifferent. Hopefully they will be good and there will be some variety in cars that i see. Now its just Silvia and 370Z(i didn't see anyone actually owning a T3 car, only some rentals.)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I'm actually still trying to get my World client to update the game with that 40mb patch, it's going stupid. It says download initializing for about an hour or 2 and then it starts downloading...really slowly.

EDIT: A good 6 hours later, my 40mb update is complete! :lol:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

WoW :lol:

Anyway, somewhere on world.needforspeed.com i saw some info claiming that Toyota Supra would be released this month. So they have just a few days till september ends and....well, its still not there.

It was in that thread listing all interesting stuff from Ask Marc videos.

"One of the new cars coming this month is the Toyota Supra!" - Episode 19 September 10
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

We'll get 5 new cars this week. 911 turbo, bmw 135i, m3 e92, supra and evo x.

source: podcast
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

From what I heard it was coming on Tuesday...that being today - going to check my client now.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Wait mate, if it's Tuesday in Europe, it's Monday in US
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

I was unsure as to whether that was American or European time, and as I'm in Australia I basically just assume that it would be around that time...should be up in the next 12 hours or so I guess...anyway, I just wasted my money on a 370Z, so it's pretty pointless to go out and get the Supra now anyway, but I should have a heap of fun going around the canyons anyway.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

I am so glad they come up with more cars. So the game can attract even more people and lag even more.
Currently I lost all fun in this game because the lag, especially in the evenings when I have time to play actually, is terrible. Doing a Race or a Pursuit, the lag kills all the fun with it. What does it help me when I press the key to activate the powerup and it just doesnt happen. Nothing happens. You press, press and press, still nothing happens. Then they get you because you warped / lagged into a roadblock and they are all around you. And since the emergency evade activates 60 seconds later, after you actually needed it, I got caught and the pursuit is over.
Same in a race, powerups dont fire up when you need them. And with those s**** rammers, you cant even defend yourself with one of those powerups or because the lag makes you warp around a corner, you end being last after you were even first or second.

Adding new content, really ? Thats what is important for the game ?

I hope things change in time, I for sure will take a break from this game. And I hope when I get back that things have changed. Really a shame, I like the game.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote:I was unsure as to whether that was American or European time, and as I'm in Australia I basically just assume that it would be around that time...should be up in the next 12 hours or so I guess...anyway, I just wasted my money on a 370Z, so it's pretty pointless to go out and get the Supra now anyway, but I should have a heap of fun going around the canyons anyway.
So canyons are released this week along with those cars? :o
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

Unless the new cars are faster than the current cars, I don't see many players getting the new cars. Most are out of slots, and the time it takes to recover from selling a car and buying a new car, especially when the performance of the new car is unknown, will discourage most from trying out the new cars.

I'm out of slots, and unless one of the new cars starts showing up on the leaderboards at nfs-s stats, I don't plan on buying any of them.

In addition there are more cars to be released in the future. I'm waiting for the Zonda, with a top speed around 220 mph, according to one of the Ask Marc videos.

The new cars would make more sense if we got more free car slots, but I don't know if or when that will happen.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I think that if they are going to add garage spaces, then its after tuning is reworked into single part tuning and not just street/pro levels.

And you are right, its too hard to actually recover from selling a car unless you have <max amount of cars> and several million $ in game. Otherwise its just a grindfest so you can afford a car, then some more grinding for the tuning. Honestly, they could atleast increase cash rewards. For now its just, unfortunately, Buy tier 1 car, grind, upgrade it, grind, buy one tier 2 car, grind, upgrade it, grind for a looong time, buy tier 3 car, grind some more, upgrade it(if possible), grind some more.

And because of that you have to actually plan which cars you do want to buy. If you buy a car to try it, then you can be 99% sure that it will be a pain to recover from.

Also, if a good Tier 3 car is 2 million, then i don't really want to know the price of tier 4 cars.

Return to “World”